
Lots of people love Christmas, many love summer. I for one get excited at just the IDEA of fall coming. I love everything about fall. The rain, the leaves changing coloring and the trees shedding all over my yard. I love raking the leaves up into a big ol' huge pile with my kids and then 1-2-3 we all jump in and make a HUGE mess and get leaves in our hair, in our clothes and everywhere and then have to rake them up all over again.
BEST. TIMES. EVER!!
Oh and then we all go inside and drink hot apple cider and eat pop corn and watch our favorite fall time movies (and by fall time I mean anything even REMOTELY Halloween-y).
This year the kids have watched a FEW of my favorites, like "Ernest Scared Stupid" oh how I love that movie! It was great watching that with the kids. We also watched the Adams Family, which is always a favorite. We'll be busting out "Monster House", "Hocus Pocus" and "Para Norman" soon enough!
Daughter Circus is going to be having a sleep over soon, and we've decided a Halloween themed sleep over will just be a BLAST! The girls can come dressed in a little costume, and we'll watched some KID friendly 'scary' movies (like the ones mentioned above). Or even just watch some Monster High (FYI I'm not a HUGE fan of Monster High, but will be willing to 'bend' a little and compromise for ONE night). For breakfast we're thinking a Halloween inspired pancake bar at our buffet in the dining room. With pancakes and (guilty to say it) all kinds of fun toppings to put on the pancakes (you know...chocolate chips...some sprinkles, raisins, and whatever else we can think of that might be fun to have on or in a pancake). My daughter wants to serve popcorn and apple cider at her sleep over, and they want to make their own pizza's for supper. I think that sounds like a pretty nice sleep over for a gaggle of 7 year old girls!
September was kind of a rough month, I mean it started out well enough, but by the time we hit the half way point of the month, it got a little rough!
My husband's birthday was the 15th of September (the BIG 30!) the guy had to work, bummer. However he did so happily because well, when you gotta work, you gotta work. He knew I wasn't feeling well and he did feel guilty leaving me home with the kids even though I had been on the couch all day feeling unwell and sick to my stomach and having bad stomach pains. The weekend before, we had gone out and done a few things even though I was feeling pretty crummy at the time. I still took the kids out to a Family Fun Day that was at the park to mark the opening of a "children's trail" at the local park. Later we went to a big car show in town that was for my husband's birthday, because he loves car shows. We had a fun time there too.
![]() |
| The kids really enjoyed their day! Snacks and games at the park just a couple hours earlier, and then over to a big ol car show, and of course the ice cream truck was there, so they got ice cream, and the Scooby Doo car was at the car show, which always hands out free candy to all of the kids. So yeh, this are happy kids (minus the sun in their eyes...) |
![]() |
| Coolest Scooby Car ever. |
By the time my kids were in bed for the night I couldn't handle the pain any longer!! I decided to go to the local ER because these tummy pains were NOT normal for me. So a neighbor came over and sat with the kids (bless her heart I'm so glad she's a wonderful friend), and my mother in law drove me to the ER and dropped me off. My husband didn't have a clue what was going on, as he was at work, on his birthday.
Turns out...after a CT scan and being pumped full of pain meds and two types of STRONG antibiotics....that I had APPENDACITIS! Soo our small hospital didn't have any surgeons on call so I was plopped on an ambulance and sent 35mi a way to another bigger hospital (a university hospital) to have emergency appendicitis surgery. I got down there at about one in the morning. Finally had gotten ahold of my husband before I was transferred to let him know what was going on. Gosh I felt so awful. I felt bad for "ruining" my husband's birthday by being sick all day, and then ending up in the ER and needing surgery. Even though it isn't exactly anything we could control. Things happen after all.
So since it was the middle of the night, obviously the husband couldn't make it down, as he needed to be home with the kids, which I what he did.
I ended up in surgery by five in the morning on the 16th of September. Good times. Good times.
I have had two C sections and I am far from a weenie when it comes to pain. I was back to work 3 weeks after my first C section. I was up moving around and walking around at a parade 9 days after my first c section and after my second c section I was unloading boxes and putting stuff away right after moving into our home at that time. Plus chasing a toddler and caring for newborn twins. I can push through some pain!
The appendix surgery was considered "out patient" they did it laproscopically with just the three little incisions. WORST. Pain ever. I've been miserable for two weeks now. Dealing with all kinds of odd pains. Bending over is dang near crippling! For the longest time I couldn't even SIT because it hurt too bad. Now I can at least sit down with little to no pain. It's sad because I am in more pain NOW than what I was BEFORE I had the darn surgery. Irritated with my appendix. They made it ALMOST 30 years with me before they COMPLETELY bailed on me. I mean, really? Where's the LOYALTY here?! I housed you and kept your useless appendix butt safe, and then you are going to repay me by causing me pain and threatening to burst on me which could have killed me?? Ungrateful appendix. Should have ditched you years ago.
