Monday, December 15, 2014

Mom Lights Are On, But No One Is Home

That's the way I feel today.  The mom lights are on, but no one is home.  Ok so well, that's been the basis of my days the past week.  I'm slumpy.  I'm tired.  I am T I R E D.  I just want to curl up, snuggle up, and sleep and catch up with every bit of lost sleep I've ever had since deciding to become a parent.  LOVE being a Mommy, LOVE my kids don't regret it for one second, but whew, not gonna lie, I am  tired.  I knew I'd be tired though, but knowing and feeling it are two different things, ha!

Halloween is literally like just around the corner, and I've been busy doing activities with the kids that we do every single year.  Our little family traditions.  I really love these little fun activities so I am making time to squeeze them in around home work, and making supper.  I am SO happy that today is Friday.  I let the kids eat microwave able mac and cheese for supper, I let them play outside until it was getting too dark to see, and I let them have some candy BEFORE supper, and they had friends over, and they stayed up WAAAAY past their bedtime (my sad attempt at PRAYING they will sleep in tomorrow morning, but they probably won't, hey, I tried though). 

Tonight we carved pumpkins in the back yard.  Usually we carve them around the dining room table, but I didn't want to deal with the mess so we did it outside and the kids had fun.  Though, they take something soooo simple and can turn it into the most stressful scenario EVER.  That part isn't so fun, but in the end we're always laughing and giggling and throwing pumpkin guts in each others hair and wiping our slimy hands on each other. Lots of photos and good memories!



It was even more fun because kids from the neighborhood came over and helped us carve pumpkins too! They even helped us jump in leaves previously in the week which is always more enjoyable when you jump in leaves with friends.

(So this was an unfinished blog from around Halloween, so I figured I'd finish it now...since it's like a couple weeks before Christmas, so pardon me playing "catch up") 
 
We can't forget the gory OGRE FOOT MEAT LOAF that I made for the kids! That was a HUGE HIT at our house! Yummy, gross looking awesome.

 
We had a pretty enjoyable Halloween.  It would have been MORE enjoyable if my Mother in law (whom we have HUGE issues with) hadn't screwed things up, like she always does.  I swear this woman THRIVES on making her grandchildren sad.  She's an atrocious woman. 
 
Anyway, that aside...our Halloween time was good!
 
The night before Halloween our community hosted a Trick or Treat Trail so we did that and we had a great time.  The night of Halloween we did trick or treating in a neighborhood behind ours (no one in our neighborhood actually hands out candy).  It was a little chilly that night, so the kids had to be bundled up, but it wasn't awful.  We ended our Halloween with a bunch of corn dogs from a local restaurants Halloween deal they had going on that night.  So the kids went to bed stuffed with corn dogs and candy, nothing wrong with that, right?  One night out of the year.  Thankfully that is not a DAILY thing!




My kids all ready for school the day before Halloween
My daughter's spider hair for school :)


So an October time recap. 
 
  • Carving pumpkins
  • I was still recovering from my surgery in September to have my appendix removed.
  • I turned 30
  • My husband and I celebrated 8 years of marriage
  • We had a pretty good Halloween (we were a family of pirates, and we had a blast at a local Halloween party)
  • Fun times trick or treating.
  • Fun times raking leaves and jumping in them with neighbor kids, it was a messy leafy blast!
  • My sons went on their first ever Kindergarten field trip.

Mom Circus