Anyway, it's November a month to be THANKFUL. I'm in a thankful mood, yet at the same time NOT in a thankful mood. I'm thankful for soooo MANY MANY things but then....there are several things I AM NOT thankful for. Trying to stick to those positives that I am thankful for because they are the ones that really truly matter. I started listing them on facebook once daily, but got side tracked around the time of Keegan's scans. Sooo I'll list them here, just because it's easier.
I am THANKFUL FOR:
- Terrific friends, who make me laugh, hug me when I am sad, encourage me when I'm feeling down, who are always there when I need them, and seem to always know what to say. Friends who I can be silly around and act like myself around. Thank you for being there for me, I have so many wonderful friends!
- Terrific Family, who cares, who listens, who is always there when I need them, and no matter how much we may bicker or complain about each other at the end of the day? We're still family and we still care about each other no matter how different we are from each other. We didn't get to choose who our family was, and there are a few nuts here and there (hahaha) but we're family and that is all that matters, family is so very important!
- I am thankful for wonderful doctor's and nurses that take such wonderful care of Keegan during all of his scans and appointments, the Children's Hospital has been wonderful to Keegan and our family since 2009, I don't know what we'd do without them! They have been amazing and we love every single nurse and doctor that has worked with Keegan (and Marshall and Kams too as they've all been seen by a doctor there whether it befor Marshall's seizures, or for the boys' ear tubes, or for their allergies/eczema issues) we've had great doctors!
- I am thankful for coffee. Because some days...that's what gets me going and keeps me going! LOL
- I am thankful for the huge Childhood Cancer support network I've met through Facebook and Caringbridge, thank you all so much for always praying for Keegan and loving our family through everything. I know that when I need someone who truly understands what we are going through I can depend on you guys, and you all mean so very much to me! I love you all dearly.
- Thankful for Netflix. I love it. That is all.
- Music. Without it, some days I swear I'd lose my sanity.
- My camera and photography, It's always been something I loved but was always unsure about and I felt akward even thinking about doing anything with it, but with gentle nudging...kicking from some great friends they've gottem me into it more and I'm glad they have, I really enjoy it.
- So very VERY VERY VERY EXTREMELY THANKFUL that Keegan's scans are all CLEAR and he is STILL NED!! This is the BEST news, the BEST thing that I am thankful for. If I could this would be every single # on my list of things I am thankful for!!!
- Thankful for my healthy baby niece whom I love and adore! I'm so happy to have her in the family and so glad I get to see her and hold her and snuggle her and watch her grow. Thankful for my nephews too and wish I got to see them more often!
- Thankful for MY children, whom without them....my life would be boring. My life would be missing so much if they were not in it. I would not have nearly as much love and hope and joy in my life if their sweet smiling faces were not here. The sound of their laughinger and squeals of delight as they run racing through the house playing, are the sweetest sounds I'll ever hear (other than their first cries when they were born! Nothing tops those sweet sounds!). My beautiful children who I am so blessed to have in my life who never give me a dull moment! It is an extreme honor and privledge to watch and help them grow up. They are so amazing and spectacular my life is forever changed because they are in it.
- For my husband, who isn't perfect nor do I want him to be perfect, because perfect is boring. I love him the way he is. He is the man I fell in love with and married, the father of our children. The man who always has my back when I need someone. He's always in my corner cheering me on. I'm thankful every day for my husband. I see the way so many other women struggle with their husbands and boyfriends and all they go through and I am thankful that I am not in those situations.
- I am thankful for the oppurtunites to do the volunteer work that I do, I have met many wonderful people! I look forward to doing much more. You never know where volunteer oppurtunities will lead you it is a wonderful experience and a way to give back to others.
- I am thankful for artistic ability, without it I don't know what I'd do! I love being able to create things for my family and friends!
- I am thankful for my Kindle and books, I love to read, and this keeps books right at my finger tips!
- (I'll go ahead and do tomorrow's Thankful too) I am thankful for Candles and fall scents. I Love the smells of the fall candles and the smell of the crisp fall air and the smell of the crunchy leaves. The smells of fall calm and soothe my heart and soul.
I spent my afternoon baking dozens of cookies for a cookie party I am going to on Sunday with a bunch of really fun ladies that I am thankful to get to meet and hang out with. Sounds like it should all be a lot of fun! LOL Hopefully they like my cookies. The baking gene seems to have skipped over me. I cannot seem to bake without covering myself and my kitchen in a nice layer of flour or powdered sugar. But atleast the cookies or other items I'm baking turn out pretty good. Cept for a couple of batches of cookies today that got a bit...erm...crispy.
I made snickerdoodles for the first time today, and WOW they are so yummy, and really not as difficult to make as I thought they might be. I might end up making a 2nd batch of them just for my family. Though my kids didn't really seem to care for them so much, they prefered my flourless peanut butter cookies (3 ingredients, easy easy easy to make) and they taste delicious with a big ol' tall glass of milk!
I always double the recipe so I do:
2 cups peanut butter (one creamy and one chunky)
2 eggs
2 cups powdered sugar
I mix the powdered sugar and eggs together first, and then slowly add in the powdered sugar until it is a thick dough. Then I drop the peanut butter onto a cookie sheet by spoonfuls and then press down with a fork dipped in regular sugar and bake in the oven on 350 for about 10min, when you take them out of the oven they will still look soft like they aren't done but as they cool they will get harder (not rock hard but not squishy and smooshy). They are really peanut buttery and delicious, and like I said taste great with a glass of milk, and with using a cup of chunky peanut butter in there as well, it gives it a nice texture and taste!
Plus it's freaking easy to make and the kids can totally help with it too. One of their favorite recipes to make!
Tonight I made ham and beans for dinner, my husband's favorite meal to eat. So they cooked on the stove all day while I worked on cookies. Then Keegan came in the kitchen and helped me bake up a home made pan of corn bread, he wanted to crack the eggs...he did ok...but he suprised me! He cracked the egg...then squeezed it and egg went all over as well as a bit of egg shell! I must have gotten all the egg shell out because no one bit into one, *whew*
Anyway time to go to bed, have to be up early in the moring!
Mae
