
It wasn't a spectacularly amazing day. Nothing too fantastical happened, other than the fact I have amazing children. Which that is pretty fantastical.
Those little sweeties sang me happy birthday around my birthday cake that night, and that morning they drew me birthday cards and smothered me in the best hugs and kisses ever, and they all cooperated really well getting ready for school (I think that was probably the best gift of all).
For supper I made home made ravioli, garlic bread, and spinach (believe it or not, my kids will devour spinach like it's ice cream, ESPECIALLY my daughter!!) So yay me!
I spent the rest of my birthday cleaning house, doing laundry, and the kicker....I SCRUBBED OUT MY FRIDGE! Don't ask when the last time was I cleaned it. I have no idea. All I know...is it was looking pretty scary in there. So it was emptied out, and bleached out and WOW looks like a whole new fridge. I hate cleaning the fridge, it's boring, and takes up so much time, and it NEVER EVER stays clean and I seem to be the ONLY person that ever sees any of the mess. Oh well, at least it is clean and pretty now! Threw out a whole bunch of junk that was in the fridge, now I'm like...wow...it's time to go grocery shopping it's looking bare in there! The kids cannot live on ketchup, mustard, chocolate syrup (though they might try), a few eggs, half a jug of milk, a stick of butter, and half a cube of cream cheese, as well as a few other condiments, and some cheese sticks and a few pieces of bologna, oh and a bag of grapes. As well as a storage container of left over ham and beans. Not a lot going on in there fridge! Good thing I am planning on grocery shopping Saturday, ha!
Everyone keeps asking me "What's it like to be thirty now?"
Uhhm. I dunno. I just turned 30. Right now it is the same as being 29 or 28 or even 27. I still have the same ol' aches and pains. I'm still tired. I still have to clean house, and get kids ready for school. I still have some gray hairs (ok multiple...lots of gray hairs). I'm still drinking coffee (though not as much).
ONE thing that is different? I'm missing an organ now. My appendix ditched me last month for my husband's birthday (Happy Birthday hubby, here I love you SOOO MUCH here's my appendix, it's all yours....). Darn thing made it 30 years (ok one month SHY of 30 years, and then the jerk ditched me like I was nothing. How insulting. Especially after the 5 or so emergency trips to the ER my Mother did when I was a child and teenager because we swore up and down my appendix was about ready to BURST because I was in sooooo much pain. I guess my appendix was just doing practice runs at those times, who knows. So yeh, after 30 years I am minus a useless organ.
I think I may also have my first kidney stone too. That. Sucks. I'm soooo over that let me tell ya! NOT a fun time.
Other wise 30 is same ol' same ol', however I DO have a whole year to change my mind on that though! Dear thirties, please be gentle on me. Please? I can't fall apart just yet.
Speaking of falling apart, I feel like I might fall apart after today! My sons had their first ever field trip. We went to the same pumpkin patch that we went to last year with my daughter. Only this year....it was sooooo freaking muddy it was ridiculous! At least the weather was nice though, other than the mud it was a perfect day to go to a pumpkin patch and petting zoo. My sons came home EXHAUSTED and muddy. So did the husband and I. I wish we would have been able to squeeze in a nap before the kids got home, but alas that did not happen.
We only *almost* misplaced one kid, he just wanted to stay in the hay maze a LITTLE longer. Silly kid.
My husband also managed to step in an even patch of ground and twist his knee (don't worry he's ok, but he had to sit down for a few minutes). With all the rain, the ground was a bit uneven, and he went to corral our sons and get them back in line, and failed to watch his footing...and in an even spot he stepped and twisted his knee.


The boys brought home two little pumpkins, and a beautiful sunflower that is sitting in a vase right now.


It was a really lovely time with the boys! We had fun. We ended up putting the boys together in one class for the field trip. I forgot to grab my back up camera to hand to the husband so he could walk with one son and his class, and I could walk with the other son and his class. So there would have been zero photos of my other son on his field trip, because of COURSE the two classes went two separate directions and we didn't see each other until lunch. So I'm glad we kept the boys together. Generally I'm against forcing my twins to be together (because they are trouble when together, always fighting, and poking each other and irritating each other, and causing havoc). Ha! The teacher and her helpers today saw exactly why I don't want my sons in the same class in school (you'd be surprised how many people ask me if my sons are in the same class at school, and they seem shocked when I tell them no! Like twins aren't capable of doing something without the other one, like they HAVE to have the other twin around or they aren't a "whole" person.) Guess what? My sons...they MAY share a birthday, they MAY have shared my womb, but they do NOT depend on each other. They are fully independent of each other. They don't require something just because the other one has it. They are just fine doing their own things, but they CAN be together and do things too. They can play together or apart, they are each good at their own thing, and we encourage them to always do their best whether together or apart. Twins doesn't mean ONE person living in two separate bodies.
![]() |
| They've always been my little "sunshines" now they are my little sun flowers! |
![]() |
| My husband. The scare crow. I promise I will make NO "Wizard of OZ" reference.... |
![]() |
| My husband ran over to this cut out and Son Circus #1 had to come over too! |
![]() |
| My sons sitting together willingly WANTING me to take their picture! |
![]() |
| My baby scare crows! Ook they aren't babies anymore, they are growing up way too much! |
![]() |
| LOVE this picture of my husband and our boys. They love their big ol' luggable huggable Dad and he adores them! |
![]() |
| HORRIBLE photo of me, but this photo is my favorite anyway. I love it! I don't get many photos of me with my husband and kids. |
My daughter felt a little left out today because my husband and I went on the field trip with her brothers. So tonight at bedtime I gave her some extra snuggles, which upset Son Circus #1. Even though he snuggled with me a BUNCH when he got home from his field trip because he was so tired. We all snuggled up on the couch and watched some movies on Netflix. Was a lovely evening!
However, my body is now "feeling 30" (hahaha) and it's begging to go to bed, so go to bed I must! Goood night!
Mom Circus







