However, I wasn't counting for the flu to reek havoc on my home for the past two weeks. We've had all of the illnesses going around town, in a two week period. Lovely. Thanks a lot. So it's been a bit difficult to focus and find some projects I'm energetic enough to create!
I usually go to Pinterest or some Facebook crafty group. However I didn't do that this year. Now the crafty stuff I have been making, I'm sure is NOT a 'new' concept and I'm 100% sure you CAN go to Pinterest or some crafty Facebook page and FIND these exact items. This is just my take on the crafty stuff.
For my sons we signed up to do a game in the classroom. Fun finding something that a bunch of kindergartner can understand and also not get bored with.
For my first son, I decided to go with Snowman bowl, or "Snow bowl". I *DO* remember seeing this idea somewhere floating around Facebook, but if I remember correctly they were using Styrofoam cups, and well...we all should know how well Styrofoam holds up to 5 year olds. Not very well.
Supplies:
- White plastic bottles (clean with lids on tight) Ours were some old Ensure bottles a neighbor happened to have).
- Yarn or felt for the scarves
- Permanent marker(s) I used black but you can use other colors.
- Pipe cleaner (orange) for the 'carrot noses' on your snow men
- Pom Pom balls of your choosing (size and color up to you, I used red because it's what I used)
- Bells (optional) I used some mini bells because it's what I had on hand, and I wanted the snow men to make nose when they got knocked over).
- White yarn (I used some I had on hand and it was very fine white yarn and took FOREVER to roll into a ball big enough to use in 'bowling'.
- Hot glue gun
- Clean and dry the bottles inside and out and make sure the lids are on SUPER tight.
- If you want, you can add a little weight to the bottles to maybe make them a little more difficult to knock over, use dry rice or dry beans. I did not do this step.
- After the bottles were nice and dry I took my marker and drew on the eyes, mouth, and buttons and arms (down the side)
- I then took some yarn I had and tied it around the 'neck' of the snowman to be a scarf. Felt strips or fabric scraps would work just as well, I just didn't want to go digging through all of my stuff for that and just used the yarn.
- I took a scrap of orange pipe cleaner and cut it into little bits and hot glued them on for the nose.
- I then glued a little red pom pom ball on top for the top of the 'stocking cap'.
- I then glued a little bell onto the top of the pom pom ball as well.
- I took the skein of yarn and rolled it into a big ball large enough to knock the bottles over bit small enough the kids can easily hang on to it.




Mom Circus (Can't wait to see the kids having fun with this game!)
Also See:
Christmas Craft -- Reindeer Ornament
Christmas Craft -- Stocking Hat Ornament
Christmas Craft -- Candy Cane Ornament
Also See:
Christmas Craft -- Reindeer Ornament
Christmas Craft -- Stocking Hat Ornament
Christmas Craft -- Candy Cane Ornament
