Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Candy Corn Uniform

So tonight while I was getting the kids stuff together  for school tomorrow morning I could not find Kam's Halloween shirt anywhere.  Very.  Frustrating.  Had the boys' Halloween stuff all ready, but Kams stuff?  Completely MIA, and we had just used it a few days ago!

So I grabbed her candy corn leggings that went with the shirt she was supposed to be wearing that we couldn't find, and I  grabbed an old deniml jumper, and a long sleeved black shirt, and some yellow, orange and white felt.

I cut out a candy corn pattern and cut up my candy corn pieces! Hot glued them to the jumper (yeh I know cheesey normally I would have sewn them on but I was in a bit of a time crunch so I just hot glued them on). 

I then made a hair bow to match, and tada a completed outfit.

Completed look

Just hopefully it looks better on her, than it does hanging on the hanger?

A closer look at the hair bow

And a closer look at the applique-ish candy corn.
Will get a photo of my daughter in it in the morning before
she goes to school.

So here are photos of Kams in her outfit, as promised! She was being a little cheeseball this morning because she was so excited to get to school so she could hand out her little Halloween treats, and then come home later today and put on her Halloween costume and go get CAAANDY!! Plus their Grandma is coming today and they are soooo excited! I am too because that means Faith gets to try on her OWL costume I made! (Oh yes there WILL be photos! I cannot wait!!!)




 
Anyway, here are also some photos of the kids all in their Halloween themed out fits for school this morning. 
 Marshall, my little cheese ball. 
 Keegan my little silly boy!
 Kams grinning her cheese corn ball grin, Marshall pouting because Keegan accidentally smashed his finger, and Keegan looking at Marshall like Ooops, sorry!
Just LOOK at Marshall's pouty face! Where's a rooster when you need one
You've heard that expression sticking that lip out so much a rooster (or elephant or pigeon) could roost on it.
I use that one a LOT with Marshall, he's my pouter.
 
Now I have to go put the finishing touches on the Fancy Nancy costume for Kamilah!
 
 

Mae