Saturday, May 2, 2015

Another Day, Another Soccer Game and Life as Usual

Somewhere along the line the past week or two I have totally and completely lost my motivation to do, well...anything.  It's totally showing too.  I mean I'm doing the bare minimum, sorta.  There are clean dishes to eat off and cook with, and clean laundry to wear, and people are getting fed and bathed (including the pets).  However, that's about the extent of my motivation. 

My desk is a mountain of papers.  Everything really.  It's just all piled up and I'm playing hide and seek with my computer monitor, that though, is nothing unfamiliar! My desk always becomes the clutter center! 

However, I am ashamed to say that my twin sons birthday decorations are STILL hanging up in the dining room, and tomorrow it will be a week since they had their party.  That.  Is.  Sad.  I did take down some streams today, and throw away a few things and get a little organized-ish in the dining room.  I cleaned up the living room too, all of the kids toys, and blankets and dirty laundry are no longer spread out all over the floor! Yay me!

I still need to put away TONS of clean laundry, but the key word there is CLEAN LAUNDRY, it's not dirty laundry over flowing throughout the house so that's a win right there. 

I need to take a shower tonight since I have to be at work at 5am.  Oh joy! My hair is a hot mess and there is no way I can get by with NOT washing it tonight, ha!


I'm usually WAY more motivated than this.  *sigh*  I hate being so exhausted I don't want to move.  Alas, house work does not do itself as much as I wish it did.

Today has been a pretty busy day (well for the most part???)  Started out with soccer games, at 9am.  Which wouldn't have been TOO bad if we hadn't spent an hour at Urgent Care on Friday night with Circus Son #1. 

He is now on day #3 of headaches.  This kid never has headaches.  He never complains of being in pain or feeling sick.  However, the past three days now he's been grabbing his head and crying in pain.  His neck hurts, and his head hurts.  I took him to Urgent Care yesterday (because originally I thought maybe he slept wrong and twisted his neck).  Urgent Care doctor feels that it is tension headaches and to give him ibuprofen, not Tylenol.  She also put him on an antibiotic because she could kind of see something in his left ear. Also to increase his water intake to see if that helps.  Normally they are very good at drinking water, but he is in a sport right now so extra water would be a good thing.


The doctor said he could still play soccer if he wanted, but if he was in pain, then to let him sit and rest.  So I let him be the decider of if he could handle it or not.  Gave him some ibuprofen before we left the house, and he did pretty good during the game. Only once he felt he needed to take a break and rest a bit.

I was really worried because as a baby CS#1 had seizures.  He had them since birth and we didn't know that's what they were because they weren't super noticeable and they looked like they could be just some little quirk or something.  He was put on Keppra and the seizures and night terrors quit.  Also around that same time he had scans and stuff done because he had odd lumps on the side of his head that were freaking us out (his twin brother had just been diagnosed with cancer a few months prior and had just started chemo when all of this was going on).  We were hyper aware of every little bump, bruise, EVERYTHING that could be something more.  We felt so paranoid and crazy.  They were twins though.  So I was absolutely terrified that it meant BOTH of my sons would have cancer, and I was so afraid I'd end up losing one or both of my boys, and I just knew I could in no way handle that, at all.  Period. 

Thankfully, the only thing wrong with CS#1's head was the plastic surgeon thought he could use one of those corrective helmets, but it wasn't a super severe case, and would likely correct itself on it's own, and there was only 4 months until he turned a year old, and really after that there wasn't much that could be done.  We were happy to know his head was fine.  We opted out of the corrective helmet and true to the doctor's theory, it did correct itself. 

So now flash forward a few years.


My sweet boy JUST turned 6 yeas old on Monday.  By Thursday he is having neck pain and bad headaches.  I TRIED to brush it off.  Figured he had slept wrong, and twisted his neck.  Sent him to school and told him if it hurt worse to go to the nurse and have her call either me or Daddy.  The nurse did call and my husband ran some Tylenol down to the school for him. 

Tylenol did nothing to help with his pain, at all.  His head pain continued on into Thursday night, and Friday.  By Friday evening I was done waiting for it to quit and just took him to the Urgent Care, I was afraid that it could be meningitis or something.  (Thankfully the doctor didn't believe that's what it was, but she did say if he starts acting sicker to get him to the ER)


It's just nerve wracking! But I think most parents can agree that it is nerve wracking when your kids are feeling ill.  Even if it's just the flu or a simple cold or allergies.  We don't like seeing our babies uncomfortable!

On Friday the boys had a field trip, and the poor boy did not have much fun because it was all too loud and too sunny and it hurt his head.  He spent the majority of the field trip sitting next to me snuggled up trying to avoid everything.  It made me sad.  Then his brother came over to sit with us because he was upset his brother wasn't feeling well and felt bad so he sat with him.  Then another friend of theirs came over and joined us as well because he too was worried about his friend.  Good kids they are, good kids. 

