Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Field Trips, Halloween, Crafting, Life...and stuff.

It has been a pretty crazy month so far.  Been keeping really busy with doctor appointments, school events, babysitting, and a list too long to bother repeating.  Life has just been busy.  Can't really complain, I like it when things are busy.  However, I think the husband is seriously trying to do me in with stress.  He seems to know how to kill me with anxiety.  Not.  Cool. 

Anyway, I finally have a few photos done up for my daughters first field trip to a fairly local pumpkin patch.  She had a lot of fun and so did I, although I couldn't get her to take a photo with me (apparently that isn't cool to pose in a photo with your mom on a field trip, eh I tried anyway).  I did get a couple sneak shots of her with her father which is always nice, you don't find too many photos of them together either.

My husband kept trying to get our daughter to hold his hand and she was all like "uh NO Dad, I'd rather hold MOM'S hand"  Haha score one for me! Sure she wouldn't take a picture with me, but at least she would hold MY hand. 

She really enjoyed feeding the  goats and petting them.


They had a large tank with about 4 enormous cat fish that probably could have swallowed a few of the kindergartners in my daughters class whole.  BIG fish.


She had fun choosing a pumpkin to bring home.  She ended up with a decent sized one, and her father found one that looked like a butt..so of course he had to buy it extra and bring it home for our sons to share it (2 pumpkins for the price of one, he's such a cheap skate)

He also bought this LARGE and extremely HEAVY pumpkin to carve for our front porch.  How does a pumpkin THIS big (and pricey...) ride home?  Of course it rides home in style, all seat belted into the van! I didn't want that heavy sucker to go FLYING should I slam on the breaks suddenly or something.

Halloween costumes have been purchased.  However, Keegan made a last minute costume change, we were not able to find a red Power Ranger costume at the store we first looked at, and I know that is a pretty popular costume this year so I was like "Ehhh hey let's been a Ninja Turtle instead!"  He was like YAY! Sounds great.  So we bought said costume, he looks ADOOORABLE in it.  Two days later we go into ANOTHER store and what do I find?  A red Power Ranger costume.  *sigh*  Guess who ELSE sees it....yeh...lovely.  Too bad he was playing pirate with his brother and sister next to me in the aisle and had a plastic pirate sword.  Oh no.  I'm not going to argue with a 4 year old holding me at plastic pirate sword point...(ok so no he wasn't LITERALLY holding me at plastic sword point, but hey, I wasn't willing to take a chance, ok)?  So I got the Red Ranger costume for him (and it was half the price of the Ninja Turtle Costume).  Too bad we had already ripped the tags and stuff off of that costume, or the turtle would have made a hasty trip back to the store.  Alas, the turtle is now in the dress up bin.  Though I am trying to get Marshall to wear it.  Marshall is instead a "foot soldier" from the Ninja Turtles.  Ok well he's actually that black GI Joe Ninja guy from he new GI Joe movie (that I haven't seen yet so I have NO clue what I'm talking about, only what I read on the tag of the darn costume).  But Marshall insists he is a foot soldier from the Ninja Turtles.  You know...the bad guy.  Now that Keegan wants to be a Red Ranger, Marshall says his costume now makes him the black Power Ranger or one of the bad guys, either way he is happy.  Usually he wants to be Bat Man! My daughters costume...I'd rather not talk about as we ended up paying FAR more for it then I intended! Husband didn't bother to tell me about it till we were loading up the car after shopping, and would he let me take it back in and demand my money back?  Of course not.  So the child had better treat this dumb costume like gold.  I do NOT pay an arm and a leg for costumes! That is ridiculous.  Though, I will say...she makes one gosh darn adorable Snow White.


So for awhile now I've had a secret that I've been DYING to say, but couldn't.  I FINALLY was able to say something about it and it just has made my day.  Recently found out my little sister is expecting her first child, she is making me an Aunt again.  I love welcoming new babies into the family (especially when I'm not the one having them, because that ship has SAILED this mama does NOT want anymore children of her own)!  I will say, I wish her circumstances were a bit better, but a baby is a baby and deserves all of the love and support it can get, and I intend on being the bestest darn Auntie to little Peanut that I can.  I love being an Aunt!

