So today spent time working on my niece's Halloween costume. The body part is finished, now I need to finish up the head piece, and I'll work on that tomorrow trying to decide exactly how I want to go about fixing the head piece.
- I just took a fleece baby blanket that used to belong to the boys.
- I had to trim it down to turn it into a perfect square, as I got to looking at it I decided it was still a bit too big so I trimmed it down some more.
- I then took scraps left over from the blanket, and some felt that I had a lot of and I cut out triangular shaped pieces to be feathers.
- I also cut a small whole in the center of the blanket for Faith's head to go through.
- I laid the fabric down and arranged the "feathers" one row at a time
- and hot glued them down to create the pattern you see. It isn't difficult to make, but cutting out and gluing the feathers are the most time consuming part.
The head piece is made in a very similar fashion, only I glued the "feathers" to a head band and glued them in a pyramid pattern. Cut out a couple of white felt circles for the eyes, and black foam dots for the centers of the eyes, and a green fleece triangle for the owl beak.
![]() |
| Sorry the lighting in my dining room wasn't the greatest this afternoon. |
Still need to get a few things for my daughters Fancy Nancy costume, and dig out the boys' thermal jammies to go under their costumes to make sure they are super warm on Halloween night. I think I'm going to let the boys wear their rain boots with their costumes.
Still haven't made the dogs costumes yet, might want to get on that tomorrow too.
Our busted out dining room window (courtesy of the neighbors friend) was fixed today, and our heat is SUPPOSEDLY fixed (we'll see) not so sure I'm a believer it is fixed. We've had so many freaking issues with our furnace this year that I'm doubting it is fixed.
Hung up blinds in my dining room. Fun times.
Cleaned up house a bit. Always a fun and enjoyable task.
And now have to help the kids with their Halloween Treats for school on Wednesday.
Mae


