I watched my handsome little boys 'graduate' Kindergarten (though they don't call it a graduation they call it a Kindergarten celebration, whatever...my kid graduated darn it haha). We got to hear our children read what they wanted to be when they grew up.
Circus Son #1 wants to be an architect and a construction worker when he grows up! (Only one in his class that wanted to be that! His whole class practically wanted to be sports players, I was actually surprised his didn't say he wanted to be a soccer player because he loves soccer that much). I was/am so proud of my little guy. He has wanted to design and build houses since he was three years old. He comes from a long line of builders so I'm just super happy he is interested in that stuff. He loves the Build and Grow programs at Lowe's though we haven't been very much this year, going to have to fix that!


Circus Son #2 said he wanted to be a Firefighter (he was the only one of those in his class too! His class had a WHOLE lot of teachers, and sports players and police officers). He doesn't like to see fire, it scares him a bit. Plus he wants to save people. He wants caught a news story where some children had died in a fire and it really upset him and he vowed then that he wanted to save kids from fires. However, he also has a few other jobs he would like to do as well. Race car driver, motorcycle builder AND motorcycle racer, a pediatric oncologist so he can help other kids fight cancer and maybe he can find a cure, as well as building houses with his brother, and he wants to be a dad and have 5 kids.


When my daughter was in kindergarten she had said she wanted to be a teacher (surprisingly enough!) She has gone on and on since she was three that she wanted to be a professional shopper and get paid to go buy stuff for other people. She saw a show on TLC once where that is an ACTUAL job and she was so excited to know she really COULD do that. I think she'd be pretty good at it actually! She's always been obsessed with going shopping!! (I don't know where she gets it from because my husband and I HATE TO SHOP, we hate it. A LOT) If we didn't have kids...we'd never shop unless we HAD to shop. BUT we have kids...sooo we shop...a lot. Ugh.
My daughter was in first grade this year and they didn't really do much, so we attended the 'fun day' where the kids in the school did games and stuff outside. I was able to leave work a little early and catch the last hour and help out. The next day my sons had their graduation, and the day after that was just the last day of school.
I decided to be 'smart' and make neat little popsicle thingies for the kids. Ugh. UUUUGH. Pinterest, I hate you. I hate the fact that I also never read directions. I just look at the picture and go "Oh I can make that, that'll be sooooo easy it won't take me any time at all to make that!"
THEN I find myself scrambling around last minute trying to finish the damn project. Thanks to an awesome friend I got the project finished, and the kids got their popsicles the last day of school. The boys took ones to their class that looked like light sabres, and my daughter took ones that looked like lipstick tubes (well because I didn't know how many boys and girls were in each class, and dang it, the light sabres were supposed to go to ALL THREE classes but by the time I got to my daughters class I didn't have enough TIME so they turned into lipstick tubes ok?) Haha
Blah. After my kids are out of 2nd grade I am NOT doing these little stupid projects again. DONE. (Yeh right I'm sure that's a big fat lie).
Since school has been out we had about a week of sleeping in and royally screwing up our schedule. Then summer school started, and that goes on for a month. I'm still struggling to keep things in check and on a schedule. Kids keep going to bed an hour later than I'd like. I'm not going to lie when I say I'm struggling to balance work, activities with the kids, play time, cleaning time, and helping the kids read and practice math and sight words at home. I'm super struggling with it. Even with all of my schedules, charts, organizations, and center areas, I'm still struggling.
To top it all off my sons have discovered MINE CRAFT. *grumble* I blame my husband. I'm so mad I could spit lava. I hate video games. HATE THEM. (Partially because I cannot play them to save my soul, ok?) Mine Craft isn't necessarily a BAD game, they play on peaceful mode so they aren't killing anything. The game isn't full of sex, drugs, or violence (well cept the clubbing of cows and sheep and chickens to get needed items for the game...)
The problem is...when my sons get ON the game they don't want to get OFF OF THE GAME. THAT is a huge problem for me. I will reach over and shut your game off and I will NOT care if you haven't saved your game. THIRTY minutes of video games is all you get a day kids. You will spend another 30min playing inside with your Lego's, and an HOUR outside playing (if the weather cooperates, it's been so dang rainy and cool here in Missouri). Ride your bikes, go swing, run with the neighborhood kids (within a safe distance so I can see you, and easily call for you). Go to a friends house to play (with Moms permission and the parents permission and I have to KNOW that parent). Be a kid. Get muddy (in your play clothes not your school clothes). Climb a tree (but not all of you at once!) Look for frogs, look for bugs (we currently have a pet snail thanks to my daughter). My daughter also brought home some 'tad poles'. They were NOT tad poles but mosquito larva. Oh gosh. That would have been awful. That's all we need is a 100 mosquitos hatching in the house! I made sure those guys got flushed down the toilet! She loves bugs, so what can you do?