So anyway, I got home the same day I had the surgery (later in the evening around 8pm). The kids were just getting ready to go to bed. I gave them all hugs and kisses. I lived on the couch for the first week. Got tired of that and made a bee line for my bed room for the 2nd week! I'm able to drive a LOT easier now, and am able to do MOST of my household duties. Bending over to pick things up is still difficult. I never realized just exactly how much bending over I did in a day until it was torture to do so! I'll be so glad when I'm back to being 100% ME! My house was starting to fall apart and into utter chaos for awhile!! The mother in law tried, but then she got sick herself and ended up in the hospital for 4 days here just recently (she's back home now...).
Unfortunately, my surgery meant that my daughters 7th birthday wasn't exactly as planned. Her birthday was the 19th just a few days after my surgery, and that following weekend I had planned on having her party. It did NOT happen. She was a fairly upset little girl, but she seemed to understand for the most part that Mommy just did NOT feel good and was really hurting and that Daddy couldn't make her party as amazing as Mommy could. (totally the truth).
So a week later we had her party. It was actually pretty awesome and worked out perfectly. We had her party outside (which we haven't done since her first birthday). We had OVER 30 children in attendance!!! You know it's an awesome party when they leave you with absolutely NO left overs of anything. It was all GONE. They all had fun, and that's what we wanted was a bunch of happy kids, and a VERY Happy Birthday girl. We were all exhausted after the party, but we weren't done with our day yet! We ended our day with spaghetti at our Church's annual spaghetti dinner (delicious). Great way to wrap up the evening, right? Wrong. Husband surprised the kids by going to the Movie rental place here in town and picking up a few of their favorite movies. We ended our day with hot apple cider, pop corn, and of course, movies. I don't think my daughter could have smiled any more that day. I think that smile was plastered to her face the whole next day too!
![]() |
| Daughter Circus getting dizzified by her Daddy, for some PIN THE HAIR BOW on a very (poorly) drawn Hello Kitty (drawn by yours truly. That poor cat looked SAD but it worked for the game darn it!) My husband's favorite part is getting to spin the kids around and confusing them for things like pin the tail on whatever it is, or for beating the heck out of a piñata. |
![]() |
| My daughter had already gotten her big present (a new bike) in August, so for her birthday party, we had just been picking up anything that was Hello Kitty when ever we saw it and tossing it into a big Hello Kitty gift bag for her party. The last thing I picked up was a Hello Kitty purse and matching wallet that I actually scored on clearance, for a total of $9). She LOVED it!! I did good. And then Daddy hands her money to go in it, and poof he totally out did me, haha, jerk. She had numerous other Hello Kitty themed items in that bag too. There was a really cool Hello Kitty clock, some HK art stuff, HK bubbles, BK Pez stuff, and all kinds of other things. Incase you didn't catch it, the theme of her party was Hello Kitty. |
![]() |
| Aw yes this adorable Hello Kitty was also something we had crammed into her gift bag! We got lucky and scored this on clearance earlier in the year as well, for a whopping $11 when it was a lot more than that. LOL I love shopping ahead for holidays and birthdays. |
![]() |
| My GORGEOUS baby sister and my HANDSOME nephew were able to grace us with their presence at my daughters party this year. It was so great to see them!! I tell you, that nephew of mine gets more handsome every time I see him! Oh, and my little sister is making me an aunt AGAIN! Yep, my nephew is going to be a big brother come the first part of April. |
![]() |
| Generally I make their birthday cakes, I love making their cakes. However I am so glad my daughter actually requested a store bought cake this year. There is NO way I would have felt up to making her cake this year because of my surgery. Although, I'm glad we bought extra cup cakes because this little cake would NOT have been enough, ha! |
![]() |
| Cake time! |
![]() |
| Birthday girl with her Grandpa D. He is her favorite person ever. She enjoys being Grandpa's girl. She's had him wrapped around her finger since she was born. She was so excited "Paw paw" got to make it to her party! He lives several hours away so he doesn't usually get to come, so this year she was thrilled! Below you will see several of my daughters BIRTHDAY photos! Daughter Circus and I had a fantastic time going out and doing her birthday photos the weekend before her birthday (the weekend I ended up getting sick not knowing it was my appendix giving me a fit). ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I was informed I had text book appendicitis, accept...on where my appendix was LOCATED. Most NORMAL people have their appendix on the side. Oh no. Not me. Nope. I'm an ODD BALL and my appendix? Was RIGHT behind my belly button. I mean, really? Why? What's up with that? The doctors said it's rare, but not unheard of. Hey, Hey, go me, I'm an odd one, ha!
October is here now, and there is less than 2 weeks until I turn the big 3-0. Kind of a big deal, right? Ok so I guess not REALLY, but to me it is. Since I "ruined" the husband's birthday by being ill that day, I decided we're going to have a little birthday party for ourselves. So I'm planning a little shindig for he and I later this month. Nothing too major. Just a bon fire in the back yard after the kids go to bed, and a couple of our closest friends over. We'll have a couple of drinks and of course a cake. (NOT big fans of drinking and it's something we rarely if ever do, but I figured turning 30 deserved at least ONE drink of the lamest wine cooler ever or whatever).
So since my favorite time of the year is here, FALL. Here's what we have going on. Not a whole lot, ha! So far anyway. We've been attempting to not float away or blow away the past couple of days! We've been dealing with storms for the past two days. I actually LOVE the weather. I love the rain and chilly weather, makes me happy! I love the sound of the rain, whoosh of the wind, and rumble of the thunder. However, once it dries up a bit we do have a few things planned.
