My daughter and I attended her Girl Scout troop Christmas party, of which I co lead with another mom. The girls had a fantastic time at the party, and the girls were even surprised with a visit from Santa Clause.
We had all been told originally there would be NO Santa, as the Santa house wasn't open on Monday's (which is right behind the building we were in).
So when I looked to my left while cheering on my group of kids during our game stations, and what do my wondering eyes did I see? But Santa, and one jolly elf. My jaw. Hit. The ground.
Santa came in the building with a big "HO HO HO MEERRY CHRISTMAS!" Of course, none of us knew WHO this guy was, or what he wanted. Thankfully, he was not some weird lunatic running around town, but a very kind gentleman who actually does volunteer at the Santa house, and knew that the Girl Scouts were having their Christmas party tonight and wanted to surprise them. We were all pleasantly surprised and the girls had a great time seeing Santa. I love it when people go our of their way to do something kind for others on Christmas, it makes the whole holiday even more special and cheerful for everyone.

We've been on the receiving end of a LOT of holiday kindness this year and I'm floored with the love and kindness, so many great people that we know (and some we don't know at all, or very well). We find ourselves constantly trying to pay it forward to someone else however we can. Thankfully I am married to possibly the most kind hearted man I've ever met. He would literally give you the shirt off of his very back if he thought that you needed it. I'll admit...some times, it has gotten on my nerves, but at the same time? I'm so happy to be married to someone who is so kind to others and wants to help those who are struggling, even if we happen to be going through a struggle ourselves. Nothing wrong with that.
It has rubbed off on my daughter, the being kind to others (which is a good thing!) She sees my husband and I help others whenever we can, however we can at that moment, even small things. She's been involved in the volunteer work I LOVE to do. Growing up I was always involved in my tiny little community somehow.
Helping to build our little community park when I was 8, throwing community Halloween parties by the time I was 13, and helping with the community Christmas parties, and gathering the kids together to go caroling or all of us pitch in to buy our bus driver a gift for Christmas. Piano playing for my Church, I was the assistant stage manager for a fundraiser for our local hospital one year (I loved that BTW, it was awesome). I even worked as a reception/secretary at our local community center for a summer, and that was by far my absolutely FAVORITE job ever.
I love working with people, helping in anyway that I can. I want to be involved in my community helping, feeling like I am making a difference and I want my children to be involved in that as well. (My sons are still trying to grasp that idea, their sister figured it out a lot younger than they have, but I know my sons will get there!)
This weekend I volunteered to photograph a fundraiser for a local dog rescue here in town that I volunteer with. I get to work with an amazing group of people who do so much for dogs in need, so I was honored to get to do pet photos with Santa this year! How fun that was!
![]() |
| Just a small portion of the great people I get to work with (can you guess which one is me? No, I'm not the one in the Santa suite, but I was having a really bad hair day that day, yep it's me in the gray shirt). |
![]() |
| Santa #1 did a fantastic job as Santa, he's a hard worker that does a lot for the rescue group. |
![]() |
| My little foster pup, Pookie sitting on Santa's lap, she wanted to stay with Santa and kept trying to photo bomb all of the other dogs. |
![]() |
| Pookie and Little Bit two little dogs just looking for their Fur Ever home (hence the name of the photography stuff I do "Fur Ever Yours Photography", go find me on Facebook) |
![]() |
| When Santa #1 had to leave for work, Santa #2 stepped and did a fantastic job as well! Thank you for stepping in, we thought our Christmas goose was cooked when Santa #1 had to leave for work early! |
Currently the kids and I are working on a little gift for our neighbors that we'll be handing out, hopefully tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, and I think the kids are too! Never to soon to spread love and kindness to those around you. The world needs more of that.
Mom Circus