I have a niece in Heaven who would be a year older than my daughter, I have 2 nephews (one who is a few months younger than my daughter, and one who is a year younger than my sons).  Those three children are from my stepsister.   I also have a nephew in Heaven, would be 3 years old I think this month. There is my sweet little niece Faith that I have mentioned before (They would be my sister in laws children).  She is 14 and a half months old right now.  Now my little sister is expecting.  I kinda hope my sisters baby is a little girl (though as long as it is healthy it doesn't matter)! That way I can have 3 nephews and 3 nieces total.  Although, it has been a while since there was a little boy born into the family! Either way the kid will certainly be loved and adored by plenty of family! I'm excited to meet little Peanut when the day comes for the arrival of this blessed little family member.

I don't get to see my little sister very often, so I was THRILLED at the unexpected chance to go visit her.  I adore my baby sister and wish her the best in mother hood.  It's not for the faint of heart that's for sure! HA! But I know she can do it, she's an amazing young woman.
You may have noticed in some photos, that my sons are both very blessed with a LOT of hair.  They kind of get that from their Mom, as I have thick locks of hair too.  Anyway, I love their hair and think it looks faaaaabulous.  However, it was getting a WEE bit out of control, and a bit unruuuly.  Not to mention they had no eyes.  All you saw, was hair.  Hair was everywhere.  I have no idea how they saw anything.  Don't get me wrong, it was adorable, but I wanted to see their BIG brown eyes and looong luscious lashes. 

The boy was just a  little TOO happy about his new hair cut and getting his picture taken!

More focused on Scooby Doo cartoon than letting Mommy get a picture.  Trust me, this was the best one I was going to get of him.  Silly boy.
 
Sooo a hair cut was in order.  They do not look like the same little boys that is for certain.  However they DO look absolutely adorable.  They have school pictures coming up next month, so we'll see how they turn out. Their hair will have grown out actually quite a bit by then! Marshall didn't want to be too cooperative for a photo this morning, he's kind of camera shy.  Keegan on the other can was a little TOO excited to have his picture taken this morning!  It's great to be able to see their big brown eyes again!

I was hoping to get 31 days of Halloween crafting in this year, but alas, it is yet again for like the 100th year (ok exaggerating) not going to happen.  We've done a whopping total of 1 Halloween craft so far and here it is already over a week into October.  Laaaaame.  Do you think I can even find the PHOTO of that craft we did?  Of COURSE not.  When I stumble across it again, I'll post it.  Esentially all we did was take some cheap paper plates, flipped them over to the back, and the kids colored them orange ALL OVER.  Then we cut out faces (well I cut out the eyes and nose and mouth and stuff, in hindsight I should have let the kids do it for a more interesting affect but I was tired and just wanted to get it done).  So I cut the shapes out for them.  Then they glued them where they wanted them.  We punched a whole in the top and put in a bit of green pipe cleaner and curled it to look like a pumpkin vine, and added a bit of brown construction paper for the stem.  Tada.  Fantastic.  Easy.  You could always cut corners and get a package of party plates that already come in orange, and then buy some foam shapes (that are already in the shape of pumpkin mouths and eyes and stuff) and just stick those foam stickers on the orange plate as a pumpkin.  You can still add the green pipe cleaner and stem if you'd like, then hang those suckers up all over the house.  I know their are other parents out there like me who want to do craft projects, but nothing that is going to be too many steps, or will break the piggy bank. 

I know that with my daughter in kindergarten now and my sons going to preschool in the afternoon there just does NOT seem to be enough time in the day.

They get home at around 4 in the evening and then I'm making supper, we're working on homework, cleaning out papers out of the back packs, doing chores, taking bathes, getting in jammies and going to bed.  There was suddenly no time for a craft project!

I DO have a couple that I want to do soon though, hopefully tomorrow we'll get one done. 

Anyway, I'm a slacker and need to get my daughters clothes laid out because laundry was still being worked on when she went to bed.  So I'll dig out her clothes for tomorrow and hope she approves.  Then I am going to bed!

Mae