Thursday, April 10, 2014

National Sibling Day

Was made aware that today is apparently National Sibling Day.  Dunno if that's a real day or not, but I figured "what the hey" not like I have anything all that spectacular to blog about anyway so I might as well blog about my two younger sisters.
A group pic of us back in 1998.  Top is my stepsister Shauna, and on the bottom is me and my little sister 'Layla'. 
A group picture of us taken in 2012 when I went back home to visit my family for a week over the 4th of July.  Me, my stepsister Shauna, and my little sister Layla (as my kids call her).
I waited 10 and a half years to FINALLY have a sibling.  It was the longest wait EVER.  I wanted a baby brother, BADLY.  I had wanted him to be only a little younger than me.  Instead I got a sister who was 10 and a half years younger than I am.  I remember the day she was born this little UGLY red baby was wheeled past me and I remember thinking "Ew, what an ugly red baby! I hope that's not my sister!!"  Turns out...yes indeed that was my baby sister. She was only 'ugly' because I didn't exactly have a lot of experience with newborns!
Awww she was a cuuuute little girl! My youngest sister Layla :)
My youngest sisters 1 year pics.  She was NOT cooperating for the photo studio so we brought her home and did our own pics.  That cat she's holding?  Was one of the original "Fur Real" pets, I hated that cat, but she LOVED it.
Look at that smug little girl on my baby sisters face, ha!

She was a pesky little thing.  Annoooooooying.  She followed me EVERYWHERE and I always had to help her with everything.  By the time she was actually old enough to do anything with, I was in that age where I didn't want anything to do with her, I didn't have time for an annoying bratty little sister.
Aw come on, for as annoying as a baby sister 10 years younger than you can be, she was a darn cute kid and we had some awesome sister moments. 

I really don't know what was going on here.  Weirdest picture.  Ever. 
I even helped the little sprite learn to walk.
By that time, (that my sister was actually old enough to be slightly interesting, yet HIGHLY annoying) my Mother was getting married to my stepdad, and that meant....I now had a stepsister, that was only 2 years younger than me.  I still didn't have a brother, but at least she was closer to my age.  One would think I would have been happy about that, ha!

AWFUL photo of me, buuuut it shows my stepsister Shauna (who I realize I do not have many photos of), my Mother and my stepfather and my little sister Layla.  This was taken shortly after my Mother and Stepfather got married. (Ugh for dorky family pics!)

Today my "baby" sister is almost 19 and has the sweetest little 1 month old baby.  My sweet little nephew Xzavier. 


My stepsister, has 3 kiddos an angel daughter in heaven my sweet niece JoLene, and my nephews Freddy and Charle.

I'm a pretty lucky sister.  I get to be the older bossier sister and do that whole "lead by example" crapola my Mother always talked about (yada yada). 


Nah I'm just lucky because my sisters rock.


I have a ton of mega embarrassing stories about my youngest sister (not so many stories about my stepsister because she didn't live with me and I only saw her on the weekends, but we had some good times too). 


I won't embarrass my littlest sister here....I'll be nice.  For now.  Let's just say she was such an accident prone child she tripped over the air and broke her own wrist. The girl needed bubble wrap!

So in honor of sibling day....



Love you ladies!

Mae