She recently turned 17, and will be a SENIOR when school starts in August. It's hard to believe that my baby sister is a senior. I remember the day she was born. I was standing in the hall with my Grandpa and they wheeled this little baby cart passed us with this UGLY red wrinkly SCREAMING baby. I looked at my Grandpa horrified (I was 10 years old) and I said "I hope that ugly red baby isn't MY SISTER!" LOL haha that "ugly red baby" was my little sister! haha. We still laugh about that today.
It's been an interesting, weird, wonderful, terrific experience having a little sister 10 and a half years younger than me. I wouldn't trade her in for the world. I am so very proud of her.
She has been in 2 (soon to be 3) local beauty pageants (she was first runner up one year and 2nd runner up the next) Hopefully she takes the crown this year! She works very hard! I know that if she doesn't win she will handle it with dignity and pride, she's just wonderful like that.
She's been through a LOT in her 17 years of life, and she never ceases to amaze me with her sweet and kind nature.
She has been in several school plays, FFA (she is currently doing archery in FFA how fun is that!)
She is also attending Girls State this summer (just like I did back in 2002!)
Very proud of her.
She is a very beautiful and talented young lady and I am incredibly proud to call her "little sis". Today I had the extreme honor and privledge of taking her senior pictures. She asked me if I would do so because she loves the photos I take of my children, and the dogs at the shelter. So her and I have taken a few photos today that I want to share with you (with her permission).
There will be a LOT of fun pictures later on in the week and we are very excited. This was just a few fun ideas we had today and we just went with it.
![]() |
| It was pretty windy today so we had to keep fighting with the wind, it was blowing earrings, hair, ruffles everything! |
![]() |
| I ended up with a face full of dandelion puffs! |
Mahala
















