Tonight I let the kids shoot off their piddly fireworks since we are going to the lake tomorrow and to a city fireworks display tomorrow night. The kids had a great time shooting off the sparklers and smoke bombs and things like that. If only they would learn it is NOT a good idea to run into each others sparklers, or stand behind mom when she lights a sparkler and the breeze is blowing the sparks right at you. Crazy kids. Keegan was ESPECIALLY determined to try and catch himself on fire tonight. He had to go sit in side for a few minutes to think about how dangerous it was that he wasn't listening!! THEN....their Grandma (my mother in law who now lives with us) decided she wanted a bit more exciting fireworks. So her and my husband wandered off to a fireworks stand and bought some more exciting items. Great, now someone could have really lost a limb!
![]() |
| I don't remember what this was (not a sparkler) but it was pretty dog gone cool when I took a photo! |
![]() |
| Interpretive dance using a sparkler? |
![]() |
| A really cool shot of my son Marshall and his sparkler |
![]() |
| I LOVE SPARKLERS!!!! SPARKLE SPARKLE SPARKLER! |
![]() |
| My boys making big circles with the sparklers |
![]() |
| I love this shot! Looks like a Dragon wrapping around him! |
Ack.
My husband, and fireworks are never a good combo. I would prefer to build a sand bunker and hide in it with my kids when he gets out the fireworks! At least he controlled his impulse to go crazy with the fireworks tonight.
Nearly immediately from the start it was a fiasco. Our tree is a cousin to the Whomping Willow (From Harry Potter). We call our tree the Mauling Maple because the stupid tree is out to kill us. It isn't safe to sit under our HUGE shade tree. It throws things at you. Bird nests. Random animals (yep have seen a cat and a opossum both fall out of that tree). Lately, if you are sitting in the shade relaxing reading a book for a few in the shade while the kids run around the yard playing....if you hear a SNAP you better run. Because that sucker is throwing a tree limb at you. I do mean tree LIMB not a little branch, little branches I can handle, but when a whole LIMB lands behind you or right NEXT to you on more than one occasion, you begin to think that MAYBE just MAYBE your tree has it out for you.
Tonight when my husband was shooting off of one the fireworks a breeze blew a branch out and the firework went up in the air....and then blew back DIRECTLY at us. However, this is what it looked like to all of us.
The tree maliciously reached out it's branch and smacked the firework right back at us. It was pretty darn crazy. The kids and I dove for cover!! I was one VERY not happy mama. I had to have a chat with the husband on making sure said vicious mauling tree was no where near the fireworks. After some rearranging we got all relocated and everything was A OK.
This mama is so very tired and has a long early day ahead of her! I get to spend the day with my family though so it makes it all worth while.
Mae






