Friday, December 19, 2014

The Fever That Never Ends

This flu stuff, is miserable business.  I've been sick for the past two weeks, and it's been every icky illness going around.  Lovely.  So tired of getting or being sick.  I have currently coughed so much that my ribs are in a ton of pain. 

Not to mention that my children have missed so much school.  Son Circus #2 has basically missed an entire week of school.  Son Circus #1 has been at school one and a half days this week (he almost made it all day yesterday, but I ended up having to go pick him up early for having a 102 fever).  My poor boy. 

I've been living on Advil cold and flu pills or Alka Seltzer cold and flu stuff and hot chamomile tea. The tea and Alka Seltzer knocked me OUT last night.  I woke up at 5am because it felt like my arm was burning, it was Son Circus #1, he was burning up.  He had crawled into my bed and he had laid his face on my arm and it was HOT.  I quickly got him some Ibuprofen, and a cool wash rag.  Soon enough we were both OUT like a light again.  I don't even remember my alarm going off, I woke up at 7:30am and realized I had TOTALLY over slept (by like an hour and a half!!)  so I quickly got up and got the ONE kid ready for school that is healthy enough to go to school. 


Realized it was snowing too.  Nice. 

She got off to school, and now I'm home with my sons.  Who I WISH were well enough to go to school.  They keep fighting.  Unfortunately, they both STILL have fevers, not high enough to be scary, but high enough to keep them home from school). 


Today is the class parties, so the boys are disappointed they are having to miss them, but that's what happens when your whole family gets sickly. 

I actually made a phone call to the pediatrician's office this morning.  Upon describing what has been going on with my kids, yep...they've had all the illnesses going around, minus one. They haven't had *knock on wood* strep throat. 


*** Well, that's as far as I got yesterday, before the ickies took over again, so carrying on from here! ***

I survived my daughters Christmas party at school yesterday.  My sons were home sick with Dad Circus, so I ventured out to the school (thank goodness for cough drops), I delivered the hand made ornaments the kids and I made to their class mates, they were a hit, the kids loved them.  The students were so sweet and sent well wishes for my sons that they would feel better soon (oh they will, they'll be back to school, next year). 

Christmas break starts today.  Today is a half day at school, and guess what?  My sons are STILL home with a fever, which means they missed Polar Express day at school.  Sooo they are laying around the living room in PJ's with blankets, and watching the Polar Express just like they would be at school.  Only difference?  At home they can get their fevers checked and pumped with Ibuprofen when needed to bring down the fevers! It's like the fever that NEVER ends! It ranges in how high, from 103 to 100 but it's still there, and it's annoying. 


I figure SURELY by the time Christmas gets here they will be better. 

Now, pardon me I have to go hack up a lung and blow my brain out through my nose. 

Mom Circus