A local church put on great block party out at the park for the community. We've gone to this celebration for several years now (though we did miss last year). Every year the event gets a little bigger, and little better! We really enjoy attending this event that is free to the public.
We enjoyed hot dogs, funnel cake, cotton candy, popcorn, snow cones, watermelon, soda (or water), chips, live music from a Christian quartet and a Christian band, a VERY big car show (I swear it gets bigger every year!) Loved the cars that were there. I'm a big fan of car shows!
There was a bounce house, games, face painting, story time, raffles, and a petting zoo. At the end of the evening the Church sat off a very nice fire works display. My kids had such a great time.
![]() |
| A fantastic time was had by all of us tonight. I do so love spending time with my family and making memories that I hope they will remember forever. |
![]() |
| Sure they drive me banana's sometimes, but seriously, these kids have me wrapped around their finger. I'm so proud of them and love them so!! All of the frustrating times are so worth it for those moments of perfection like this one. |
![]() |
| How cool is this vehicle? I would definitely take this car out for a drive, and I'm pretty sure Kams and Marshall agree. |
![]() |
| Keegan wanted to take this race car out for a drive!! |
![]() |
| When your 5 year old asks you to get a cat face painted on, you do it. And you own those whiskers and don't pay no mind to anyone who stares at you! Your daughter is happy, you are happy and that is all that matters. |
![]() |
| Those eyes, that face, this much adorable on one kid ought to be a crime. He is just too darn adorable, and I'm not just saying that because he's my kid. Seriously. He's the most handsome little man (besides is brother) that I've ever seen. I love those big big brown eyes and those sweet facial expressions. |
![]() |
| He knows how to melt my heart with cuteness that's for sure! |
![]() |
| Girls just being girls! My daughter Kams hanging out with 2 of her friends waiting for the fireworks to begin. I love this happy, silly care free play and wish it would last forever. Sadly, she will be grown up far too quickly! |
![]() |
| My daughters silhouette against a beautiful sunset tonight as we waited for the fire works to begin. |
Tonight when we got home (a little past their bedtime). I asked my little sleepy heads what their favorite part of the day was.
Keegan: "I loved the fireworks!"
Kams: "I loved the pony!"
Marshall: "Hmmm...the hot dogs, I loved the hot dogs they were yummy!" (That boy and his apparent obsession with hot dogs! We hardly EVER have hot dogs at home they are usually one of those picnic or BBQ items we have but not a daily basis thing, but he said the hot dogs were his favorite part of the Dad Festival earlier in the month! Silly boy).
My favorite part was all of the above. Just knowing that my kids are happy and we're having a great time together as a "fammy" as Kams calls it.
We ran into several friends that we hadn't seen for awhile so it was nice to catch up with them. The kids got to play with some of their friends from our neighborhood and they saw some kids from their class that were there so that made them all very happy.
Now I'm all excited for our own 4th of July celebration later this week. I still am not quite sure what we're doing, I will probably have to work that day which is fine. Going out of town is an option, or staying in is an option. Everything is still kind of up in the air at the moment. Usually I don't like that, but this time, I'm actually ok with it.
For now I'm going to head to bed, work comes early in the morning!
Mae









