It's back to school, back to school, those kids have gone back to school! I'd LIKE to say I did the joyful parent dance yesterday when my kids went off to school for the first day. I'd like to say it, but I can't, well at least not 100% truthfully.
My daughter started her first day of Kindergarten yesterday and it was such a bittersweet moment. On one hand I was THRILLED that the kids were FINALLY going back to school because frankly the endless fighting and craziness was wearing on my nerves. On the OTHER hand...my first born baby was going off to her FIRST DAY OF ELEMENTARY SCHOOL! Doesn't help that, that very same morning my little sister was going off to HER first day of COLLEGE. So I had double the tears and boo hoo's and my sons were going off to their least year of preschool before THEY start Kindergarten next year. WAAAH!!!!
I drove my daughter to school and walked her to her classroom. She handled it all fine, I sniffed back tears, blinking rapidly refusing to cry in front of my daughters teacher, and other moms. Nope. Wasn't gonna do it.
I took a million and one photos of the "Jelly Bean" on her first day of Kindergarten. I got scolded for calling her Jelly Bean, she said "MOM, I'm not your Jelly Bean NO MORE! I'm KAMILAH" Whaaaat?! Nope. Sorry kid you will be my JELLY BEAN even when you are 45 years old and have your own candy shop full of the sweet goodness of her own Jelly Belly Beans!
So my daughter finally kicked me out of her classroom, and I dejectedly went back to the van where I shed a few tears. Fortunately I had a friend with me who had road along with her daughter on her first day of first grade. So I still didn't shed too many tears. However when I got home, I called my Mother, and cried. You know what? That woman had no sympathy for me. I mean, really? Hasn't she forgiven me for MY first day of Kindergarten? Sure, I mean maybe I looked at her and said "You can leave now, I don't need you anymore" and walked off without a hug or kiss or high 5 or anything. Can't hold that against me forever, right? *sniffle* Here I thought the woman would have some pity for me, I was wrong. She pretty much said "suck it up buttercup" Thanks MOTHER. Remind me not to go to her for sympathy anymore.
Kams told me yesterday after about the 100th photo in her class room, she goes "Mom, I love you, but you can go, I want to go to breakfast now and eat with my friends, and you can't go".
Fine. At least she cushioned it with an I Love You, and I DID get a hug and a high 5 out of her, but still...ouch. Leave mom, scram. Get outta here. Ok so she didn't say those exact words, but still...knife to the heart. *sniff sniff*
At least she was super excited to see me when she got off the bus yesterday afternoon!! She ran straight to me and gave me the biggest hugs ever.
My husband went back to his first day of college today, so we dropped Kams off at Kindergarten this morning and then I took the husband to the college to drop off and me and the boys drove home. They don't go to preschool till the afternoon.
Yesterday was also their first day of preschool. Unfortunately they do not go in the morning (much to my WOE)! So by the time the afternoon rolled around and their bus was here, I couldn't get them out the door quick enough. There wasn't really much mourning their first day of preschool. It was more of a "OMG MAKE THE FIGHTING STOP!!! GET THEM TO SCHOOL AND SEPERATE THEM SO THEY DON'T KILL EACH OTHER!!" They had numerous battle royales before the bus arrived. Thankfully though it looks as if both boys had a GOOD DAY at school. I hope today goes as well. They looked so adorable yesterday :)
Here's to more great days ahead in this school year!
Mae




