So the other day was one of those days where I couldn't remember if I put deodorant under both arm pits, or just one. Spent the rest of the day praying I didn't smell like a stinky pit while at work. For the record, I did put deodorant under both arms discovered that when I got home. WHEW what a relief! I'll be darned if I couldn't remember for the life of me if I had done both pits or not! HA! Some days are just like that.
That was also the day I got a "You were right, I was wrong" out of my BOSS. How many people ever hear those words from their boss? I did a mental fist pump and mentally yelled "YES!!" even though I wasn't quite sure at that exact moment what I had been right about and they were wrong about. Didn't matter, I was right and he admitted it. So while I'm doing my mental fist pump and mental cart wheels (because that's the ONLY way I can do a cart wheel) I had to keep my expression serious, not that difficult to do but I pulled it off, I think. Or I just ended up looking constipated, eh whatevs.
Work can have ups and downs, but at least it's a job can't complain. In this economy people should be thankful to have a job, any job for that matter.
So the saga of "the dead body at school" that my daughter started talking about last night has gotten so crazy I don't know if there is even a remote shred of truth left in there and I am going to call the school today to see where in the HECK my daughter got this. Kind of weird if you ask me. I think she just over heard parts of conversations teachers were having and just ran with it after that. I told her she needs to quit eaves dropping on the grown ups, and maybe the grown ups need to be a little more careful on where they talk and about what.
So now that I'm home from work I can safely say one thing (maybe two).
First, yelling "I FOUND MY NUTS" out of pure utter happiness while at work...yeh probably not the best idea I ever had. I bake for a living, and I had been looking for several minutes for a bag of chopped and diced and tinified peanuts. Couldn't find them, when I finally found them, well I said the first thing that came to mind, and I was just a little TOO excited about it. At least I only got a few crazy looks, but I think most were just too afraid to make eye contact, hahaha!
I've found lately that there is apparently no shut off valve between my brain and my mouth. I think it and it just pops out before I can stop it. Sometimes, it can be a good thing...however at work, maybe not so much.
So I did finally get to the bottom of the "dead body" conversation with my daughter. I finally managed to get ahold of her teacher today. Apparently a little boy in her summer school class had a grandmother that recently passed away. He was asking the teacher some questions and I guess another little boy chimed in wanting to know if the teacher had a Grandma and she said no her Grandma passed away when she was a little girl, and the little boy wanted to know how and she just said she hurt her head and she died. Apparently, my daughter was CLEAR ACROSS THE ROOM and heard this exchange of words (or at least part of them) and then she just took it, and went with it on how she thought the conversation had went. I must say, the teacher and I had a pretty good laugh about it after we figured out what had happened. I just had a talk with my daughter a few minutes ago about eaves dropping on people's conversations and how it can give you the wrong information if you don't know exactly what was being said and it is rude to listen in on conversations that aren't directed at you.
At least that is all settled now!
we have a new house guest (well two technically).
My Mother in law moved in recently (most people might cringe at that but I actually have a great mother in law who is always there for us when we need her, even if we're too proud most of the time to ask for her help, we prefer to do things on our own, but she's a fantastic mother in law who is always there if we need her).
She knows how I feel about Day Cares (I don't think they are BAD just not for my family). My husband and I have always made sure WE were the ones raising our children not a Day Care. We wanted to see their personalities, their first moments, their everythings not someone at a Day Care. So when I went back to work my Mother in Law knew I'd need some help and her health has been iffy sometimes and she's afraid to live alone, so she asked if she could live with us so she wasn't alone and she'd help with the kids when we needed it (which honestly isn't often the husband and I still prefer to do things on our own, but it is nice to have her here incase we can't be here for one of the kids due to work or college or just life in general).
Finally got the mother in law all moved in, and the kids are so so happy to have her here.
Now on to the next house guest!
My niece! Can't believe she will be 11 months old very soon. Her mom moved off to Iowa, and well, apparently things didn't go so well (or atleast the way she may have wanted them too?)
Long story short, Faith needed out of Iowa to get away from her biological sperm donor (who legally has no right to be near her, but her mom was trying to be nice). Anyway....again, long story short, Faith is where she needs to be right now. The only bad thing? Her mom couldn't pack a child's bag to save her life!! So now I'm scrambling getting everything this kid needs (thank GOD I've had 3 kids and my daughter was born in September nearly 6 years ago, and Faith was born in July nearly a year ago, soooo I still have of Kams old clothes laying around). Got them dug out last night, the husband washed them today and I just got them put away once I got home this afternoon. Needless to say, I gave my sister in law a piece of my mind. *sigh* There is absolutely NO excuse in that baby not having any clothes! She's all good now though. Thanks to the clothes I still had of Kams and some of my awesome friends (well we still need to get her a few items, but nothing major). Her mom has finally decided to move back to Missouri and closer to us. Smart idea, it's about time. Now, we wait to see if she falls through with what she says (generally she doesn't but hey first time for everything, right?) They've only been gone for like 5 months and the kid went from having a huge stock pile of clothes to like a total of 3 onsies that fit her. Sorry it may be summer but NO niece of mine will just wear onsies all the time.
Let's just say she now has a nice stock pile of clothes for summer, and I'm working on fall and winter all ready for her as well as working on clothes for my kids as well (which I KNOW the little stinkers are going to hit a big growth spurt this summer or like RIGHT before school starts)!
Some times I'd like to just shake my sister in law for the drama and craziness she brings around her daughter, but what can you do? She knows where I stand on all of this, I'm not quiet about it. I also want her to know I love my niece very much and she is always welcome here at my home. I never want my niece to go without just because her mom can't/won't whatever the case is do for her what she should.
I started a scrapbook for Faith just like I did for my own children. Full of photos and fun times and fun facts from her childhood and what not. I know so many kids who do not have any photos from their child hood (my husband and his sisters for one do not have scrapbooks, baby books, or photos from their child hood because they grew up in and out of foster homes and treatment centers for kids and what not). My husband and I have always worked hard to make lasting bonding memories with our children, and since our niece's mom doesn't seem interested in doing the same for Faith, we're trying to do the same for her as well. We want her to grow up knowing that someone in the family loved and cared about her and wanted her to have a great childhood (I am not saying her mom doesn't love her because she does, and she isn't a horrible mom by any means, she's just...a bit...I don't really know what word I'm looking for honestly!) She has her priorities a little disorganized sometimes. Not always putting her daughter first like she should.
We're super glad she's actually moving closer to us so we can see Faith more and so my sister in law can have more help when she needs it. It's kind of fun having a baby around again, but I am still NOT convinced to have anymore kids ever. I'm done. It's one thing to spoil your niece, she'll eventually go back home to her mom. HA!
Mae
