Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Craft -- Candy Cane Ornament

After we made the Reindeer Ornaments for my daughter's class, and created the Snow Bowl for a game in my sons class, I sat about making ornaments for my other kiddos.  As I dug through my craft stuff I came across a lot of red, and a lot of white pipe cleaners, and my next ornament idea came to be. 
 
SUPER easy.  Each pipe cleaner, makes two candy cane ornaments!
 
Supplies:
  1. Red pipe cleaners (we used the big long ones so you can cut them in half to make two)
  2. White pipe cleaners (again we used the big long ones)
  3. Yarn
  4. Scissors
  5. *Note, you can add a bell, ribbon, button, etc to the candy cane to dress it up a little but my son decided he just wanted plain candy canes, you could also used colored candy canes to make the fruity colored candy canes. 

Directions:
  1. First I folded each red pipe cleaner in half and cut it,
  2. I did the same with the white ones too
  3. Next I put one red and one white pipe cleaner together.
  4. I folded down the sharp ends on the top so no one would get stabbed with it.
  5. Next I twisted the two colors together to give that candy cane 'stripe' look.     
  6. After that I bent the top of the pipe cleaners to look like the hook of the candy cane.                          
  7. Last, I cut some yarn and fixed it to the top of the candy cane to make it into a hangar for the tree.
 
I think the kids will enjoy their Candy Cane ornaments! They were easy to make and it made several of them!


Mom Circus

Also see:
Christmas Craft -- Stocking Hat