Anyway, the kids are absolutely loving this whole elf thing and they can't wait to get up in the mornings and see what this little dude has been up to.
Here is what he was up to last night. Apparently that creepy Nut Cracker guy that stands post on the living room book case? Well, he's apparently up to no good and his life mission is to steal all of the peppermints of the world. What is Christmas without Peppermint? Nothing. Nothing at all. Peppermint is the FLAVOR of Christmas! You cannot have Christmas without Peppermint, you just, well you just CAN'T.
So crazy Nut Cracker evil bad guy dude (named by my children) was was hoarding the Peppermint candies in his treasure chest. He wouldn't share either! Awful. Just AWFUL. Toffee had finally had enough of the stingy ol' brute, and we found them yesterday morning sword fighting with pop sicle sticks on the dining room table, and Toffee was TOTALLY whooping some Nut Cracker soldier butt. Go Toffee! Let it be known, that Toffee WON and that the Peppermints of Christmas, are safe. My kids were thrilled.

Oddly enough, all day today Toffee kept getting closer and closer to Nut Cracker Dude, and eventually their swords were crossed. I did not see Toffee move, nor did my husband. My children feign their innocence but regardless he did manage to get closer and closer. I should have taken more photos of it, because everytime I would turn around they were a little bit closer to each other and their positions were a little different as were their swords, rather comical really. So much for moving only at night huh Toffee!
So today the kids and I were supposed to do a Christmas craft together (so sayeth our Christmas Countdown chain on the back of the front door) Well Kams came down with a fever tonight so I spent my evening after supper snuggling a sickly little girl, so no Christmas craft was done tonight. The boys were very disappointed but I told them they'd have to wait until tomorrow because their sister was sick.
So Toffee who was listening just couldn't stand the thought of the 3 kiddos being so disappointed and he wanted to make them smile in the morning, and he felt bad for sick Kams. So he decided to do a craft project for them.
What a thoughtful little Elf.


He turned our fridge into a SNOWMAN! How cute. Someone has been going through my Pinterest account!
Wonder what this little guy has planned for tomorrow? Hard telling with him!
I can throughly say I am enjoying this, I wish I would have started it sooner when I first heard about it. Why on earth did I ever drag my feet about it?
When I was talking to my Mother the other day she said she loved the idea and wish she would have known about it when my little sister and I were growing up. She said she would have had so much fun with it and really gotten into it and I don't doubt it! My Mother has always been very creative and onery! She made my childhood memories very special and magical always adding her own little creative touches to things to make them so special. I appreciate all she did to help my imagination grow and blossom. She has always been a great mom. She learned it from her Mom, my Grandma was pretty gosh darn awesome too! I was raised by two spectacular ladies whom I love and admire greatly, my Mother and my Grandma. I wish my kids could have met my Grandma, they would have LOVED their Great Grandma, and she would have loved them too.
Our furnace decided to go out in the middle of the night, and MAN last night was a cold one! All three kids came running into my bed and snuggled up with me till morning. They weren't too happy about getting out of the warm bed and into their school clothes. Sorry guys!
Got them on the bus and off to school and called up the repair man to come fix the furnace! The blower/fan needed a new motor so that got all taken care of and we have HEAT again, and it's waaaay better than it was before. Thank GOODNESS! Because tonight, is supposed to be colder than LAST night. I'd rather not have icicles for children you know.
NOW it is way past my bedtime! I was planning on wrapping the last of the Christmas gifts (the ones from Shhh Santa...) But I decided to wait until tomorrow night after the kids go to bed. Today I wrapped all of the other presents (the ones from my husband and I to the kids) and the ones to my sister in law, and my niece, and to my husband and to my self. I still have to get a gift for my Mother in law, and later I'll pick up something for my mother and sisters and stepdad, but that will wait till January when I plan on mailing their packages. I don't usually make presents look "pretty" you're actually lucky if they are even wrapped, instead of just tossed in a gift bag. What should it matter if the package looks all pretty? It just gets ripped to shreds in a couple of minute anyway.
Buuuut thanks to stupid ol' Pinterest, I decided to make my packages all 'pretty' this year.
Anyway, good night ya'll! Enjoy the adventures of Toffee our ELF ON THE SHELF!
Mae
