Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Weekend is Gone the Flu is here....

Laying in bed sick is no fun.  I'm sitting here waiting for the doctors office to open so I can give them a call.  I had to call in to work today because I don't think they would have appreciated me coming to work with a 102 fever.  I know it's certainly not something I wanted to do.  So at 5am I was making a call that I wouldn't be in at 8am.  Didn't start running a fever until late last night, that's my least favorite thing.  Fevers.  That and coughing so hard it feels like I'm going to fall apart.

So since I've been laying in bed sick this morning I'm taking a brief moment to blog and catch up on stuff and look back at my weekend.  We had a pretty good weekend until I started feeling slightly crummy on Sunday which trickled on into Monday and then by last night I was full on miserable, and this morning is no better. 

I was up most of the night shivering to death, could NOT get warm no matter what I did.  Thank you fever.  Finally by this morning I was working on sweating the fever out. It's still there, but not as bad, but we'll see if that's in part to the ibuprofen or the fever going away. 

Friday after I got off work I rushed home and finished packing our bags for our over night Girl Scout trip, at a place called Bonkers (similar to Chucky Cheese if you have no idea what I'm talking about, but it has a huge jungle gym place for the kids to climb and play in and my daughter dragged me up in that thing too to play!)  I'm feeling ever bit of it still.  That and sleeping on a concrete floor with nothing more than a sleeping bag for cushioning. 

I survived. 

We had fun, my daughter had a blast playing with all of the other Girl Scouts, eating cheese pizza, making some Girl Scout Swaps and crafts, and playing games in the game room to earn tickets for prizes.  It was close to 2am when all the girls FINALLY fell asleep.  Exhausting.

 








Saturday afternoon once we got home, I took my daughter to the annual Mother/Daughter Tea Party that our community has hosted for several years.  We love going.  My daughter loves tea parties and she is so prim and proper while we are at them, it's adorable.  However, this year she was not quite as well behaved as years past! She was snippy and grouchy (I think going to bed at nearly 2am had something to do with that!! And then having to get up at 6am to get ready to come home, and then not having a nap before the tea party....) 







Sunday we went to the park with Grandma (My husband's mom, the one I don't always get along with).  My niece was in town visiting while her mom and my husband were out of state for a funeral. So we decided the park would be a nice idea. It was a beautiful day to be at the park too!

My boys going down the slide together

Circus Son #2 playing under the play equipment

Circus Son #1 showing me how clever and dare devilish he is.

My daughter and one of my sons sitting on a rock wall over looking the still partially frozen lake next to the play ground.  They loved watching the geese and ducks swimming by.  There is a muddy hill on the other side of that wall  that leads to the water.  The kids have fun sitting on that hill to be closer to the geese.

My daughter and niece going down the slide together.

Enjoying ice cream after playing at the park.  And YES I know that my daughter and niece are not properly buckled in, I let them get comfy for eating their ice cream but once we hit the road everyone was properly bucked up and safe.  Car seats are something I take seriously, it's the only thing keeping the kiddos safe in the event of an accident.

Too bad I am now sick though.  Amazing how quickly that sets in huh!?

I was supposed to leave work for an hour to go help out at Circus Son #2's class bowling activity today but that is not going to happen.  I don't think I need to be around those kids when I'm running a fever.  So my husband is going in my place instead.

Had to miss work, and have to miss the bowling activity.  I'm hoping I feel better by Wed, and that none of the kids are sick.  My daughter goes with her Girl Scout troop to tour the police station to earn their Respect Authority badge.

Last night my husband sent me to bed early and he made sure the kids got in bed, and this morning he got them up and got them breakfast and got them off to the bus stop for me.  So very much appreciated. 

My husband made it home from Tennessee on Sunday evening, about 6:30pm.  He said his dads Memorial Service was really cool and everyone was laid back and easy going.  Lots of biker stuff (his dad loved motorcycles) and at the end of the service they played Born to be Wild, which was his dads favorite song.  Apparently the bikers are also planning on doing a memorial ride in his honor, I'm pretty sure that's what my husband said. 

I was glad they made it down there and back safely.  The roads going down there were a little iffy, but on the way back they were fine, though by then they were having a bit of car trouble so that's never good.  The important thing is, he didn't strangle his sister or her boyfriend,  yay!


He got to meet a lot of family he has never seen before and that made him really happy and he is now keeping in touch with most of them on Facebook. 

Now it's time for me to lay down for a few minutes starting to feel woozy again.  Really need to kick this crud as soon as possible.


Circus Mom