Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Elf Selfies

Well, our elf doesn't ALWAYS pull silly tricks on the kids, although he loves being quite the little prankster.  Which I find ironic...since HIS job is to watch the kids during the day and then report back to Santa if they are naughty/nice, yet he pulls pranks which technically, is considered naughty.  So does that mean Toffee is on the naughty list?  Or is he exempt because he's an honorary elf and elves are just playful like that? He was quite the big time prankster back at the North Pole, so he's had to tone down his ways a lot, can't be causing massive quantities of trouble wherever he goes you know.

So anyway, last night he didn't really PRANK the kids, but he did tuck them all in again once they were asleep, he even took a few selfies of himself tucking them back in again.  He just had to let them know he was checking on them. 










I still think I have the only kids who don't care if the elf is reporting back to Santa, because they will literally get into a big ol' pushing match right in front of the elf, just like they are DARING him to poof outta there right before their eyes to tell Santa.

Not really surprised as last year my sons were the ONLY KIDS in the history of the Santa House in our town....that got into a knock down drag out fist fight DIRECTLY in front of Santa.  Why?  Because they were tired of waiting in line, and they each wanted to be first to sit on his lap.  Santa's eyes almost popped out of his head, and I was mortified.  I wanted to slink out the back door and pretend I was not with these kids! The parents were all wide eyed and mouths wide open in horror/shock.  Trust me, I was just as surprised! Ok not really...my sons have been fighting each other since day 1 (before they were even born).  Why would I expect Santa to be so special that they wouldn't try to kill each other in front of him?  In fact, Santa should feel honored that they decided to put on this display of Roman/Greek amphitheater/coliseum style to the death fighting.  Not every day you get to see that happen (well most people anyway...they can be quite impressive...when you aren't dying from humiliation because you realize, aw crap...those are YOUR kids and yeh you kinda need to DO something about that)

I really hope the Santa house goes better this year....(We plan on going next weekend or the weekend after). Fingers crossed for no sibling violence this year.  I make no promises. 

Mae