Yesterday I was feeling crafty! My house work was done (well, more or less...because we all know laundry is never really truly completely finished)! However, I said "good enough" and did some crafting! I love to craft and create.
I made my daughter multiple hair bows. I generally make her bows out of felt, I love working with felt. However, I did branch out and worked with some ribbon yesterday, which is a new medium for me! I don't usually like to work with ribbon as I feel like I get all tied up!
 |
| Felt Minnie Mouse themed hair bow to match the dress she wore to preschool today. |
 |
| Heart hair bow I made my daughter to match her back to school outfit for the first day of Kindergarten. |
 |
| Her first day of kindergarten outfit. |
 |
| She looooves Barbie's lately |
 |
| I took an old hair bow she has had for like 5 years and re made it. Nothing fancy. |
 |
| Better view of the heart hair bow |
 |
| A loopy hair bow. Loopy hair bows make me feel loopy trying to make them and keep them from getting all tangled up! |
My daughter has been going to Jump Start this week (preparation at her elementary school for Kindergarten just getting them used to the routine before school actually starts on the 21st). She has been having a fantastic time! Though she can't wait for Kindergarten to REALLY start so she can ride the big kid bus (currently she's still riding the preschool bus). She can't wait to walk to the bus stop. I have to say the whole "bus stop" part has me worried! Which is silly. When I was in Kindergarten my Mother would drive me to the bus stop (I had to walk a mile, up hill to the bus stop and that is no lie). So when I was in early elementary my Mother drove me and we would sit up there and I would play with all of the other kids till the bus showed up. Was never a big deal. However, times....they are a changing! The kids out where we live most are not kids I want my daughter hanging around. I will not be sending her to the bus stop alone nor will she be walking home alone. She's too young for that. I just hope some of those kids out here won't be mean to her on the bus because some of them are snobby, hateful little meanies. They will mouth off to adults and kids their age older or younger, they don't care. They have no respect at all, for anyone. Kams is a very polite little girl who was raised to say "yes sir/mam no sir/mam" and to always say please and thank you and excuse me, and that rules are there for a reason. However...she has also been raised that if someone continues to mess with you over and over and over after you've asked them to stop, and if you've asked adults to make them stop...she has every bit of my permission to whop them one. I won't let my daughter be pushed around (or my sons for that matter). They have every right to stand up for themselves. Hopefully it never comes to that, they are pretty good at diffusing situations and asking adults for help. Plus, they are their own little "gang". You don't mess with one of them, without messing with all 3 of them. They might fight like cats and dogs at HOME, but at school or at the park...if someone messes with one of my kids, the other two come to the rescue. So that evens the odds a little better.
While I was crafting yesterday I made a couple of items to use with the doggy photography I do quite often. I've been getting to meet some of the cutest most adorable dogs lately, and fall is just around the corner so I wanted to have a few new props to use. It's easier and cheaper to just make your own props!
 |
| 2 business ties one for a large dog, one for a medium/small dog, and a Velcro bow tie (it even fits cats). |