
Step one:
Mommy painstakingly lays out an outfit before she goes to bed at night. Taking into CAREFUL consideration the types of fabrics and things her young fashionista...hates.
Step two:
Mini fashionista wakes up...and gives moms choice in clothing 2 thumbs down. *sigh* Sooo with great speed and agility young fashionista attacks the laundry basket looking for a "proper" outfit that she can wear to school. Because obviously mom is off her rocker if she expect her daughter to wear comfy jeans and a plain old boring black tshirt to school (especially TODAY) apparently....
Step three:
Pick gray skinny jeans, with snazzy little zippers at the ankle, and MUST find a belt to go with said jeans (tear through closet before finally deciding to steal her brothers belt...)
Step four:
Choose a really cute shirt...only to find to young diva's dismay...the shirt is slightly too big in all the wrong places, as said child says "Mommy...I have BOOBS now..." Nice.
Step five:
Choose a different shirt, of similar style, but fits perfect.
Step six:
Dig through shoes at front door to find her favorite "Yeehaw" boots (complete with little rhinestones). Carefully tuck skinny jeans into the boots.
Step seven:
Bring Mommy the brush and hair ties and detangler spray giving Mommy CAREFUL instructions on how to propery braid her hair the way a cowgirl wears it. (While Mommy braids your hair you show your mommy all the silly ways you can burp, and showing Mommy how Monkey's burp...yep...) Nice.
Step eight: (We are on 8 now right?)
Minutes before the bus comes she says "Mommy take my picture, I'm so POSH" Then proceed to pose a million different ways like a mini super model (only blaming yourself for having the camera in her face from the moment she was born....you only have your self to blame mom! You have created a monster...)
Step nine:
Give daughter camera briefly so she can "get a picture of you" just as the bus pulls up and said 5 year old is snapping photos of your BUTT while you are helping little brothers get their jackets on and zipped and back packs on (while little diva laughs like a maniac at mommy's butt she's taking pictures of....) Kids all finally get on bus....Mommy looks through camera pictures to find way too many photos of her own jammied tush that WILL be deleted LOL
Step 10:
Little Diva has to stop and show bus driver her ENTIRE outfit and tell her she's a posh cowgirl today, and make sure to point out rhinestones on the boots.
That my friends, is how a 5 and a half year old self proclaimed Diva Posh Fashionista Princess, gets ready for school.
Mommy is now already exhausted and needs some Ibuprofen now, and some coffee.
She was so much easier to dress when she was a baby. She didn't put up a fuss, she just wore what Mommy put on her, but I must admit, I had FUN dressing my DAUGHTER. I didn't dress her all girly and stuff 24/7 but I did doll her all up from time to time. She was never dressed the same on a daily basis, she had a different "style" going on nearly every day. Now when we were at home just us, she could stay in her jammies, or a diaper, or just run around nakey (omg she had the LONGEST nakey streak EVER thought she'd NEVER out grow it!!)
Now she won't be caught without clothes, shoes, bows, head bands, rings, necklaces, purses, belts....she loves everything...but hats. She is not a fan of hats.
OH and can't forget lip gloss and nail polish.
I already told her that the day before the last day of school we can "dye" the last inch or two of her hair any bright color she wants (Kool aid "hair coloring") she is SUPER excited to have PINK tips.
How did this girl get so darn big? Seems like just the other day I was racing her around the house to change her diaper! Now? She doesn't "Need" her Mommy anymore. Oh sure I still get to do SOME things, but she doesn't need me to help dress her, and apparently she doesn't need mommy's assistance picking out her clothes anymore. She's just such a big girl!
Now her baby brothers are turning 4 in a couple of weeks. Oh my goodness. Time flies. SLOW DOWN just a little bit guys! At this rate they are going to be in college the next time I blink!




I sat down and cried a few days ago. Marshall and Keegan and Kams were all snuggled up on my lap and we were watching a movie together. The kids were taking turns giving me hugs and kisses going "I love you Mommy" and I would say "I love you" and they would say "Huh uh I LOVE YOU Mommy" I would tell them "I love you MORE" and they would say "No we love YOU more" and so on and on it went. I loved it. Too soon they aren't going to want to sit on Mommy's lap and snuggle I won't get all those hugs and kisses, they will be teenagers before I know it, and will just roll their eyes at me and tell me how I don't "get it" and that I'm "embarassing" them. *sigh* Why do they have to grow up so quickly?
Soon I have to take Kams in to register her for Kindergarten! Really? KINDERGARTEN? ACK! That came up quickly! I will cry my eyes out the first day she goes to kindergarten, just like I did her first day of preschool!! It's hard to "let go" just a little bit at each big milestone they hit...but you have to, just a little. Or you will drive yourself crazy, and them too!
The fact is, kids don't stay small forever, they grow up, and it happens way too quickly. I love watching them grow and turn into the amazing little ones they are, I never imagined Kams would be the way she is now. I was never really sure HOW my kids would be as they grew up, I just knew I was going to love them and support them and help them grow secure in who they are and let their personalities shine through. Far too many children do NOT get that chance to grow up, so every day, every second every moment is a blessing!
Good day.
Love, an exhausted mom and it's not even 9am yet....
Mae


