Tonight I did a project for the kids, they were technically supposed to help with it but they all lost interest and wanted to go play with the hot wheels after supper.
Fair enough.
So I sat down at the kitchen table with my construction paper and scissors and set about doing my latest activity. I was supposed to use the hand prints of the kids (they would have fit on the freezer door better!) but that didn't happen so I had to use my own hand prints.
I turned our fridge into the cover of a Dr. Seuss book. I turned it into the cover of "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" The kids were excited when they came into the kitche and saw the fridge and that it matched one of their favorite books.

I then proceeded to tell them that THIS was the project I was attempting to get them to help me with, but they didn't want to. THEN they were disappointed they hadn't gotten to help.
Snooze, ya lose. Maybe next time they'll want to help.
Not sure what book theme we'll do next, but we'll do something! I kind of love the idea of turning our fridge into the cover of a child's book once a week! It's a great way to have a themed learning week and something for the kids to focus on that week.
I recently purchased some dry erase learning books at the store. The kids really enjoying practicing their letters, numbers, simple math, and shapes and colors. Very proud of how hard they work and how bright they are!
We're still waiting for all of this snow to melt, yuck. Supposedly we're still supposed to get MORE snow this weekend, BOOOOO!!!! NOT looking forward to more snow. Where's my sunshine? Where's my warmer weather? WHERE OH WERE!
I'm just going to go hibernate until spring actually decides to arrive.
Mae
