Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring Fever

The allergies are already trying to kill me. I can tell it's going to be a long spring and summer.  VERY, very long.  I haven't had allergies this mad in a very very long time and I can honestly say I do not like it one single stinkin' bit.  On top of it all?  My poor daughter seems to have inherited her mom's darn allergies too. 

Fall is generally my worst season for allergies (oddly enough it's my favorite season even though I'm sneezing the whole time).  However, this spring is completely kicking my bum.  So far today I have sneezed roughly a bazillion times, you know where...somewhere in that ball park.  While sitting in my desk chair I have sneezed so powerfully I shot my chair across the floor like some kind of weird rocket propulsion. 

The eyes are so watery I can't see straight, and when I go outside it gets way worse and it looks like I'm crying.  So going to the bus stop this afternoon to get my daughter was so much fun.

If I don't find an allergy medicine that works for me soon, I'm going to  go insane.  I cannot possibly do this all spring and summer.  Thankfully my daughter has allergy meds that work for her, which is soooo a good thing! The poor girl and I look like a miserable pair of sneezy, runny nosed, watery eyed goof balls.  Poor kid coughs all night long and just looks miiiiiiserable.  Why do allergies have to be so rough? 

Oh well, I'd so rather it be allergies than anything else.  It could always be something worse and I am thankful that it is not.


The kids have been a great help the past few days because they can tell that Mommy is NOT at 100% (considering I went to make kool aid one day and almost put pancake mix in there instead of sugar).  That's what happens when your eyes are so watery you can't see straight!


They little boogers helped me out last night after supper (the kids not my actual boogers because those have not been helping anyone).  After we were done eating yesterday the three of them worked together to clear off the supper dishes and wipe off the table.  I was getting ready to work on the dishes and the kids even offered to wash the dishes! So I allowed them to wash the non breakable and non sharp items, and no pots and pans.  The three of them had a great system going.  My daughter washed, one of the boys rinsed, and the other dried and Mommy put them away.  I was really proud of them! One of the boys even swept the floor for me.  Such sweet kids! This isn't generally stuff I ask them to do, and they wanted to do it, so I allowed them to, the help was greatly appreciated.



Yesterday was a gorgeous day (today was a little chillier)!  So since it was such a nice day out yesterday they went out and were playing in the back yard.  Some slightly older neighbor kids came over asking if the kids could come over and play at their house.  So I figured, sure why not.  They had two much older sisters watching them all and they were literally right next door and I could see them through my kitchen window. My kids had a great time playing at the neighbors house, they got to play in the little creek run off that goes past our houses (I just simply call it a ditch, but it's actually a creek run off).  Not deep at all.  They chased frogs, jumped back and forth to the muddy banks, fell in a time or two and all three of my kids came home thoroughly soaked and muddy, just the way I intended them too.  It's good for kids to go out and be KIDS! They don't ALWAYS need mom and dad hovering RIGHT on top of them as they play.  Granted my kids are always within hearing distance and generally always always within sight, but if they do go to a friends house, I don't panic. Now later on when the same neighbor kids asked if the kids could go to the park with them (that is right behind our neighborhood).  I said no.  Much to the disappointment of my children.  The park is a place we go together as a family.  With the weather being nice, and families getting out in full force for a day of nice weather the park would have been a busy mad house and I just didn't feel comfortable letting my 3 kids go to the park with the other neighbor kids.  They would not have been in seeing or hearing distance.  So we stayed home and my kids had fun right in their own back yard instead.  I'm not that mom that is all like "oh well go do whatever you want"  I'm still that mom that walks her kid to and from the bus stop (well me or my husband) every day.  I don't allow her to go to stay the night with people that I do NOT know or have never been to or in their house before.  My sons have still never had a sleep over at a friends house.  They aren't allowed to ride their bikes with adult supervision (partially because we don't have side walks in our neighborhood and they have to ride their bikes around the circle drive, so they have to be watched closely). 

Well, my allergy medicine is FINALLY kicking in so MAYBE I can finally get some sleep tonight, doubtful but it's worth a shot. 


Mae