Sunday, October 28, 2012

Shattered Glass and Felt Feathers

Well tonight was an interesting night! While making home made lassanga for supper there was the most awful sound of shattering  glass in my dining room.  It made ALL of us jump, and I'm very thankful none of my kids were in the dining room at the time of said incident.  I thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest.  First words out of my mouth?  Was asking my husband what he did.  Nice huh?

The husband was busy bolting out the back door yelling something about how the neighbor kid just threw something at our window.  I was like...what?

Apparently, the neighbor girl had a friend over (they are like maybe 7-9 years old) and they were playing baseball with a soccer ball and a wooden croquet club, so I'm not 100% sure which item it was that went crashing into our window, but one of the two items hit.


The little boy was the one who did it too.  He immediately ran into the house yelling for his mom telling her what he did and they came outside just in time to see my husband busting out the back door with a very NOT happy look on his face.

The poor kid took one look at my husband's very unhappy face and just BURST into tears.  I felt so bad for the boy, that even though I was still irritated, I still wanted to give the kid a hug.  He was afraid my husband was going to paddle him! (My husband can't even spank his OWN kids he certainly isn't going to spank someone else's! Who allows that even?  I know I'd be LIVID if another parent spanked MY kid).  Anyway, the poor kid (the girl was very upset too because she knew she was another guilty party).  We just informed them that we would be sending a message to the land lord and informing them of how and who broke the window.  (Message already sent upon seconds of finding out what happened still haven't heard back yet). 

So now I have a broken dining room window, but atleast it didn't shatter all of the window, just the top portion of the storm window, it did not break the inside window so that is a relief now I don't have to worry about a ton of cold air coming through the window tonight, which is good considering we're still waiting for the land lord to send someone over to fix the HEAT too! Thank goodness for space heaters or we'd be a very chilly little family right about now.  I'm not suprised the furnace is acting up, the central air gave us fits ALL summer long and we spent a huge portion of it without AC which made for a VERY pissy mom.  Keegan and Marshall cannot tolerate the heat or cold.  Keegan struggles to cool himself down or warm himself up thanks to his cancer, and Marshall can face seizures should his body become stressed by being too hot or too cold.   Which is why we HAVE to live in a house with central heating and cooling so we can keep the boys at a good temp.  They haven't done so hot making sure the central heating cooling works properly and its getting old really fast.  I can already tell them the furnace needs a new thermostat and a new blower, but they won't listen to me, at all, ever.  So yeh no...we suffer in the process waiting for them to pull their heads out of their butts. 

So that was an interesting evening.  Also while dealing with the broken window I over boiled my noodles for my lassanga so I had a couple of scorched noodles (boo!)  that was a bummer, but the lassanga was still really super yummy!

I spent a good chunk of my afternoon working on my niece's owl halloween costume, it's looking pretty good, I just need to hot glue all the little feather pieces on and then make the head piece.  Still trying to exactly figure out the best way to make the head piece.
When she puts it on it's like a poncho and she just wears a lavendar or green
sleeper underneath it to keep her warm and she'll have the little hat to go with it.
Simple, but affective Halloween costume for a 3 month old. Now to glue
all of those blasted little feathers on....
I had just given my children baths and got them in their jammies teeth brushed, kisses and hugs good night and the whole usual bedtime routine, and was just going back in to check on them to make sure the boys weren't playing.  Marshall was acting suspicious.  So I pulled back his covers....to find him covered in what I originally thought was MARKER.  So I asked him to get out of bed and go into the living room so I could clean him up.  Found out it's an ink pen they snuck into the bedroom from my desk and they broke it and got ink everywhere.  I'm glad I found out he was covered in ink before I got him up for school in the morning! It was much easier to clean off after only a couple of minutes of sitting on his skin.
He was quite proud of himself lol

Buuusted! Caught...INK handed

Finally dug out the kids winter coats and got them tossed in the water to get any dust off.  It's starting to be only in the 50's now and the kids need something heavier than just a little wind breaker or hoodie, especially of a morning when they are getting on the bus (even though they only have to walk a few steps to get on and off the bus) 

Anyone else feel like burying their heads in the sand until this election is over?  I'm sooo over politics.  I know I am NOT voting for Romney, guy just gives me bad vibes.  He doesn't look like a good person and I don't agree with a lot of the stuff he says.  Nor am I much of a fan of Obama either. I'm kind of in a bind on who to vote for, so my vote will probably go to some third party candidate, atleast I'm VOTING.  Which is a lot more than some people can say.

Thinking about my friends living on the East coast and hoping they are all staying safe in the path of Hurricane Sandy.  So glad we don't have hurricanes here in the mid west! Just tornadoes....atleast for a hurricane they have days advanced notice, here we have a few seconds, a couple of minutes if we're lucky to run for cover.  Though if you pay attention to the weather a few days in advance you can kind of tell when bad weather is expected and be prepared, but you still have to be able to get to safety.

The kids got to watch a little motorcycle parade today that went past our house.  A friends husband rode his motorcycle in it and she gave me the heads up that they would be coming by our place on part of their route.  So the kids and I quickly got ready and headed out to see the event! They really love motorcycles and so they were thrilled to see the nearly 1000 motorcycles that went past.  They were doing a toy drive where they collected toys for the Toys for Tots Christmas program.  My kids were VERY excited to see Santa on a Harley at the front of all the motorcycles.  They thought that was pretty darn cool.

It's now time for me to go to bed, I'm tired of going to bed so late! It's my own fault though!

Goodnight,
Mae