Thursday, November 1, 2012

No Tricks Just Treats!

So we ended up having a really nice Halloween.  The kids got way too much candy but I guess in their eyes that's a great thing.  I give the candy a week and whatever is left, gets pitched, or preferably donated to a candy program as I feel bad just tossing it away.

Here are some pics of the kids in their costumes, couldn't get Kams to wear the glasses with her costume but that was ok.
She was Fancy Nancy from her favorite children's book. 
Though she got tired of explaining who she was.  Much to her
disdain no one in this town knew who she was talking about.  She was
sooooo annoyed with people for not knowing her Fancy Nancy was. 
Poor kid.  Atleast the librarians knew EXACTLY who she was, they loved her
costume, which Kams was THRILLED. 
Mr Marshall my handsome Captain America.  Marshall is just so
cute and proud of his Captain America costume. Today he wants to keep
wearing the mask and packing around the shield.
My little Spiderman Keegan.  He really loved being Spiderman and
with all of the climbing he did yesterday he was REALLY in
charachter! We had to do a bit of surgery on his mask though. 
He didn't like it covering his face so he looks more like a
Ninja Spiderman. 


Captain America Marshall, Spiderman Keegan, and Fancy Nancy Kamilah all ready for some trick or treating!

Marshall, Kamilah, me, my niece Faith, and Keegan all ready for Halloween!

Marshall, Keegan, Aunt Ashley, Faith, and Kamilah all ready for Halloween!

Marshall, Keegan and Kamilah, let's go get some candy!
 
We hit up the communities Trick or Treat Trail down town again this year and that's where the kids got their huge candy haul! So much candy, it was crazy.

We then went to "Octoberfest" which is a free community event that is put on by a Church here in town and it is HUGE.  Wow, there were a LOT of people there and a lot of games and activities.  The kids had a really great time.  Though we had to divide and conquer! Kams went with me, Keegan with with his Daddy, and Marshall went with Aunt Ashley, that way we could hit up as many games and fun things as possible.  Apparently Keegan's favorite thing was the blow up wall that the kids could climb, it was tall.  Keegan climbed all the way to the top and when he was told it was time to come down, he just jumped off to the bouncy floor.  Nearly gave his Daddy a heart attack and the guy running the thing! The guy said in all his years of doing that, no kid that age had ever just JUMPED from the top of the thing.  That's my Keegan.  Ever the dare devil.  I'm glad I didn't witness it, because I probably would have literally had a heart attack! Keegan thought it was so hilarious and wanted to do it again. 

Marshall is quite the little putt putt golfer, he had a lot of fun with that game! Kams is a genuis at the ring toss.  Kams, Marshall and I had fun getting a silly photo taken at the photo booth. Kams got her nails painted and a butterfly painted on her nails.  Free hot dogs, chips, and bottled water, and again...lots and lots of candy.  *gack* I'm all  candied out! Ok soooo maybe I can eat just ONE more mini twix bar.....or one more mini snickers.

Trying to get the hang of putt putt golf
Marshall waiting patiently for his big sister to get her face painted. 
Still waiting on his sister...
Sissy got her hand painted instead, a pretty butterfly.

Marshall my little putt putt golfer, he did really good!

My little ring toss queen!
My niece Faith looked adorable in her Owl costume that I worked so hard on! She's such a cutie. Everone Ooooh'd and aaaawed over how cute she was.  It was cute to see how proud my sister in law was of her little girl's first Halloween.  I was happy everyone thought her costume was so cute on her!

Cutest little owl I've ever seen taking a nap in a nest! Thankfully
she decided to take a nap right when it was time to
take her costume photos! Much more cooperative ha!

 
 
 

First time trick or treating!

 
I'm watching you Aunt Mae Mae, no stealing my candy.
When it came to trick or treating Kams meant BUSINESS.  There was no slowing down it was getting to one place, get the candy, get to the next place.  She didn't have time to wait for anyone else she was on a mission, a candy mission! Marshall and Keegan however were a little bit slower and were too busy looking around, but were still on a mission, though a bit slower than their sister.  We had to keep telling her to SLOW DOWN and wait on everyone else but she was impatient.
They were having a blast collecting candy!

