Tonight, while we were preparing to watch "The Walking Dead" season premier, my daughter came up to me and started the following conversation.
Daughter Circus, in a mild panic tonight.
Daughter Circus: "Mom. We can NEVER EVER go to Chucky Cheese, PLEASE don't EVER take us there!!!"
Me, very worried as to WHY my daughter was freaking out about it, "Honey, why what's wrong with Chucky cheese?"
Daughter Circus: "Chucky cheese is so bad mom, he's a killer! He kills people! With KNIVES and it's soooooo SCARY!"
Me: *completely baffled* "Wha? Huh? Where... on earth did you hear this???"
Daughter Circus: "My friends told me ALL ABOUT IT MOM, we cannot EVER go to Chucky Cheese!! He is a BAD BAD MOUSE!!"
Me: *thinking, and thinking hard....* "Chucky....cheese? The Mouse? Kills people?? Wha???"
Daughter Circus: "YES MOM!! We CANNOT GO THERE!!"
Me: *suddenly having an 'ah ha' moment* "..... do you mean CHUCKY, as in an evil DOLL that came to life and killed people? His name is Chucky, and he's NOT a mouse, and it is JUST a movie"
Daughter Circus: "Yeh, that's who I'm talking about mom! Chucky Cheese!"
Me: " Chucky CHEESE, is a mouse that you see on TV for that pizza and game place, that is similar to Bonkers. Chucky Cheese doesn't KILL YOU, he kills your parents with greasy food and high prices and the price of tokens for games...but he doesn't like LITERALLY kill anyone, he's a cartoon, on TV, or a guy in a suite at the restaurant, which I don't even know if they DO that anymore, but no, Chucky CHEESE the MOUSE doesn't kill anyone. And CHUCKY the DOLL is a scary movie that isn't real, it's just special affects and make up, like on Face Off"
Daughter Circus: "Ok good, so we can still go eat pizza? That Chucky Cheese won't kill us, right? Because if he tried, I'd have to get him first!!"
Me: "Dude, you are so weird. I love you."
Kamilah: "I love you too Mom"
Aw yes, the special bond between demented mother and demented daughter.
Although, in hindsight, if my husband ever saw the Chucky Cheese costume at the Chucky Cheese place, my husband would probably SCREAM like he was being murdered, and would probably die from fright, because for some reason...he is TERRIFIED of the Chucky Cheese mouse costume....I think it goes back to deep rooted childhood psychological trauma, haha.
I know I'm not the only one that deals with stuff like this. Slight misunderstandings that turn into hilarious encounters and explanations from parents. Needless to say, I will never be able to watch another Chucky Cheese commercial without picturing him wearing little overalls, red frizzy hair and a knife.... (Images found online, they are not mine)
Daughter Circus: "Mom. We can NEVER EVER go to Chucky Cheese, PLEASE don't EVER take us there!!!"
Me, very worried as to WHY my daughter was freaking out about it, "Honey, why what's wrong with Chucky cheese?"
Daughter Circus: "Chucky cheese is so bad mom, he's a killer! He kills people! With KNIVES and it's soooooo SCARY!"
Me: *completely baffled* "Wha? Huh? Where... on earth did you hear this???"
Daughter Circus: "My friends told me ALL ABOUT IT MOM, we cannot EVER go to Chucky Cheese!! He is a BAD BAD MOUSE!!"
Me: *thinking, and thinking hard....* "Chucky....cheese? The Mouse? Kills people?? Wha???"
Daughter Circus: "YES MOM!! We CANNOT GO THERE!!"
Me: *suddenly having an 'ah ha' moment* "..... do you mean CHUCKY, as in an evil DOLL that came to life and killed people? His name is Chucky, and he's NOT a mouse, and it is JUST a movie"
Daughter Circus: "Yeh, that's who I'm talking about mom! Chucky Cheese!"
Me: " Chucky CHEESE, is a mouse that you see on TV for that pizza and game place, that is similar to Bonkers. Chucky Cheese doesn't KILL YOU, he kills your parents with greasy food and high prices and the price of tokens for games...but he doesn't like LITERALLY kill anyone, he's a cartoon, on TV, or a guy in a suite at the restaurant, which I don't even know if they DO that anymore, but no, Chucky CHEESE the MOUSE doesn't kill anyone. And CHUCKY the DOLL is a scary movie that isn't real, it's just special affects and make up, like on Face Off"
Daughter Circus: "Ok good, so we can still go eat pizza? That Chucky Cheese won't kill us, right? Because if he tried, I'd have to get him first!!"
Me: "Dude, you are so weird. I love you."
Kamilah: "I love you too Mom"
Aw yes, the special bond between demented mother and demented daughter.
Although, in hindsight, if my husband ever saw the Chucky Cheese costume at the Chucky Cheese place, my husband would probably SCREAM like he was being murdered, and would probably die from fright, because for some reason...he is TERRIFIED of the Chucky Cheese mouse costume....I think it goes back to deep rooted childhood psychological trauma, haha.
I know I'm not the only one that deals with stuff like this. Slight misunderstandings that turn into hilarious encounters and explanations from parents. Needless to say, I will never be able to watch another Chucky Cheese commercial without picturing him wearing little overalls, red frizzy hair and a knife.... (Images found online, they are not mine)


For the record, when I was about my daughters age, I was at a friends house who had an older siblings, and she watched Chucky, and of course I stayed up and watched it too, and it SCARED THE HOLY PANTS OFF OF ME. Didn't help, that at that time there was a particular popular DOLL that was around, of which I happened to HAVE ONE of the dumb things, and after I watched Chucky, that dumb doll scared the CRAP out of me! I remember cleaning my room one day and putting that doll in a get rid of bag and had it tied up tight so it couldn't 'get loose and come after me for revenge' and I sat it outside so my mother could toss it all in the burn pile. I came home from school....went in my bedroom...and nearly fell over dead right on the spot! I ran out of the house screaming bloody murder. Why you ask? Because that damn doll was sitting on my bed, and I swear it was watching me with a little smirk. Freaked. Me. Out. Little did I know that my Mother had went through my "get rid of bag" and she wasn't about to let me get rid of my 'favorite doll', so she put it back on my bed while I was at school. That woman almost killed her poor daughter by doing that!! I told my Mother I wanted that doll burned and I NEVER wanted to see it again. I tell you what though, I stood there and made SURE that doll was nothing but ASHES too! I am not one to have a 'doll' collection. In fact the American Girl Doll, knock off variety....that my daughter is getting for Christmas rather freaks me out. Not a huge fan of Dolls....


*shudder* Dang doll still freaks me out a little. (again photo is not mine, was found online).
![]() | ||||||
| Can't say I blame my husband for being creeped out by the costume version of Chucky Cheese, I mean seriously, look at that rat, he looks like he's up to no good!
We've been getting our Christmas stuff in line, fun times. Have been utilizing some Lay A Way programs, and wow, why didn't we try that sooner? That would have made gift shopping a lot less stressful!
The kids are allowed to ask for one 'big' present, and a couple of smaller presents from Santa, we don't go broke for the Holidays. Then they get some smaller presents that are from Mom and Dad.
This year their Christmas list consists of:
They are currently mega super excited about Halloween, so Christmas has yet to really sink in with them. I'm already super excited for Christmas mainly because of our annual time of visiting Santa! I absolutely LOVE to take the kids to see Santa. Too bad I have to first get through Halloween and Thanksgiving! At least I love those Holidays too.
![]()
Christmas 2011
|





