Anyway, our Elf has been a busy little turd. We don't have a "traditional" Elf on the Shelf like most people have. I'm a cheap skate and was NOT going to fork over all that dough for that doll. I re crafted a Christmas decoration we bought way back when my husband and I first moved out on our own and started buying our own decorations. He hung around in our stuff over the years, and a few years ago as I was rummaging through I decided I was going to use him as our Elf on the Shelf.
His name is Toffee. He's a reindeer. He, is awesome. The kids love him. Our wooden nut cracker, not so much.
So here is what Toffee (the littlest reindeer, who is the youngest brother to Rudolph) has been up to at our home this year.
![]() |
| Toffee was a bit late getting to our house this year, he uh...got held up in a snow storm in New York (that's his story and he's stickin' with it!! He did NOT get lost in the closet, I promise!) Oh and the 'faux fire place' I made this year as something fun for the kids since we don't have a fire place, nor do we have room for a real one (one of those electric ones). So I just grabbed a BIG card board box and made a pretend one. The kids love it, and the pets love to sleep in it. |
![]() |
| Toffee had to test out our new 7.5 foot tall Christmas tree, so he climbed it like a mountain. |
![]() |
| Mr. Nut Cracker is Toffee's Christmas Nemesis, the two of them have NEVER gotten along. Ever. This year, Mr.Nut Cracker tied Toffee up and held Thomas the Train hostage, and made Gingy from Shrek help him run Toffee down with the train. Luckily, some how Toffee escaped to live to the next day! |
![]() |
| We are HUGE Jurassic park fans in this house, and we recently watched the trailer for the NEW Jurassic park movie that is coming out, and so I set this up as a little fling to that. The kids got this one INSTANTLY. |
![]() |
| This day was just hilarious. It was a Saturday morning, and they woke up and couldn't understand why Toffee was sitting on the couch next to the mirror. They weren't getting close enough to see their own noses. They walked around with red noses for a good 10 minutes before one of them finally asked why their brother had a red nose. Which then they all questioned why they had a red nose. They were confused. So I casually asked them to all go look in the mirror that Toffee had, and they did. They still didn't get it. I asked them what Toffee was DOING over there and they said holding a marker. I asked them what color, they said red. I asked them what color their noses were and they said red. Then silence. A few minutes later...they made the connection. I think I should have offered them some coffee that morning, hahaha. |




![]() |
| He wrapped our tree in toilet paper |
![]() |
| And himself....and even was an elf on the shelf too. |
![]() |
| Bathing in Marshmallows! |

![]() |
| Things were going GREAT until this particular night. Toffee took Barbie on a date on Mr. folded bath towels on the coffee table, and they watched a movie. Too bad I forgot to move him for like...a day...MAYBE two....(yeh I admit it I folded my towels and left'em on the coffee table, at least they were clean, and folded Mmm k?) |
![]() |
| My daughter lost it when she caught Toffee in her bedroom on her dressing taking her horse out for a ride. |
![]() |
| My sons found it comical that Toffee and Big Foot were arm wrestling and they were cheering for Toffee to win (and he did) |

![]() |
| Toffee challenged Mr. Nut Cracker (his Christmas time Nemesis) to a 'friendly' game of Candy Land. Mom Circus |












