| Back home sleeping off the anesthia |
| The sedative to relax her finally won in the end and she couldn't keep her peepers open. Atleaset her buddy Lucky Dog was there with her. |
| Almost completely out of it. She kept listening to the doctor talking and going "uh huh...uh huh" |
| Waiting to take her sedative that would just relax her a bit, she conned daddy into playing the dress up app on Mommy's kindle. She impressed the Doctor with her knowledge of using the kindle. |
| The sedative starting to slooowly kick in. |
| Ready to get this started. We had just gotten back to our little "area" |
Still though after seeing everything Keegan went through, and knowing Kams has never had any of that done to her, then see how much she freaked out upon waking up from anesthia, it totally broke my heart and made me tear up a LOT, but I think EVERY mom would tear upon seeing their child distraught, so I think that makes me perfectly normal too.
They ended up putting a tube in her left ear because it had a bad infection behind it and it needed to be drained. In the night the blister, or absyss had ruptured on it's own and had drained out some but the doc went in and finished draining it and then drained the ear drum and put in the tub which it will still be draining quite a bit.
She goes back in tomorrow to see the ENT and then next week to see her pedi. She's on an antibiotic drop and just a plain antibiotic to help her heal.
She ended up having a bit of an accident on one of the nurses, and I hadn't thought to bring a spare change of jammies or make her use the potty (you'd think by now I'd know to do this I make Keegan go potty before every scan he gets before being sedated but I didn't think about it this morning with Kams).
So Kams was coming out of anesthia and was very distraught and confused because her pants were being changed, and she didn't like those pants. She wanted HER pants but they were wet. She sobbed all the way home because she hated the hospital pants. Soon as we got home she changed.
She had a hard time calming down from the anesthia. She's now asleep on the couch sleeping off the rest of the stuff.
Think I'm going to go grab a nap myself while the boys are at preschool, been awake since 5am and I ended up with all 3 kids in my bed so last night I got a total of 3 hours of sleep, and then the night before got a total of 3 hours of sleep and the night before as well. Sooo yeh. Running on like fumes here. Pretty dang tired.
Hopefully her ear will feel better now and she'll be a happy camper.
Mae
