Had to take my daughter to see her pediatrician today, she's got allergy issues and has been battling them all spring like her Mommy. Well she's recently started running a fever, and complaining of her ear and throat hurting, and lots of coughing. She got sent home from school early on Monday due to fever, and hasn't been back since, though she's been fever free for 24 hours now so I'm thinking she is good to go back to school.
The pediatrician says Kams has a sinus infection and has her on some antibiotics for it, so hoping she's back to herself again soon. Hate to see my little girl not feeling well, though by watching her run around the house you'd never have a clue she's even BEEN sick at all. Lots of energy, but due to not being fever free for 24 hours she couldn't go to school. Hopefully she is fever free in the morning.
Today I rode with a friend who does animal rescue. She needed someone to help her transport a couple of schnauzzer/terrier mix siblings that were in the shelter that someone adopted. We drove nearly 2 hours to meet these people half way, and then 2 hours back.
I think they will be great for these dogs! They are going to be spoiled and well taken care of. I'm so happy for them, I wish all shelter dogs were as lucky.
I really enjoy photographing the shelter dogs and other little dogs that I'm asked to photograph. I'm far from a professional that's for sure, but the photos are helping. Their furry little faces are getting out there, people are seeing them, and falling in love with these adorable fur babies and adopting them, bringing them into their homes. I'm helping, in a small way, to get these dogs out of the shelter. I'm so happy I can help them! It isn't too easy getting photos of shelter dogs. They are super wiggly, some are terrified, and getting them to stand still when most of them have lived on the streets and have had zero training can be frustrating, and time consuming but totally worth it! I'm glad I can help them.
When I got home I checked out my Facebook page and found a message from the staff that creates the "Imagine" Magazine for the Children's Hospital my sons go to for their medical needs. They asked me if I would like to create a letter to send in to the magazine sharing our positive experiences with the hospital. Of course I would love to share our positive experiences with the hospital! So I will be working on this letter tomorrow.
When I walked in the door after being gone for like nearly 5 hours today, I first was attacked by my 3 BEAUTIFUL babies who were so happy to see me. They were telling me what they had for supper. Daddy, made waffles. Home made waffles non the less for supper! With strawberries and blue berries, and blue berry syrup and cream cheese. Wow! Apparently, my kids ate a LOT of waffles too. Did anyone save me any? Ha, of course not. Their Daddy even let them help cook the waffles which they totally loved. I'm glad they had a good time with their Daddy while I was out of town this afternoon.
However, when I got home my husband told me I need to call back his mom. Which is fine. Until I heard WHY I apparently needed to call. Apparently, my husband's sisters husband (still with me?) wants to live with us. Uhm. No. Not happening.
My sister in law is pregnant, and having a stressful time so is living with her mom the last four months. So now her husband needs a place to live as he apparently, cannot stay there with them. I don't particularly want him here. They haven't exactly been a part of my children's lives. My kids don't know them. We have no where for him to sleep and I don't really want someone sleeping on my sofa. We only have ONE friend who is ever allowed to sleep on our sofa when he is needing a place to stay and that's because he's literally like a brother to me and is my husband's best friend, and he's been my kids uncle since they were all born. My sister in laws husband though? Nope. Not so much welcome to crash on my house.
First of all, my sister in law is having such drama issues right now it's not even funny. I don't want dragged into it. Her whole situation annoys me enough as is, don't even get me started. I really do not have any sympathy. Nor do I really care much to help them out (we've already bent over backwards and done a ton for them anyway which I don't mind because I don't want my future niece to go without, but at the same time she is not my responsibility to take care of. I have my own 3 children to provide for). I, personally, think her husband needs to stand up for his wife and take care of her, rather than expecting her to take care of him. But hey, what do I know. I just know that if he were to come stay with us for ANY amount of time, it'd be bad. I would NOT hold my tongue and I would rip into him and tell him EXACTLY what I thought about the ENTIRE situation. They all know this. So why ask us to let him live here??? Do they WANT me to ream him over the coals?
I hate family drama.
When it comes to drama and chaos, my husbands sisters (love them, I do, I promise!) they wrote the book on it! Especially one (the not pregnant one). I do love both of those girls dearly like they are sisters, but just sisters I'd like to smack around a little. Sisters in need of a good big sister but whoopin'. My husband, wow. He REALLY goes balistic when it comes to his sisters. He totally blows his top over the crap they pull and tries to wish they weren't his sisters. You can't choose who your family is and what they do! Heaven knows I have plenty of family members I can't stand. PLENTY of them.
My husband normally has issues with his sisters husband, so I'm having trouble understanding WHY he is actually ON BOARD with the man staying with us. I'm a little confuzzled. Of course I cannot ask my husband about it as it is "game night" with 4 of his friends (oh their "man drama" when it comes to game night is almost much worse than the family drama his sisters cause!) It's enough to drive a woman insane.
See why this blog is called dance of the animal cracker, and I call it an animal cracker circus? Yeh. It's crazy round here.
I just want it calm. Cool, and collected. Peaceful. Serene.
So tonight, and possibly tomorrow...and the rest of the weekend....I am avoiding my dear inlaws. Just not wanting to deal with this drama and crap right before my sons turn 3 years old. THIS is a time to celebrate MY SONS, not their crappy drama and mistake after mistake and things that do NOT concern me and should NOT concern me. That I don't want to be a part of. I'm celebrating the miracle, and awesomeness that are my twin sons. All of the joy and love they bring to my world. All of the amazing obstacles they've over come. They deserve this time. I'm not about to let my inlaws ruin that for my sons, and our family. Call me stingy. I don't do drama on my kids birthday, or anywhere close to their birthday's. I have ENOUGH things to plan and for their party and take care of without worrying about everyone else.
IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!
Anyway. To share some photos I've taken just becase. Then off to bed!
Mae (that's me Mahala btw the mom with a camera, nothing fancy or professional)
![]() |
| LOVE flowers. We were on a walk the other day and came across these in someones yard (near the side walk) |
![]() |
| They've been remodeling this old old theater for as long as I've lived in this town, and that's been nearly 10 years now! |
![]() |
| White camel from the petting zoo the other day |
![]() |
| Tortoise from the petting the other day |
![]() |
| Rail road. I hate trains. I don't care if I ever live in another town that has a train in it. However, my sons LOVE trains. |









