It's been hard to keep things updated around here. I've been doing a lot of babysitting and so that makes it next to impossible to catch up on the blog. I have all of these great ideas, and stories to share. I think to myself multiple times a day "I can't WAIT to put this on the blog!" Then the babysitting kids go home, and I put my kids to bed, care for the dogs, adjust the darn elf on the shelf (or wherever he's going that night), and then I find I'm too tired to blog a single thing and cannot remember even one thing I wanted to blog about for the past week. Or I find something that means a lot to me, like a cause or something, I type up a big beautiful blog about it and pour my heart and soul into it...then just go "eh...." and don't post it.
Lame. Lame. Lame. Yes, I know this.
So in the spirit of getting all "caught up" on blogging stuff I'll just overwhelm you with a million and one photos and call gravy, ok?
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My Mother, Sister, Stepdad, and my sisters boyfriend all came down. It was great to have a full house! I also loved being able to take some maternity pictures for my little sister while she was here.
 |
| My little Indian Kamilah. |
My niece was also visiting us for the month of November, it was great to have her here for a visit too! I just wish we hadn't all had the flu most of the time she was here. At least we were all better before Thanksgiving got here.
Took my kids to see the horse parade that has been going on for around 20 years now. We've lived in this town for 10 years and have never made it to the horse parade, until this year, and I can say we really enjoyed seeing all of the horses!
Cannot forget all of the crazy antics of our little Reindeer friend, Toffee. He's always up to something. He isn't always "naughty" per say, he can be helpful too!
 |
| Gossiping with "the girls" and wearing some hair bows. |
 |
| Spying on the hamster |
 |
| Snuggled up with a good book, warm blanket, soft bed, and cup of hot cocoa. |
 |
| Acting out his favorite scene from King Kong.... |
 |
| Begging for some peppermint tea |
 |
| Playing the Innotab |
 |
| Making some coffee for me! |
 |
| He even made Kams lunch |
 |
| Working hard on Kams PB&J for school |
 |
| Even setting the table for breakfast |
 |
| Although he did take a dare from Mr. Nutcracker, that he couldn't drink that WHOLE 44oz cup of soda. (He did). |
 |
| *GULP GULP* |
 |
| Learning how to play the card game "Magic the Gathering" on the Xbox. |
 |
| Great, now he's a gamer elf.... |
Although, I kind of forgot about our little elf friend last night. I completely space cased and left him where he lie the night before, playing video games. However, this morning when I woke up he was NOT where he had been left. He was across the room sprawled on the floor. Not really sure how that happened. I saved his life and put him on a shelf. He's just being a Reindeer on a Shelf today. Couldn't leave him on the floor, our dog River would have killed him.
We now have about 4 inches of snow on the ground and the kids are raring to get out and play in it. I'm thinking....it looks like a great day to let them go just run and slip and slide in the snow. Get out the sled and go for it kids.
I'm only able to update my blog this morning because my babysitting kids aren't here yet, but they will be in another 30min. I need to run the vacuum, sweep the dining room and wipe the table down after we had our breakfast. Then we're ready to go for another day.
My daughter had a tantrum to put a toddler to shame last night, so she has to scrub floor boards this morning. She hasn't had to do that in quite awhile! She's doing it without a fit this morning. She knows her tantrum last night was ridiculous (the kids were told it was time to clean up before bed and she had a HUGE melt down). Not acceptable. At six years old she is more than capable of picking up a few toys that she had out on the floor.
Tantrums and fits and fighting are a good way to not get anything for Christmas around these parts, and I'm just mean enough to not have a single present under the tree for them (ok so yeh...I'm not THAT mean, they just wouldn't have any from "Santa").
Well, time to go straighten up my house so my weekend babysitting munchkins can destroy it with my three little monsters.
Mae