Friday, April 27, 2012

Rawr! Cupcakes and Gum Drops

I spent today hanging out with my two amazing little 3 year old sons as we celebrated their birthday at home today with family.  We played, watched TV, and I also worked on their birthday cakes with my friend.  SOOO glad I had a friend to help with the cakes this time! Made things a LOT easier. 

I had a mini frosting melt down when I couldn't get the darn cake and frosting to cooperate. I'm not a baker.  I enjoy baking.  I enjoy making cakes and decorating....but that does NOT mean I am GOOD at it.  However, I do my very best.  That's all that matters. Love, sweat and tears goes into making these cakes...but mainly love. 

I was planning on making some dino shaped cookies, but in hindsight I decided there was already enough sugar and sweets involved with the cakes.  Plus, I'm too pooped to go about making home made sugar cookies, and the ants are already trying to invade my kitchen.  Intruducing more sweet, sticky goodies for them to try and attack is probably not a very good idea.  I had really wanted to do the dino shaped cookies though, but just not feeling it.

I had mentioned in a previous post the cakes I was planning on making for the boys' party this weekend.  They were fairly simple to make, though I'm not sure how "good" you'd say mine came out, but I like them. Thus far the presentation is kind of lame, but I'm hoping I can spruce them up a bit tomorrow somehow.  We'll see.

Still have a few things I need to get done for the party....but I'm toooootally too tired to get it done.  So it might wait till early in the morning. That's ok though. I'll get it done.

Anyway, here are a few photos of the cakes that were made today! My friend and I had a lot of fun goofing around and making these cakes. 








Mae