Tonight my daughter was kind of dragging her feet and putting up a bit of a fight on doing her writing assignment. I know that with her if you force her to do it, then it isn't going to get done at all, and I will just end up with a headache, and she'll be crying because she doesn't want to do the homework, and I just really didn't want to deal with it all.
So we put it up. Yep. I put the homework back in the folder tonight and we sat it up for awhile. We both needed a break.
We did bring the homework back out though and she finished it, there was some moaning and groaning and hopes risen only to be dashed. THAT conversation went as follows....
Kams: "Yay, I'm all done with my home work Mommy!" (She was so excited she thought she did it all with NO help)
Me: *reaches over and flips the page over to reveal work that she didn't know was there...*
Kams: "Awww NUTS Mom, REALLY!? REALLY!?"
Me: "Yes, Really, really."
Kams: *grumble, growl, whine, complain yadda yadda* "I can't. It's too hard. I'm tired. My hand hurts" (Apparently she has writers cramp, because you know...she did a WHOLE BUNCH of writing).
Even while she was complaining she was still finishing her assignment and she did really well.
It wasn't just her whining today though, I think it was just TODAY, because her brothers were whiney and complainy today as well. Gotta love days like that.
They were fighting so bad it wasn't even funny. I figured they'd go to bed early tonight, but noooooo somehow they had enough energy to fight me on bedtime! That, is never fun.
As much as they grumble and growl, they are good kids.
I get the privilege of watching an adorable toddler over night most of the week. She's the easiest child on earth to watch. She gets here right at bedtime. She snuggles up with her pillow and BLOOP she's out like a light and sleeps all night till her Mommy gets off work and picks her up in the morning. Tonight she decided she wanted to talk awhile before going to sleep. So her and I had the cutest little "conversation". I was just copying whatever sounds she was throwing at me! She thought it was the great time ever though. I have to admit...I miss my little ones being that age!
That doesn't mean I want anymore though! Noooope. I'll pass. I'm happy with the 3 kiddos I gots. I will have fun spoiling other peoples kids instead!
So here is to more rest, so we can deal with WEEKEND HOME WORK! Friday's they send home the "poetry folder" which is all SORTS of lovey....I get to help her memorize all kinds of little poems and songs. For a child who has NO interest in singing it isn't easy. (ETA: They did NOT send the weekend poetry folder home this week, so apparently no assigned Friday homework, but that doesn't mean we didn't work on stuff! I have copies of everything she has in her folders so she still worked on it all any way this weekend)!
Mae