So between summer school, trying to get chores done, trying to spend time playing with the kids outside, cooking meals (because I am ashamed to admit how many times we've just done PB&J lately...) I also let my kids go TWO days before they had a shower. I know right. I am awful. Hey they scrubbed the mud off of their feet and legs with a wash cloth ok? They didn't go to bed dirty, or to summer school dirty. We just ran out of day to get everything done.
Today was better though. They were only in bed 30min late and they got everything done they were supposed to. They even remembered to brush their teeth. AND they helped set out their clothes for tomorrow. AND my coffee pot is sat and ready to go off automatically in the morning. Woo hoo! I am determined to wake up bright and early to take a shower because I am far too lazy to do it tonight.
The kids went to a friends birthday party tonight, and have another one on Saturday to go to, and they have one in July to go to as well (well at least my daughter does). A very busy summer line up.
When summer school is over they start the program at the local library that they love so very much. There is also a fishing derby coming up this weekend that I WOULD LOVE to take them to. We'll see how that goes. I haven't been fishing in years (literally), and my kids have never gone, well my daughter went once....but she was a toddler and doesn't even remember going.
Should be interesting. For the record I will not put a WORM on a hook. AND I don't know how to take a fish off of a hook. I'm doomed. I have no idea what I'm doing. This should be interesting. I for see a trip to the ER in my future. I've never particularly cared for fishing. I talk too much and scare the fish away or the scaly slimy bastards simply circle my bait and laugh at me. I hate fish. I hate fish as much as I hate chickens. The only good fish is a beer battered one deep fried to a golden brown.
Have not had good fishing experiences, hahaha! My husband loves to fish but unfortunately he has to work all day Saturday so he'll miss out on helping the kids so it falls on me, woo hoo. Pray for me. I may fall into the lake, or get bit by a snake, or get a hook in my ass, or eaten by a fish. The loch ness monster may even drag me to the bottom of the lake. (never mind that I live in Missouri and not Scotland, I am sure that somehow Nessy will get me). Thank goodness we will not be fishing from a boat. That would be a TRUE disaster.
Don't laugh. It's not funny. I may have been raised in the country, but I am seriously lacking in "country girl" skills.
Where did my Grandmother and Mother go wrong with me? *sigh*
They tried. They really did try.
I can shoot a gun (something my Mother or Grandma never taught me but the neighbor boys did!), I can shoot a bow and arrow (half way decent, but I'm no Daryl Dixon). I can garden and raise me some tomatoes and stuff, I love going muddin', and I love camping and sleeping under the stars and all of that fun stuff. I'm not afraid of bugs or worms, I'm not even afraid of snakes or fish. Just don't take me fishing. I'm just no good at it. I hope my kids inherited better fishing skills than I have.
I haven't blogged in several days and now I have so much to say I just can't remember it all and it's getting late and I really should be in bed.
Oh rabbit trail!
We did Relay for Life recently with CS#2. So proud of our SURVIVOR! He danced around that track and had so much fun. He told all kinds of people about Childhood Cancer and was such a big brave and smart guy! It was a rainy and wet Relay, but we still had fun. This was his 6th Relay! (I had originally thought it was his 5th but I was mistaken, it is his 6th Relay.




He's still the youngest participating survivor.
We even hit up a petting zoo that was in town. It was fun. I dropped far too much money while we were there *sigh* But it was so worth it. We took a friends daughter with us for her birthday and wow, the smiles on the girls' face as they rode on the camel, was awesome. Both girls have a few issues doing things like that and they did it. I was proud of the both of them! All of the kids acted like they had ridden camels for years, haha!









OK tata for now. Enjoy your summer and I hope to blog again soon. Been working hard and trying to stay caught up on how stuff so I can spend the rest of my time hanging out with the kids. We still have a lot of fun plans for this summer ( the local carnival is coming to town next week and the kids don't know about it yet it's going to be a surprise!) Not to mention friends coming to visit from out of town and planning a FUN summer party to do with them!
If only it would quit raining so much.....
Mom Circus

