The boys had a fantastic 4th birthday party, with lots of friends and family here to help them celebrate. My Mother was able to come for their birthday which I was able to keep a suprise till she walked through the front door so they were VERY happy! They got to hang out with both of their Grandma's and their cousin Faith for their birthday, how awesome is that?
![]() |
| Marshall, Kamilah and Keegan with Grandma Teena (My Mother) |
![]() |
| Kamilah, Faith, Keegan, and Marshall with Grandma Ann (My husband's Mom) |
Speaking of Faith, wow she's getting big! Haven't seen her in about 3 months. Can't believe she'll be a year old soon. So proud of my little niece. She's one tough little cookie.
![]() |
| Kamilah and Faith COUSINS! There is almost exactly 5 years age difference between the two of them. Watching them as they get older should be interesting! They both have quite the personalities! |
![]() |
| To the left is Kamilah at 9 months old and to the right is Faith at 9 months old |
Here are the pics of the cakes I made the boys, and the shirts I made them to wear for their birthday.
![]() |
| Keegan's Spiderman cake! I made home made marshmallow fondant for the first time for the boys birthday cakes. I don't think they turned out TOO bad. The boys loved them anyway! |
![]() |
| Marshall's Captain America Cake, he loved it! |
![]() |
| Marshall playing a game at his birthday party. |
![]() |
| Keegan, Kamilah and Marshall |
![]() |
| The birthday boys! Keegan and Marshall! |
A few days later the boys got invited to a friends birthday party and they had a great time running around out in the country. They can't wait to have a playdate there. Which might happen once the weather warms up again! There was nice weather for a few days, then BAM it gets cold again. Ugh.
![]() |
| Marshall and his friend Cayden driving the Power Wheels car up and down the big long gravel drive way. What a blast they had shooting at the other kids with water guns. Silly kids! |
We spent some time at the park too, which is always fun! Cept now we're back to cold and gray weather. Boooo! Where'd the sun go?
![]() |
| Keegan at the park intently watching a gentleman and his grandaughters that were there fishing. Keegan kept saying "That old man got a fish Mommy!" |
![]() |
| Kamilah investigating the water at the edge of the lake, in all of her pinkness. She is my very own "Pinkalicious" and "Fancy Nancy" rolled into one amazing little kiddo! |
Thursday my little girl has her "Promotion to Kindergarten" reception! I'm so proud of her! Unfortunately, I will NOT be able to attend since I'll be at work. I'm very sad and disappointed but that's what happens. Atleast her Daddy will be able to be there. I'm thankful for my husband. Between the two of us, we're always there for whatever the kids do. Kams is disappointed Mommy can't be there due to work, but she understand and is glad that Daddy can be there. I'll send the camera with my husband with orders to get LOTS of GOOD pictures. *sniffle* I'm so proud of my baby girl!!!
Since she's inbetween preschool and kindergarten she can't go to summer school this year, which has her bummed out. So we're going to do some fun "summer school" stuff at home, and I signed her up for a program at the library that is once a week for June and July. I think she'll really have a great time, and she is finally old enough to go!
Kams goes for her kindergarten screening on the 29th of this month! Can't believe it, kindergarten time is here.
Kams also has to go to the dentist on the 7th, she has TWO loose teeth on the bottom, and she is afraid to wiggle them out so the adult tooth is growing in behind the baby tooth, sooo those baby teeth GOTS TO GO! She is soooo close to having one of the teeth out she just isn't quite there yet. Luckily my kids LOVE going to the dentist.
May 31st is Relay for Life in our community and we're excited to support Keegan as he walks in the survivors lap again this year. I may not agree with all the American Cancer Society does (they give like basically NO funding to research of Childhood Cancer). However, Keegan has been through so much, I will always support him walking that survivors lap! I can't wait until the day he's old enough to walk it all by himself. I think I will cry more that day than I have any other time, and I cry EVERY year during the survivors lap just remembering all our son, and our whole family has been through since July 31st 2009.
Wanted to put the kids in ball this year, but couldn't afford that so we bought our own T ball stuff and our doing our own Tball games with friends and their kids to give the kids some summer time sports activities. Plus Kams will be doing her volunteering at the animal shelter that she really enjoys doing.
We also have planned some fun trips to the lake this summer! My Mother in Law will be living with us for awhile (due to her health she needs someone to help her out and keep an eye out for her) and she wants us to go to the lake a few times this summer, and that sounds great to us. The kids went to the lake last year for the first time and had a BLAST.
Hoping we'll get a chance to hit up the zoo this year too! The kids have been waiting and waiting to go to the zoo for such a long time.
I started working in a bakery a few weeks ago. It isn't bad, just wish they'd start giving me more hours. My last job I was used to working 6 days a week and now I'm working only 2-3 days a week, and that's just not what I expected. I mean sure, I've been a stay at home mom for 4 years, but I'm still quite capable of working 6 days a week. Just give me a schedule that I can be used to so I can schedule appointments around for my kids and we're good. I already told work that my kids come first. Thankfully, my husband is awesome and he can take the kids to do a lot of the things when I'm unable to do so which helps a lot. The kids love spending time with him.
Time for a busy and fun May! As long as the weather warms up! Some places in Missouri got SNOW on May 1st and 2nd. How crazy is that? Thankfully my town did NOT get snow but it was cold and rainy.
Mae
