They were very police and said TRICK OR TREAT and please and thank you.
They loved seeing everyone all dressed up.
Standing with Grandma Ann, Aunt Ashley, cousin Faith, Kamilah, Marshall and Keegan look forward to getting more candy!

We helped a bit with the Animal Shelter table at the Trick or Treat Trail.  That was fun seeing all of the kids all dressed up stopping by the table getting their candy, and all of the cute dogs too!
Two of my favorite people that volunteer at the animal shelter, these ladies are awesome! Never a dull moment with them!


Shawnda, stealing candy from babies? Tsk tsk shame on you! Santa is watching!


As we were leaving the Octoberfest at the local college there was a guy dressed as a werewolf trying to scare people as the came out the doors (come on it's Halloween you have to have a good scare!) He jumped out at Keegan and my husband.  One of several things COULD have happened when the guy did this.  First of all my husband (who scares far too easily and has a bad ticker) could have had a heart attack or a seizure or something).  Second of all Keegan is not a child that you sneak up on and scare unless you want him to punch you in the face or if you are a guy...in the nuts.  Keegan swings firsts when scared and asks questions later.  He doesn't put up with things scaring him, he attacks them right back.  So the Werewolf is lucky that none of those 2 things happened.  Instead?  As soon as the werewolf tried to scare him, Keegan grinned a HUGE smile and ran at the werewolf and HUGGED him.  The guy in the mask looked at my husband and said in a muffled voice "well that's never happened before! Usually they cry and run away!"  So needless to say the guy behind the mask thought Keegan was an alright little man.  Marshall thought the Werewolf was certainly awesome too.  Kamilah was off in her own little world and it took her forever to even realize he was there, when she did finally see him she stared for like 2 minutes then finally went "Aaah" and that was it.  Even when the were wolf ran at her and tickled her and pretended to eat her.  She didn't get scared or cry or run away. Just eye balled him like he was completely psychotic running around in a rubber mask. 
Keegan with the wickedly awesome werewolf! Look at that boys smile!

Look at Marshall's big grin as he stands with the spook spectacular were wolf!
Today was school picture day so that was fun, Halloween before school pictures? Fantastic.  We ended up over sleeping and had to rush around getting them dressed. Thankfully I had everything completely ready the night before! WHEW!

I got a phone call from the school that Keegan had thrown up during school pictures.  Uh oh.  But atleast he waited until AFTER his picture was done and he still managed a handsome smile for his pictures!


Not suprised considering the amount of candy the boy ate yesterday, then at 4am I heard a noise and woke to find Keegan devouring candy (at 4am) fantastic.  Ugh.  Even put the candy up high and hid it and he still got to it so apparently we didn't do as good as we thought we did putting it up!

So he had a tummy full of candy for school today.  He's been fine ever since he got home just ate too much candy.  He has sworn off candy for awhile (good thing he's taking a nap at the moment and not seeing that his brother and sister are munching on some candy).  OH and maybe Mommy swiped a Twix and a couple of mini snickers....maybe.  I'm not saying I DID, but I'm not denying it either.

I really like the little mini candy bars instead of the full size ones or king size ones.  The bigger the candy bar it's just too much for me.  I only want a little bit of chocolate and sugar thank you. 

We are now getting ready for Thanksgiving and I'm so excited! I get to host Thanksgiving at my house like usual and I cannot wait.  I'm so excited! Can't wait for Christmas too, exciting! My other sister in law that is in Colorado is supposed to be coming to visit too for the first time in a couple of years.  I hope she's actually able to make it. I hope my Mother, stepdad and little sister are able to make it as well. 

I have all kinds of exciting things planned! I just hope they pan out for Thanksgiving and Christmas, we'll see! I love to host holidays! This will be our 2nd Thanksgiving and Christmas at our home. 

I'll be babysitting here in a few minutes so I better speed things up a bit.  The kids are looking forward to having friends over to play with!

Mae