Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Early Mothers Day Present

Happy Mothers Day to me, a little early! A week ago I got a suprising phone call from our Parents as Teachers Educator.  There is apparently a group in town that wanted to choose a few moms that were considered "super moms" and gift them with a $200 shopping spree for Mothers Day.  Our educator nominated me, and they chose me as one of the recipients. 

I cried. 

First of all, I'm never chosen for anything, 2nd of all I felt their was surely another mom out there in our community that was more deserving of it than I was, and then I couldn't believe that someone out there could be so kind and want to do something so nice.  Then I worried about what the heck would I possibly buy for $200....that I could ONLY use for myself and not buy stuff for my kids (oh the summer clothes I could have bought for the kids with that much)!

Anyway...in the end our educator told me to shut up and accept it, and I did.  Still teary eyed and totally blown away by the kindness.  I was told to go pick out some items at the store and put them on a little wish list. Sooo late at night while the hubby was home with the sleeping kids I snuck out to the store to browse.  Goodness, it was difficult! I have such a BIG case of "mommy brain" that even the items I ended up choosing were still more for my family then they were me. 


Make up and a nice summer top was on the list, and yeh that was for me.  My kids could care less if I wear make up and they love me if I'm in pajama's or dressed up nice. So those items, and the perfume were for me.  But they were still budget friendly items!! I'm not a huge spender.  So after I finally chose $200 worth of items (Ack that was difficult I didn't want to put dumb stuff on there).  I came home and then of course thought of a million other little things that would have been more useful.  My brain just has no shut off button I swear!

Today while I was out running an errand the items were delivered to my home.  I was pleasantly suprised when I walked in the door and was greeted with a Happy Mothers day from my husband and kids and they started helping me open the goodies.  More happy tears!


I got an item I had been wanting for a VERY long time (though it's not the exact brand I wanted, it works just the same and I still love it none the less!) I now have a counter top mixer, yay! Cannot wait to use it! I have wanted one for years, but have always shied away from the price of them.  There has always been something else I could get with that money. 

So now I have a new counter top mixer, a very nice new 18 piece pot and pan set (complete with new kitchen utensils), a 2qt stock pan (can't wait to make soups in that!), some new make up, perfume, a new top, some bath towels, wash clothes, a nice basket that I just love,  a lovely Mother's Day card and lovely gift cards to use with my children.

So happy to have those pots and pans, our old ones were taking quite the beating.  Another one of those "I know they need to be replaced but we need to pay this off or buy that before we do this" type of scenario. 


I say a huge thank you to all of those involved in making this beautiful gift a reality.  I don't know exactly who all was involved, but you are amazing.  I never in a million years expected that.  I still don't see myself as a "super" Mom.  I'm just a mom doing the best I can to take care of my children, loving them and raising them the best I can.  Like any other mom out there.  We all have our trials and hard times.  Our ups and our downs.  I guess that makes us all SUPER MOMS. 
A quick photo my husband snapped
of me with all the new wonderful Mothers
Day gifts I received today.  Thank you
so very much to everyone who
had a hand in this! It really really means a lot!

This has been a pretty special month around our home.  My little sister graduates high school on Friday, and my daughter and I will be going to see her graduate, we can't wait! I am very proud of her and the young woman she has become. 

My daughter lost her very first tooth this month as well.  The Tooth Fairy made her first visit to our home and my daughter was 110% thrilled.  Even if the Tooth Fairy THOUGHT she had $3 gold dollars only to realize as she went to slip them under the pillow in the tooth pouch that she ONLY had $2 in  gold dollars.  My daughter didn't care.  She woke us all up at 4 in the morning to tell us that the Tooth Fairy had left her quarters.  Really?  Quarters? If I had known it was going to be that easy...and cheap...sheesh.  She nearly gave me a heart attack when she came bursting into the bedroom to show me and tell me that her tooth was gone and money had been left.  She even woke up the hamster to tell him (not that he cared). 

Right after her tooth came out (well after it stopped bleeding
and Mommy was brave enough to venture into the room
to snap a quick picture)


That night before bed holding her tooth pouch we made
and holding a letter she wrote to the Tooth Fairy (who
wrote a letter back to her on a tiny little note
that she carefully placed in the pouch with
the  gold coins)
She still has a tooth that doesn't want to fall out and it has an adult tooth growing in behind it so a dentist appointment was made.  Again, her little teeth had a perfect exam.  Healthy teeth, no cavities.  A little crowded on the bottom (like her Mommy's teeth) and one of her top teeth has an extra cuspid on it (like her Daddy has on that same tooth), but otherwise perfect and cavity free. The dentist said that tooth will come out soon if she wiggles it like crazy so have been telling her to wiggle and wiggle and wiggle as much as she can.

I never realized until all of this just how much loose tooth give me goose bumps and bug me.  I just cannot do loose teeth.  Some people can't handle blood and stuff, I apparently get creeped out over my child having loose teeth.  A friend was over and she's the one who helped Kams pull out her tooth! Kams was all like "do it do it" and my friend was like "ok I'm going to pull it out are you ready?"  I had to leave the room.  Nope.  That was too much for me! It didn't phase me at all when I was little!

Congrats on losing your first tooth my sweet daughter! You are just growing up far too quickly. 

My daughters preschool graduation is tomorrow night.  I'll be at work but my husband will be able to make it.  I'm devastated I won't be able to attend but there will be lots of photos taken (or there BETTER BE for my husbands sake)!

My husband is finishing up his college finals this week, and he couldn't be happier!

We've been attempting to mow our lawn for like a week now.  To no avail.  Our mower got stolen last fall and it is very irritating.  Every mower we get ahold of...has issues and won't mow worth a darn.  So our yard has been mowed once.  I hate hate hate an untrimmed yard.  I feel people should take the time to mow their yard, and weed eat and make it look nice and neat and trim.  I think over grown grass is trashy and can't stand it.  So my yard is driving me bananas right now.  I'm about to pay someone to come mow my yard and do the trimming until we get our own mower up and going.

I'm actually going to try and do a garden this year, IF the weather cooperates.  Everytime I think I can get started it gets below freezing again and threatens to snow (yes even in the first part of MAY how messed up is that)? So I've yet to start any gardening.

Work is going fine...cept I wish they'd give me more hours.  This tad bit of work here and there is just not what I want.  I need/want hours! Why they hired me if they weren't going to let me work, I don't know.  I just know it's getting frustrating. 

Anyway, I think I will get the coffee pot ready to start in the morning and try to get myself to bed early tonight. 

Mae