Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Fall Is Here and Thanksgiving is Nigh!

It's that time of the year again where Christmas starts taking over the stores.  Christmas music, toys, Santa, the push to get people on the ball and searching for those hot holiday deals and get the BEST presents ever.  The time of year where parents start threatening children with "you'll end up Santa's NAUGHTY LIST" and "Santa's WATCHING YOU!"  Yeh, we've all been there. 

The time of year where some parents are COMPLETELY stressed out because they don't know how they are going to pull Christmas out of their ass and make sure it's a decent one, even though deep down they KNOW that Christmas is NOT about the "stuff" under the tree.  It's still hard when you are already counting pennies to pay the bills and get the groceries and now you have to add presents under the tree too. 

Thank goodness for lay away is all I have to say! Even then we keep Christmas small and not over done.  We choose to focus on family over presents, which honestly isn't that the way it should be?

Before we even hit Christmas though, we have to contend with Thanksgiving, and before THAT we have Halloween, which I think we all survived?  I know my house did.  Tons of candy, three happy kids who loved their costumes and had a fantastic time going door to door showing off their costumes and hoarding candy.  It was a BEAUTIFUL year for Halloween.  The weather was so nice! Earlier in the day it had been iffy and chilly and no one knew what the evening was going to be like, but WOW it warmed up and no one needed a jacket at all and it was just a lovely night for Halloween.  Which is nice for a change because usually it's rainy and chilly.

 
My son the Woopie Cushion, he LOVED his costume.  Dad followed him around all night with the cell phone messing with the sound affects app we downloaded.  Dad loved being the "sound guy" for the Woopie Cushion!

 
My sweet and adorable little bunny rabbit. This boy LOVES rabbits and was so excited to be a bunny for Halloween.  He loved his bushy little "bunny butt", he was adorable.

 
Of course I cannot forgot my deadly Poison Ivy.  My daughter loved being her favorite villain! She was irritated though that no one knew who Poison Ivy was, they thought she was actually trying to BE the plant, not the Villain from Bat Man.  *sigh* She was annoyed most of the night with people. 

Oh and then yes, there was this too. I dressed up as Fiona from the movie Shrek.  My husband was supposed to be Shrek, however, turns out he was allergic to the green face paint and it felt like his face was going to melt off, sooo he had to wash it all off and for like four days after wards his face was red and irritated.  Even now his face is super dry and peeling in spots because of the burn from the paint be has very sensitive skin! So I had to Ogre it alone! But that's ok I had fun being Princess Fiona! Everyone know who I was, so that was great.  I had lots of compliments from people.

Now that we have put Halloween behind us (well some of us have I still have a few Halloween decorations hanging up around the house that I need to deal with before I can get up the rest of my Thanksgiving stuff!!)  Most of us are already planning our Thanksgiving meals!




I LOVE Thanksgiving.  I love to host family and friends at my house and go all out.  I try to make it look like Martha Stewart threw up in my house (haha).  I just love having holiday stuff at my home.  LOVE it. 

For Halloween we had a Halloween party the day before, and invited all the neighborhood kiddos, I am pretty sure they had fun.  I know I did!!

This year for Thanksgiving I'm pretty sure I am going to have to work.  I'm bummed, but at the same time Thanksgiving is one of those days that I can bend a little on and schedule it on another day during Thanksgiving break.  So working that day isn't a big no no for me, besides, it's Holiday pay, can't say no to that! Specially this time of year.


I am not 100% sure WHEN or WHERE we're having Thanksgiving.  My little sister just got a house, and she had really wanted to host it this year and I was ok with that, but I don't know if she's going to or not.  If she does, I hope our vehicle will make it's way to her house.  I would LOVE to see my sister and nephews for Thanksgiving.  Plus it's less of a drive for my stepdad who lives several hours away. 

The weather has been super nice for November so my family and I headed out to do some fall and Christmas photos the other day.  It started out a wreck, but it ended well.  I got some wonderful photos that I'm very happy with. 



 
 




We always PLAN to do Christmas photo, but eh, it never goes well.  So this year I was very happy when they worked out.  Below is just a little sneak peak, and these aren't even my absolutely favorites.  I know they may not be PERFECT but we love them.





We also have to plan our trip to the Christmas tree farm and cut down our Christmas tree.  We did a real tree last year and WOW the kids absolutely freaking loved it.  It looked pretty too.  So we'll get another one this year. 

We don't put our  tree up until generally December first, or at least some time within the first week of December.  It comes down, a day or two after Christmas, I like all the Christmas stuff down and put away before the first of the year.  That way I'm not started the new year with trying to put away Christmas decorations. 

I am *HOPING* I won't be working Christmas day, but we shall see.  We don't go out of town for Christmas, I feel like our kids should be home for Christmas.  I also don't expect family to travel to our house for Christmas either, though I certainly do not tell anyone know if they say they want to come for Christmas.  I don't want people to be alone on Holidays either. 

So while Christmas is coming, I am more excited for Thanksgiving! For Turkey and family and laughs and well, yah the FOOD! Yum!

So in spite of all things political at the moment, I'm trying to enjoy the rest of 2016.  I mean, the new President doesn't take office until January, so we still have a little time to enjoy ourselves before we are fully thrust into the unknown.  It isn't the President that makes or breaks us, they don't rule over everything with an iron fist.  We are a democratic country.  We have a say in things too, we got this America.  Go enjoy your turkey and your family.  Try not to hyperventilate.  Poor a glass of wine, and watch some Netflix and calm down.  You deserve that after such a crazy election.  I know I'm trying to calm the heck down and relax and not panic too much! What is they say on "A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"?  DON'T PANIC. 




And according to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, just remember the answer 42, because that is the answer to everything.  All of everything.  The BIG answer.  42.  Ha.  I love that movie.  Time to drag it out and give it a watch! That movie has always made me laugh, and I loved the book.



(FYI Hitchhikers guide images are not mine)


What do ya know, I covered three holidays and the election in one blog post.  Huh.  Nice. 

Now it's off to tidy off the house a bit before the kids get home any minute from school.  I have to work on supper (tortellini soup) and I still go in tonight to work an over night shift. 

Mom Circus