Gay rights. Allowing gay couples to marry.
Oh boy, the opinions being bulstered all over Facebook (and I'm sure Twitter and the blogosphere) are insane.
I have a rough time with this one.
I KNOW the Bible says that marriage is for a man and a woman. However, the Bible also says to love others and not to judge others, that only God can judge.
So I really have a hard time with this. I have plenty of friends and family who are gay or bisexual. I do not feel threatened by these people and they are some of the kindest people that I know. They deserve to be happy just like my husband and I do, don't they?
I do not think these people are evil, or of the devil or whatever some people feel about them. They are nornal people, just like my husband and I. They have families, jobs, hobbies, dreams, friends...etc. They just love someone of the same gender.
I do not feel that I should tell them who to love, or how to love, or that they can or cannot be married. That is something that they should decide. I cannot judge these people, that is God's job to judge those as he sees fit.
It's just something that is hard for me, I cannot make a definitive decision on which way to lean. In the end...does it matter what my "opinion" is. For all it's worth, it doesn't really matter what I think.
I cannot force other people to believe what I believe or change who they are, and I wouldn't even if I could. I do not feel that forcing others into things is the way to do things. I feel people should be free to be who they want to be.
I have lots of friends who are very supportive of this and I have friends who are totally against it. I see both of their sides. Myself? I'm...riding the fence I guess. I just don't know what to think.
The other thing in the news that frightens me more than gay marriage or no gay marriage, is what is going on in N. Korea. THAT concerns me far greater than anything else. I have 3 small children whom I love and care for with all my heart, and the fear of a nuclear attack? Scares the living shit out of me (pardon the language) but it is true. Now, I have been trying to follow along with the news without trying to get sucked into mass hysteria or anything. Honestly, it is ON the news but it doesn't seem to be the ONLY news (I don't have cable so I don't know I only see what's online and from what I can tell they are making celebrities more important than the whole N.Korea nuclear threat situation.)
I don't know how many of you have seen the 1983 movie "The Day After". I watched this movie a looong time ago, and it scared the pants off of me then, and watching it tonight (probably NOT the smartest move I've ever made) just brought back all those frightening thoughts. I know the movie is a year older than I am, but seriously, it's far too "real" to me. All of the times in the past year with the whole "end of the world" crap I've scoffed and laughed and poked some fun at some of the stuff, and watched things about the whole Mayan calendar and wasn't worried about it. Honestly though? A half crazed country with nuclear weapons that has a grudge against the U.S. just keeps my stomach in knots.
I don't know what would be worst. Following the news and knowing what's going on, or not following the news and not having a clue what's going on and then something actually happening. Sometimes I think no knowledge of things is much better and easier than knowing anything at all.
Either way, all we can do is pray and let our family know we love them and pray some more and just live our lives the way God wants us too.
Thus far...those are really the only two things in the news I know anything about. Other than the man who won the power ball and is using the money to help his family. That's about all I know!
At home, we've just been doing some spring cleaning, that's always a great time. We've also been doing some Easter crafts. Today the kids made some little bunny crafts out of paper egg cartons, they are pretty adorable. We have little froggy crafts to make yet to. We're definetely ready for spring at our house!
Tomorrow will be exactly a month until the boys turn 4 years old. Time is flying by!
Keegan recently had his MIBG scan and he was NO GLOW! Which is fantastic news, that means he now officially starts going for scans every 6 months. That's a big step for our big guy! His MIBG Scan is around 45min long and he did the whole scan UNsedated for the first time!! That is a HUGE deal. He can now do his CT scan and MIBG scan with no sedation.



This past weekend we were pretty busy. Saturday Kams and I attended a Mother/Daughter tea party, later that evening Keegan and I attended a Cancer Survivor Appreciation Dinner, and after that our whole family went to a kids concert (Mr. Stinky Feet, Jim Cosgrove, look up on Facebook). The kids LOVED IT and had a fantastic time. It was a great Saturday. Kams even got to see Miss Missouri 2012, that was a pretty big deal for her. At the concert our whole family got to go up on stage (with several other families) and join the act, it was a great time! The kids even got to take their photo with Mr. Stinky Feet.






We also had some wonderful friends visiting us this past week/weekend. I have been friends with Rachael for nearly 10 years and we've never met. Behold the power of the internet! We met on a blogging site (Yahoo 360, gosh how I miss that site!) Somehow we ended up friends and then Facebook friends. She's my age and we've just watched each others families grow over the years. I was thrilled whenever they came to visit! We had a great time visiting, we went bowling the kids had never been before and they had a great time. Found out Kams is quite the natural bowler! She scored a 95 and rarely used the bumpers! Marshall is a pretty good bowler too, he takes it seriously though. Keegan had a great time rolling the ball down the lane! We made cupcakes and played games on the Kinect. My sons have decided they are going to marry Lex (my friends daughter). Well...there is just an 8 year age difference ha! Sorry boys, but she does have a little sister that's just a year YOUNGER than you. Our friends left early on Saturday morning, and then the craziness started!







On Friday we had HUUUUGE issues with the plumbing/sewage. Not cool. We went to do laundry and suddenly we had poo water shooting out of the sinks, toliet, and bath tubs. NOT FUN!!!
Talk about a MESS!! I was about to blow my top. The plumber came out and fixed things, all was well. (So we thought...)
Saturday morning rolls around (and after our friends left to go back to Oklahoma) and I put in a load of laundry aaaaand....poo water backing up AGAIN!!! I flipped. I had to get my kids in the tub so we could go about our VERY busy day. That did NOT happen. Called the landlord again and the plumber came back and did a "quick fix" Uuuugh. Not a good fix. But atleast poo water is not in my house anymore and I'm able to do laundry, dishes, and bathe my kids. Ontop of it all? We got another snow storm.
So what does that mean? The plumber can't come back out until the SNOW is gone. When he comes back out he'll be digging up our yard (yaaay....) but if it means fixing the sewage issues DO IT! UGH!!! Atleast the snow is melting pretty quickly, so that means the plumber can come sooner!
So Saturday was crazy, so I was glad the kids and I got out of the house for awhile and had some fun. We needed that, I needed that so my sanity stayed in one piece. There's only so much poo water shooting out of your toliet and tub that one mom can take. Thank goodness my husband is an awesome guy and took care of everything.
Still waiting for the weather to warm up, I'm tired of the snow storms, but they are beautiful at first, I'll give them that much.
I'm waiting for some greener and warner weather, that's also very beautiful!
Mae
