Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Big 5

It's official, my baby girl.  My first born child has turned 5 years old on me.  Oh my goodness.  THAT does not seem possible.  Just cannot be so! I swear it seems like just yesterday she was that little baby I brought home from the hospital! Now she's all "growed up" (ok not quite all grown up but she has grown up so much in that 5 years!!) 

Every day she absolutely amazes me.  I'm humbled by just being her Mommy.  That God blessed me with her.  I love being her Mommy.  She's the sweetest, silliest, smartest, kindest little girl I've ever met.  She loves animals big and small, she always wants to help others and be there for them.  She protects her little brothers and never passes up a chance to give her Mommy and Daddy the biggest and sweetest hugs and kisses ever.  She'll run up and randomly wrap those sweet little arms around us and proclaim "I LOVE YOU, YOU ARE MY AWESOME MOMMY (or Daddy)"  And we just hug her right back and tell her "I LOVE YOU, YOU ARE MY AWESOME KAMILAH!" 

A couple days before her birthday, her and I went out with her Grandma and Aunt and her brothers and her cousin and we went to a few places so I could take her 5th birthday pictures, I love them they are some of my favorite photos of her.  So I thought I'd share...a "few" of my favorites. 

Brand new birthday outfit from her Grandma, she loves it. 
 
This outfit is Kams own creation and she loves it and never
wants to take it off. 
 
 
Her favorite hair bow, made out of Hello Kitty
duct tape, I bought it at a craft store while
on a road trip and she always wants to wear it.
 
Kams with her brand new bike and helmet. 
Her favorite thing to do is ride her bike, all day
every day if I would let her.  She says she's ready to
try no training wheels now. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
One of my favorites! I love the
shadow behind her, it looks like
a horse, which fits her
very well.  I think a horse
or a wolf/dog would be her
"spirit" animal. 
 
My favorite picture.  My beautiful little girl!!!!
 
They grow up too fast!
 

 
 
She says that shadows are really really cool. I have to agree,
especially when it's her cute little shadow!
She is a very awesome little girl.  I'm so proud of her. Even when she's not listening, and yes even when we're all outside playing and she gets tired of her little brother going in and out of the house so she decides to "help" and lock the front door and locks us all outside for nearly 2 hours as we try to figure out how to get back in....yep.  Still love her even with that too.  (Yep, true story that happened just a couple days ago! It's funny now, but it wasn't funny then, and yes she's still grounded). 

For Kams 5th birthday rather than getting birthday presents she wanted to get presents for her friends at the animal shelter.  She asked her friends and family to bring her items to donate to the animal shelter and she has quite the little collection of doggy items to take in on Friday.  She really loves helping those dogs (and the random cat she scoops up and brings home!).  She's a wonderful animal advocate and she's only 5 years old!
Friday is the Homecoming Parade, and our local animal shelter we help at is in the parade, and my daughter is very excited (yes I'm excited too! I love parades!) She even has her very own rescue animal shirt to wear in the parade (forget school spirit lol no just kidding! We support our school too!)

So while my daughter was celebrating her 5th birthday, my little niece was  turning 2 months old! Wow! Cannot believe it has been 2 months since she was born.  She's a darling little  girl.  My mother in law and sister in law stayed with us for nearly a week and I got to snuggle and love on that sweet little baby girl! It definetely made me remember how much I LOVE newborns, but also how much I DO NOT WANT another tiny baby.  That I'm happy where I am right now with my 3 kids.  My sanity could not handle another newborn child plus 2 toddlers and a preschooler.  Nope.  In the mean time I'll be snuggling and enjoying my newborn niece any chance I get.  Here are a few photos I took of her while she was visiting!
 
 
 
 
 

While my family was visiting we took the kids to a Fall Festival here in town, well 2 of the 3 kids went.  Poor Keegan was sick that day and fell asleep and so he stayed home with Daddy (which is good because he didn't need to be out and about anyway since being sick!).  Kams and Marshall had a great time at the festival, we didn't get to stay the whole time though because we had to go pick up Kams cake and finish prepping for her birthday party that day but we did have a lot of fun. Speaking of birthday cake, here's another photo of it, and some fun at the festival. 
 


I love fall, it's my favorite time of the year.  Leaves changing colors, the moon, the smells, the feel of the air, the birds flying south, bon fires, and cooler temps.  Love it.  Here are a few of my favorite fall photos so far. 
 
 
 

The kids are still really enjoying school which makes me so happy! They are always so excited to go every morning and love showing me what they've made at school and what they have learned.  I love their excitement for school. 

For her birthday Kams got a hamster and the boys got a beta fish.  I'm going back for a hermit crab (it's something I have always always always wanted).  Kams LOVES her hamster that she has named "Rhino" (Yes like from BOLT her favorite dog movie, well besides Beethoven which she got 1 & 2 for her birthday!)

She's a happy sweet little girl.  Can't believe it's been 5 years. 

Above:  My sweet little girl the day she was born, literally just minutes
after being born! She was a week and a half over due,
she REFUSED to come out, had to have a C Section. 
She was 8lbs 2.8oz and 20in long. 
 
And my beautiful little girl now! 5 years old
and so smart and sweet! ;)  I'll forgive her
for being a week and a half over due and
refusing to come out LOL Hahaha. 

She'll always be my little girl!!

Mae