Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Another Day In Paradise

It has felt like a really busy day.  I'm not really sure if was a busy day or not but it did kind of feel like it.  Maybe I just was feeling rushed a lot today, I don't really know for sure.


I spent my early afternoon getting the kids bike tires aired up for the spring and summer time.  I think we're done with snow, soooo I figured it was safe to bring out their bikes finally.  Got those aired up and ready to go! The kids were thrilled to see their bikes this evening when they got home from school.  I loved hearing the shrieks of delight at seeing their bikes sitting, waiting for them.


Before the kids came home from school I *thought* I had a doctors appointment.  Turns out....I was a whopping one month EARLY.  I mean, I strive to be a few minutes early for an appointment, but that was just ridiculous.  HA!


I do have an appointment tomorrow with a specialist, and I thought I had written the day on the wrong day on the calendar.  I went to confirm it with my appointment card and realized that I had (apparently I had not).  At the time I wrote it all on the calendar....I did everything correct minus putting down what doctor I was seeing....

I go see my regular doctor on the 8th of NEXT month, and TOMORROW afternoon I go see the specialist.


I was in a car accident when I was 14.  The dash board broke and damaged nerves/veins in my left calf muscle.  I always worried it would cause me issues as I got older, but hadn't really know where to start.


About a month ago I started having unusual throbbing pains in that leg in the area that had been injured.  The area has been tender since the accident and always discolored, however these odd sharp pains were new.  So I made an appointment with my doctor.  She listened to my concerns and got me into get an ultra sound done on my leg to look at the veins.


While thankfully they did not find any blood clots they DID that there is some damage to my veins in that particular area of my leg.  I have to see a heart doctor/vein doctor to go over the results more and decide how bad he thinks the damage is.  If he thinks it is bad enough he will probably want to place a stint in my leg vein.  So that's what the appointment is about tomorrow, the doctor looking at the reports and deciding where he wants to go from there.  I'm a little nervous! It's a doctor I have seen before, and he does a good job.  I saw him during my pregnancy with my daughter when they discovered my leaky heart valve (that apparently ONLY gave me issues during my pregnancy with my daughter because it was PERFECT during my pregnancy with my twin sons and they had even checked it again, and tada, no problems). 


So at least I am familiar with the doctor I will be seeing tomorrow.  It is still very nerve wracking to be having to go through all of this and I am not even 30 yet.  I knew that injury from when I was 14 was going to give me issues later on! I wish someone would have taken my concerns seriously when I was a teenager.  Does anyone EVER listen to the teenager?  Nope.  Apparently not.


At the time it happened it felt like my leg was broken, it wasn't.  Sometimes I think it would have just been easier if it had just broken my leg and got it over with.  Though, who knows what kind of trouble I'd have with it then, so I guess I'll just take what I got and go with that.


So since my appointment today didn't happen (ooops), I had extra time to go do the birthday party shopping for my sons! We already purchased their birthday presents several months ago (I loooove to shop ahead!!).   So then all I needed was the decorations.  I stopped at the Dollar Tree (love those $1 stores).  Unfortunately I didn't really find all I was looking for, not even close.  So I dashed over to Wal Mart (the only other store we really have to shop at in my town besides Dollar stores). 


I found everything on my list, I only forgot to buy straws and that's not the end of the world.

Table clothes, streamers, balloons, plates, cups, napkins, forks, party favors, party bags, party masks (instead of party hats). 


I still need to pick up the food items for the party but I won't have time to do that shopping for a few days so that gives me time to compile that portion of the shopping list!

My sons asked for a Ninja Turtle party this year.  They are turning the big 5!  Ok well first they wanted Ninja Turtles, THEN the wanted Lego Ninja Ninjagou.  I was far too excited about the Ninja Turtle party and told them there were no party theme take backs they were stuck with Ninja Turtles.  (I was A HUGE Ninja Turtle fan growing up!!!!) 


We did get them some Lego's for their birthday (ooooh my gosh WHYDOLEGOSHAVETOBESOEXPENSIVE!!!!)


They also each got a Ninja Turtle toy as well, plus they each got cool Lego t shirts.  I think they'll be pretty darn happy with what they got. 


The problem with my sons is that their interests change so darn quick.  One day they are addicted to Minecraft and Lego's.  The next they love super heroes (Batman and Ironman to be exact).  The next?  They are into Transformers and Tom and Jerry.  I can't really keep up with them! I know they always love bikes and skateboards though.  Lately they've really been into sports.  They are so excited to play baseball this summer. 


They now think EVERY sport is baseball.  Foot ball is baseball.  Soccer is baseball.  Golf is baseball.  If it has a ball in it, it's baseball. I'm not sure if I should find it comical or feel slightly embarrassed my children don't know their sports better!

The kids have been having a fantastic time playing football in the back yard, cept they keep calling it baseball.  I am pretty sure my neighbors think we're the worst parents ever because of it.  Hey, at least they are OUTSIDE playing a game instead of inside "playing" the game on a video console.  They can call it whatever they want as long as it has them outside playing and having fun!


They prefer to make up their own rules and parental assistance is not wanted, so we leave them to their own rules and regulations and let them sort through the "fairness" of whatever they come up with.  So far they have done ok...minus the time Keegan went after Marshall with the Nerf baseball bat and then Marshall turned around and attempted to run him over with his bike.  Or the time Keegan didn't want to hold the bucket (their version of basketball...never mind they have an actual basketball HOOP out there to play with!).  So Keegan didn't want to hold the bucket anymore so he refused to take it so Marshall smacked him in the mouth with it.  Ugh.  Not a  good day.  Poor Keegan's little mouth really took a hit.  Thankfully it wasn't too awful but the way he screamed you would have thought half of his face got knocked off.  Nearly gave me a heart attack!  NEVER turn your back on them for even a second.  Someone gets hurt.


Today the boys didn't fight too bad while waiting for the bus.  Sometimes they get so antsy it's all they can do to leave each other alone.  I have to use myself as a barrier between the two of them or give them a focus point.  Thankfully the weather is getting warm enough that they can now ride their bikes for a few minutes outside before the bus comes.  That helps a lot, and helps them use up a bit of energy before they get to school. 


They  got to wear the new shoes Grandma A bought them last night. They loooove their new shoes.  My handsome little guys.  I still can't believe that five years has flown by and they are turning another year older.  I'm so proud of those boys.  They've been through so much. 


Keegan fought so hard during his cancer and Marshall dealing with his seizures for the first year of his life before they caught them.  Now?  They are two active little boys who have such a zest and zeal for life it's amazing! Their giggles and grins are contagious.  They are snugglers and sweet hearts, but strong and stubborn.  They are the best of everything rolled into two wonderful and very different little boys. 

I never expected I would have twins, but WOW I am SOOO glad that I did! We were not expecting to have twins, didn't see it coming at all.  We were scared when we found out and cried, but those tears of fear QUICKLY turned to grins of excitement.  I couldn't imagine my life today with out my twin boys. 
My boys all ready for a fantastic school day.  Wearing their new shoes and ready for the day!

They may be twins but they are certainly NOT the same child.  They are their OWN person.  They are both so unique and special they fill my heart with love and my life with laughter. 


Their birthday will be here before I know it! Only a few more days to go!!

Mae