Thursday, May 17, 2012

Round and Round We Go Where We Stop Nobody Knows!

So it's been a few days since I've updated anything here.  Been a little busy here and there.  Ok so I've been a lot busy.  Plus really super tired and drained of energy.  Was up late too many nights helping my husband study for his finals, and up too early getting my daughter ready for her last few days of preschool.  Then up all day chasing my sons, and then running here and there doing the volunteer stuff I do for the local shelter.  Plus regular house hold Mommy duties. 

It's enough to make your head spin, not to mention on Mother's day I took in 2 young kittens that I am now fostering. Had to hand feed them for a few days, and now they are eating canned food.  They are so cute.  Everyone keeps asking if I'm keeping one. That's a big fat resounding NO.  I am NOT keeping these kittens.  Adore them, and love them yes.  Keep them?  I don't think so. I've already got a home lined up for one of them.  I'm really picky on who takes them.  I want to make sure these kittens are INSIDE cats, and are spayed, and have their shots and ID tags (and micro chipping WOULD be nice!).  Spaying them is a MUST though. 

Wednesday was the last day of preschool for my daughter, well until she starts summer school in a few days! Then she'll have one more year of preschool before starts kindergarten! Doesn't seem possible!
Waiting for the bus on her last day of preschool this year!
 We woke up a little early on Wednesday so we were just sitting there waiting for the bus to show up, and I decided I wanted to make a special gift for the kids in her class.  It was 7am.  I had 15min to make whatever I was going to make before her bus showed up!

I had a HUGE assortment of kool aid packs in the cupboard.  *gasp* YES I give my kids KOOL AID.  Horrible horrible Mother I know.  They also get a healthy assortment of water and milk and a little juice in their diet so kool aid isn't the ONLY thing they drink so I'm not worried about it.  I'm not going to do the whole "I drank kool aid as a kid and I'm fine" thing.  That's annoying, even if it is true.  Haha.

Anyway, rather than explaining what I did, I'll just show you a photo.  It's not exactly rocket science ok.  It took me 15min from start to finish (including gathering supplies and losing my scissors and having to hunt them down again) to finish this project, including waiting for the glue to dry. 
See?  Easy Peasy, and they were a HUGE hit at school
(I know because it was field day at school and I sent
my husband up to take some photos of our daughter participating
since I was babysitting that day, and all of the teachers and parents
thought it was a really cool and thoughtful idea and they
thought it had taken me forever.  He laughed and said
yeh 15min right before our daughter on the bus.  Haha.
They were impressed.  Personally?  I don't think
it's that impressive.  Just something thoughtful to do
for the students and teachers.

My daughter glued on the little "suns" and helped punch the holes.
She wasn't quite strong enough to work my ancient stapler.

She sure was excited to take them to school and hand them out though!
A few fun photos from our trip to the park.  My friend and I took all the kids to the park and they had a great time! I have a feeling we'll be spending a LOT of time at the park this year!
All 5 kids peeking over at the very small shallow creek below
they are always looking for beavers (muskrats)

My little figher KEEGAN! He loves riding this horsey at the park
it's the first thing he goes for.

My big boy Marshall!! He loves to climb
and nearly give Mommy a heart attack and keeps
me busy at the park the whole time

My gorgeous Kams wearing a dress I made her last summer. 
She recently gave me orders to make her 5 new dresses and
they all had to be PINK PINK PINK. 

My Kams and one of her best friends hanging out at the park




So it's been a pretty busy past few days! Photographed some dogs at the shelter the other day too, that's an all day event!

Today we've been relaxing and doing a bit of cleaning and preparing for my little sister to come visit for a couple of weeks.  I took the kids out to play this afternoon and they really had a great time playing TBall and climbing all over the swing set.  When we came in, I was preparing lunch and my daughter went to the bathroom, and came out smelling like my perfume, and I looked at her...and asked her if she had been in Mommy's make up (as she sang "Pretty....Pretty....I am Pretty"  She looked at me with this guilty look and said "Uhm...nooo?"  I just laughed and said OK .... grabbed my camera and told her to smile pretty and took her picture.  Haha.  It's not as bad as some photos I've seen of little  girls getting into their Mom's make up.  AND she didn't make a mess in my bathroom.
In Mommy's make up!

Anyway I have some stuff to get back to, so I'll try to update again sometime.  Our summer has officially started so it's going to be busy busy! Not to mention I am planning a baby shower for my sister in law. 

Mae