I will be calling the pediatrician Monday to get an appointment, we were originally told it would be a wait to get in so that's why we went to urgent care, but I'm hoping I can get him in sooner since the headaches are still going on. I am hoping it's just an ear infection (I mean I don't WANT him to have an ear infection but I don't want it to be anything worse either ya know?)  Or maybe a sinus infection or some kind of sinus issues. 

Tonight he has me worried because he says he can't breathe very well, so I'm making him sleep in my room so I can keep an eye on him. 


Because he is hurting he is very whiney, and very mean.  He has no tolerance for his brother or sister and has been lashing out at them simply because HE is hurting and they are annoying him or are too close or too loud.  So I've been playing referee a LOT.  Trying to explain to him that he can't do that to his brother and sister just because he feels icky.

Regardless of how he was feeling today, he still had fun at soccer.  My daughter had fun as well, they all did.  My daughter was trying really hard out there today and I was so proud of her! During the boys' game the team they were playing only had three players so their coach took three volunteers from their team and put them on the other team so it would be fair and they could all still play.  That's the great thing about little league soccer, is the coaches and parents all work together to make sure all the kids get to play! However, one son of mine was on one team, and the other son was on the other team so I was funny listening to me cheer BOTH teams on! At one point one son was trying to score a goal and the other was trying to stop him, I was just like "GO BOYS!! YAY!!"  I didn't care which one succeeded in that moment, I was just proud of them for both playing, ha! Later one of the boys gave me the third degree because I was cheering for the other who was on the OTHER team.  How dare I. 

They showed great sportsmanship today towards the other team and I was really proud of all of the kids on the team (both teams actually!)  It took a lot of guts for the other team to get out there and play with only three players, they weren't giving up! That is some dedication!

In off moments of the game (like before the games actually started) the kids and I were having some fun.  We were having tickle fights, and rolling the soccer ball back and forth to each other, and talking, and playing with the camera.  The kids all had fun getting to take photos of things they wanted to at the soccer field, and taking selfies with Mommy.  Selfies are not something I try to take a TON of but if I don't take selfies with my children, I will have little to no pics at all with them! Someone has to get photos of me with my kids.


Above:  My daughter caught me unaware as I was watching the boys play soccer. 
Below:  I was picking on one of the boys (CS#2 to be exact).  He was trying to be pouty so I threatened to eat his face, it made him smile.



Above:  I love this photo.  It was taken by CS#1 of his big sister.  She said she was pretending that soccer was killing her because she was too tired from all of that running. 

Below:  Selfie with my daughter


Below:  Threatening to eat HER face off because she said we should be silly in our picture.


We took a few selfies during the field trip yesterday too! Just a few though when CS#1 wasn't trying to hide from everything.  It was a really nice day, but it had a LOOOOT of walking in it! Oh my poor feet were feeling it later, ha!

Above:  Me hanging out with two very handsome young boys! I love my sons.  I'm so glad I was able to attend their field trip! Even if I did burn my face and now look like a giant raccoon because the only place NOT burned on my face is where my sunglasses were.  Ha.  Nice. 

Below:  There is one of my handsome boys posing so nicely for a picture.  I couldn't say no!


Below:  You can tell CS#1 in the blue shirt isn't feeling well, his enthusiasm is waning again.  His excitement about the field trip kept coming and going because his head was hurting.  It made me feel awful for him.

Below:  I let CS#1 play with my camera and he snapped a pic of me.  So sweet huh?

I've been attempting all day to get my house back to normal.  It's just not happening.  I'm just exhausted.  I am on the go go go all the time.  I just need a full day of sleep.  No soccer games, no work, no getting up to see what the kids are doing (because even when the husband does let me sleep in I can still hear the kids and hear that they aren't necessarily listening to their father as well as they should, and try as I might to stay put and let him handle it, I eventually get up and help him out). 

Yesterday I pulled a nasty tick off of my daughters head, apparently the sucker had been there a couple of days.  She freaked out, and I was kinda freaked out too.  Tonight I pulled a JUST attached tick off of one of my sons.  We have never had issues with ticks before! This year they freaking seem to be everywhere we go.  I do NOT like ticks at all, they completely freak me out and are nothing more than a web-less, blood sucking tiny spider that feasts on our blood.  I do not like them, at all.

I especially find them vile when they are feasting on my children.  I've been so careful to check the kids really well too after being outside, but apparently the ticks are finding ways to hide in my children's hair (they do have a LOT of hair!!)


I still do not understand why ticks were ever created in the first place!!

I must go snuggle with my small child who isn't feeling well.  I hope he is feeling better soon, I'm not used to seeing him like this. 


Mom Circus.