Later on this month the community is going to have a Mother/Son rocket launch and I think the boys and I will check that out. Plus Home coming is next week so that is something I always enjoy! Can't forget the fact that School picture day is scheduled during Home coming week. This could be interesting....
I also cannot forget that husband circus and I celebrate 8 years of marriage this month (though we've been together for 13 years come November). What are we doing for our anniversary? Probably the same thing we do EVEY year. Absolutely nothing! Well, we do at least go out to dinner and sometimes a movie, but that's about it.
Recently I watched "Moms Night Out". I have to say that is probably the most awesome movie ever. I loved it. I swear, it's like someone is listening in on my thoughts. That main character...is a skinnier, prettier, richer version of me. No joke. That is exactly how I feel 90% of the time. A Neurotic mess when it comes to Mommy-hood. Like I'm a total failure and after all this time, I do NOT have my SHIT together at all. I don't have a clue. Like I'm falling apart and all these other moms have it sooooo together, and I look like a total idiot most of the time compared to them.
In reality? I have it "together" just about as much as any other mom does. Moms have a hard job, and we just make it harder on ourselves.
As I sat watching that movie, I cried. Yeh, this COMEDY had me crying my eyes out because I was like "OMG that's ME, I feel how she's FEELING, I totally GET her, I've BEEEEEN there (or am currently or whatever" Then I laughed and laughed and laughed, and then I cried and cried and cried some more.
If I were to EVER have a moms night out...that's EXACTLY how it would end up. Which is why the universe does me a favor every time I even THINK about planning a moms night out.....the universe ruins it. Thanks Universe for having my back...
Cept in the end that moms blog was successful, mines just kind of BLAH, but hey, it's all good. I like having my own blip on the radar screen of the internet. Blink, and you'll miss it.
Sorry this post is kind of hard to follow, kind of haven't blogged in quite awhile! Between surgery, and life and kids and everything in between it just hasn't happened. So there is a lot to squeeze in.
Since October has arrived I've been working on some fun craft projects. I looove to craft, and I loooove Halloween so of course this time of year is my favorite.
![]() |
| Had this old piece of bored from a broken down dresser that some how was floating around my house. No idea how it got left behind when we got rid of the dresser. Anyway, I had seen something very similar to this on Pinterest and I fell in love with the idea, so I sat down and did this. My husband is the old bat, I'm the witch and well of course my three little monsters. The mother in law seems annoyed I left her out, but she was turning her nose up at all of my decorating the other day and commenting on how she dislikes the holidays and decorating, so I didn't include her in my sign. SCROOGE just didn't fit with this sign anyway.... |
![]() |
| I saw this idea floating around Facebook, and I am sure it came from Pinterest. I never actually clicked it to see where it was from, or exactly how to make it, I just glanced at the photo and went "OH I can make that!" So that's exactly what I did. Two paper plates, some black paint, a bit of tape, some construction paper, and some glue (ignore the glue in the photo, it's dry now and you can't even see it). So tada....there is my very own witchy hat. Plan on making 3 more with the kiddos hopefully this weekend to set up around the house). |
![]() |
| THIS is an idea I saw on Pinterest. Again, I didn't read the HOW TO portion...just glanced at the photo. I'm really bad about that. I don't follow instructions very well. I just eye ball it and go from there. Which is probably WHY it didn't turn out quite as awesome as I had hopped. However it was far from a flop. My kids and the neighborhood kids love it. So hey, that's enough of a win for me. No other parents attempted it around here so HA! |
![]() |
| My buffet/dining room area. I love decorating this area for every holiday, season, occasion, whatever. I made a ghostly bunting to hang in the window, and the big blob on the middle of the buffet is a spider thing I bought, but now it's replaced with my paper plate witch hat, and my sign I painted is now sitting up there as well. |
So yeh, in a nut shell that's what's going on here. The only other fun thing we've been doing is stock piling board games and teaching the kids all about them. They are loving it. Every Friday night is an awesome board game family night. Operation (which since Mommy having surgery the kids think is the most HILARIOUS game ever to play, they keep poking 'jabs' at Mommy since I had to have surgery, the little rascals). We have Yahtzee, Monopoly Jr, Connect 4, Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Uno, multiple card games too. We recently bought Battle Ship because Circus son #1 saw it on a commercial and immediately challenged me to a game of battle ship. Little did he realize, that is Mommy's favorite game. Challenge accepted little man, challenge accepted. For Christmas we have stashed away Twister, Trouble, Sorry, and a couple of others. Not to mention the Kinect games we've picked up on sale for the kids (LOVE this games). Daughter Circus got Just Dance for her birthday front her Grandma A so she cannot wait to check that out during her sleep over (since Mommy is no fun right now because I can't dance with her at the moment lol since I'm still re cooperating and getting mobility back better).
So I'm pretty sure it is well past my bed time, and I have to get three little Pirates up for school in the morning, I should be on my way and off to bed!
Mom Circus





















