Friday, October 3, 2014

Just Another Ordinary Day

It seems like every year there is a general pattern to my blogging.  I slack off during the summer and then pick up in the fall.  Especially in October.  By that point the kids are in school and I have a bit more time on my hands to actually do things I enjoy doing (not that I don't enjoy doing stuff with the kids because I do, but I also enjoy blogging and that's something just FOR ME).  Also this time of the year kicks up my crafting habits.  I love making Halloween and fall themed crafts and that kind of carries through to the rest of the holidays coming up, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc, You get the point.  Also it's one heck of a way to distract myself from the house work that is surrounding me saying "Cleeeeaaaan meeeeeee"  It's my way of putting my hand over my hears and going "Lalalalalaalallalalalala I don't hear you!!" 

Which I DO, loud and clear.  I hear you house work, I hear you calling me.  Yes, yes I will come do that sink full of dishes, that pile of laundry, that vacuuming and organizing (hey you can see my desk so that counts for something, right?  sure it does!)  Plus I took out the trash last night so HA, the trash can isn't full either, yay me!

Currently I have two over flowing baskets of clean and folded laundry that are eye balling me saying "hey lady, when you gonna put us away??"  Should it MATTER, I mean really...the clothes are CLEAN and they are FOLDED what more do you people WANT from me! It's not wrong to live out of a laundry basket as long as the clothes are clean AND folded.  At least we aren't living out of the dryer for clothes, or worse yet, the  DIRTY clothes pile.  Ew. Although this morning I somehow managed to wash ZERO jeans for my daughter so when I opened the dryer to get them a pair of jeans, all I found were jeans for my sons and not a SINGLE pair of jeans for my daughter.  Which, wasn't good because it was like fifty degrees out this morning and she NEEDED jeans! No shorts, no dresses, no leggings, but JEANS.  So I went on a scavenger hunt for jeans for my daughter.  Thankfully I found a pair.  They are a bit long, but eh, she didn't care, she just rolled them up once and was good to go.  Yay. 

Too bad I still need to vacuum, and sweep and mop too.  *tantrum* I don't want to.  I'd rather go back to sleep.  Like now. However I cannot.  So slave away I must.  As soon as I pry myself away from the keyboard.  Oh no, looks like gravity got me....

At some point, the husband and I need to make it to the store and browse through the toy aisles and put a few items away on lay away for Christmas for the kids so we can get our Christmas shopping out of the way.  My Mother in Law is making me feel like a slacker, she already has her stuff bought for Christmas, good for her.  I'll be the one stuck WRAPPING it all.  Grr. I pick it out the presents from her because she never knows what to buy anyone, she pays for it, and I wrap it, and she gets 100% of the credit *sigh*  it's so not fair.  I think I'll just put from Santa on all of the presents from her.  That way at least Santa gets the credit. 

As far as what we're getting the kids for Christmas, I really have no idea.  We are not parents who go ALL OUT on buying presents for the kids, because that is not what Christmas is about.  They each get one "big" present from Santa, and a small present from Santa, and then stocking stuffers, then they get a couple of presents from Mom and Dad and of course they get each other a little gift.  We choose not to go broke on the Holidays! Thinking Lego's for the boys, as that is their big thing right now.  For my daughter?  I haven't a clue.  She's a tough one to shop for actually!

Can't believe I'm already thinking about Christmas and it's not even Halloween yet.   I actually caught myself humming a Christmas song the other day! I quickly had to turn it into a Halloween song just because I didn't want an angry mob to lynch me for singing Christmas stuff already!

We are already planning our Thanksgiving feast meal though! I LOVE that meal.  I always plan it early and start gathering my ingredients for things early that way by the time the big day arrives I'm not scrambling going "OH NO I forgot to buy yams!"  Or "OH NO I forgot cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth!! All the stores are closed, Thanksgiving meal is RUINED!!! *WAAAH!!*"  yeh I try to avoid all of that....

Instead I buy it early stash it away in the pantry and then I panic because I can't find it, and I almost have a panic attack, and then the husband comes in and saved the day because HE finds whatever item it is that I am looking for.  However, at least we HAVE IT, and I didn't forget to buy it.

This morning while getting the mini circus acts ready for school, my daughter was going off on one of her many tirades about heaven only knows what (after awhile, I'm sad to say I kind of tune out her morning whining because it's the same channel every day and it's all because of her brothers).  So as she kept going on and on and on (and nothing that had been said previously by anyone had helped).  So I finally said "CHILD! Just let it go...."  and without missing a beat Son Circus #1 goes "Yaaaah like Elsa!"  to which my daughter went off on ANOTHER tirade about how she hates Elsa, she hates that song, she hates that movie (I have the oddest 7 year old girl ever, I KNOW).  At that point...I had to walk away.  After all I just can't talk sense into someone who hates Frozen.  There is just no talking to them. 

A few moments passed and I was helping Son Circus #2 with his jeans and out of the blue he looks at me all serious and goes "Mom, why don't you pick your nose?"  I was like...what?  Pick my nose?  Well, I'm an adult, and we don't do that when we're grown ups.  He gave me a funny look and goes "Well, you need to tell Daddy that".  I almost died laughing.

Then we made it to the bus stop (finally).  I drove them to the bus stop as it's a bit rainy and wet and cold today.  They all three tried to open the van door at the same time when the bus showed up, which doesn't work well.  Son circus #1 left his back pack in the van so I had to holler at him to come get it, then he decided to run to the bus (I warned him not to).  Anyway, he did a face plant.  I'm sure he's covered in mud and grass.  Poor child.  I heard his angry scream as he got up and pouted and stomped onto the bus.  I hope this doesn't set him up for a bad day!

Well, since I obviously do not have a self cleaning house, nor do I seem to have any cleaning fairies, and the dust bunnies are kind of lazy I guess I'm the one who is going to have to clean the house after all.  I'm not a witch so I can't twitch my nose and make it all magically go back in place so looks like I'll be doing it the ol' fashioned way.  Alright mop and broom here I come...ready or not....(I'm not).

Mom Circus