July was a really fun month for our family. We had a wonderful 4th of July. We didn't travel anywhere we just stayed in town, but we stayed in town and hit up several in town activities and it was a blast.
![]() |
| Water fights in the back yard! |

![]() |
| Ice cream in the back yard |
![]() |
| Bounce houses at the park |
![]() |
| Riding the miniature train at he park |
![]() |
| Miniature train rides at the park |
![]() |
| Quality time together at the park |
![]() |
| A group selfie with mom at the park! |
![]() |
| STAMPEEEEDE!!!!!! |
![]() |
| Fireworks over the lake at the park. |

We also did the ever fun and joyful thing of doing some back to school shopping. Scoring some nice back packs on sale for $3 (that came with lunch boxes, double score)! Of course all of those lovely school supplies, and a few clothes here and there and all of that loveliness. School starts earlier this year than it did last year so we started thinking back to school earlier around here, though I think I would have been thinking about it and getting ready anyway, especially with the way the kids have been whining, fighting, and just in general trying to kill each other.
I would love to say that August has started out on a better note than July, but that would be inaccurate. Circus Son #2, my little over achiever, and friend maker everywhere he goes....made friends with some head lice last week. Fun times. I hate lice. This makes the 3rd time in my nearly 7 years as a parent that I've ever had to deal with lice in my family. I NEVER had it as a child. Oy vey. I hate lice. We have a fairly good idea WHERE/WHEN/HOW he got it, and am none too pleased, but what can you do?
Did the whole lovely treatment of the whole family, bedding being washed, stuffed animals being put on lock down in trash bags (I leave them in for a month to be on the safe side). So. Much. Work.
Unfortunately, the child with the most tender of head, had to be the one to get the worst case. *sigh* It's been a P.I.T.A. not fun for him, or me.
We had already been planning on getting the boys a hair cut, but were going to wait until the day before school started to completely throw people off who are so used to my sons always have long gorgeous hair (as they've wanted, they loved their long hair). However, the whole lice thing kind of sped that up a bit. Shorter hair...is easier to deal with. So they got their hair cuts early. Thankfully anything we have found in Son Circus's hair has been dead, that's a relief. It's just getting through all of his super fine hair to get it all out. Requires lots and lots of combing. He hates that part, a lot. He screams like I am scalping him no matter how careful I am. This boy just LOOKS at a hair brush and screams though so I'm really not surprised. He hates having his hair brushed or messed with.
We've done the whole lice chemicals, mayonnaise, tea tree oil, olive oil, hair gel, Lice Shield (to help prevent re infestation, it doesn't kill any that might be there). Every day we hit him with something new (and as chemical free as possible).
The night we did the mayo treatment, Son Circus #1 had a big laugh out of it. He kept telling his brother he was going to eat him because he smelled like a sandwich. Much to my dismay...he even tried to shove a slice of cheese onto his brothers face. Son Circus #2....was not amused. He did not appreciate cheese in the face and it almost ended up in a scuffle between the two, which would have sent mayo flying all over the dining room. Did I mention Son Circus #2 is a very sensitive little guy and gets upset easily? Of course "big" twin brother knows how to push all of his buttons and can tick him off in about 0.1 second flat without even trying.
![]() |
| Son Circus #2 is now known as "Mac Salad" due to his mayo treatment, he finds it hilarious. Unless his brother says it....then it's not so funny. |

![]() |
| Son Circus #2 was in the processing of letting his brother know he wasn't happy with him, and yes that is a wadded up slice of cheese in Son Circus #1's hand...he had just tried to smoosh it into his brothers face. |

It's been a HAIR raising experience this past week.
I'm going to miss my sons having that beautiful long hair. That's the way they've wore their hair for 5 years. It's what we are all used to, it's what they've always loved. I've always told them that should they ever want it all chopped off, that's ok. It's their hair.
They decided they wanted/needed a new look for Kindergarten this year. Their hair was in their face and they could only see out of maybe one eye, if they were lucky. That isn't very conducive to a good learning experience. We agreed the hair had to go so they could learn better.
I'm telling you though. When that hair was finished...any trace of my angelic sweet sons that MIGHT have been there....was/is definitely gone! Now when I look at them....all you see is their mischievousness and you just KNOW they are up to something. They are certainly all boy. Wound for sound and always ready for some kind of crazy adventure.
![]() |
| BEFORE AND AFTER! Where did my little cherubs go? Where did this gorgeous young boys come from? |
Some other big news for our family? Daughter Circus is now wearing glasses. She wears them because her eyes are having trouble coordinating together. So she needs them when she is watching TV, reading, writing, or doing other school work or in the class room in general. She does not need them when she's riding her bike or playing in general or for PE.
![]() |
| It was a sweaty, crazy hair, play clothes kind of day when she got her glasses ;) |
Also, Daughter Circus is now riding a bike with NO training wheels! This child has been riding ON a bike since she was very young. She's always been very coordinated and well balanced, but refused to let us take off her training wheels. As in, she would have a COMPLETE melt down and scream and cry and panic. I figured, it wasn't a big deal....just let her be and she'll let me know when she's ready. No pushing her into things. I gently encourage, but I do my best not to force into doing many things. The other day she came up to me and said I could take off her training wheels. I kid you not when it felt like I pulled the necessary tools out of thin air just to get those wheels off quickly before she changed her mind.


True to her word 2 years ago....she kept telling us "I'll do it when I'm 6". She may be turning 7 next month, but she still did it. She still learned to ride a bike with no training wheels when she was six. Now if only I could get her interested in learning to tie her shoes...thus far...absolutely ZERO interest in tying her shoes (another thing she promised she'd learn to do when she was six). At this point, I think her brothers may beat her on tying their shoes. The boys tried to take their training wheels off too, but they aren't quite ready yet. I mean THEY are ready they want them off, but their balance is NOT ready. Though I give them HUGE props for trying so so hard over the weekend. They just aren't quite ready yet. I think by next summer they will be just fine.
To be fair, I was almost 8 before I learned how to ride a bike. My husband was older than that, he was about 10 or 11.
Daughter Circus has also taken a HUGE interest in cooking as of late. I mean, she's always helped me in the kitchen, but now she's really into learning how to cook. Recently she has learned how to make oat meal for her and her brothers every morning. She does really good. She measures everything out and puts it in the microwave (but when it's done I remove it so no one gets burned). She's very proud of herself on her new found cooking skills. She even helped Daddy make pancakes one day and she did a very good job.



How can I forget to mention my nephew? I was able to visit him the other day, and I got my baby squishes on! Was so great to get to see that little guy! Though he isn't so little anymore, he's now almost 5 months old! He is growing up too quickly.
![]() |
| LOVE this little nephew of mine! |
![]() |
| My husband and babies. OH my aching ovaries. He loves babies so much, he is so cute to watch with them and they always love him too. |
![]() |
| Why yes, my nephew is a Prince Charming! |
![]() |
| His blue eyes are just like his moms! My little sister always had the bluest of blue eyes when she was little. |
Oh and musn't forget that the Tooth Fairy, has visited our home 3x this summer! Daughter Circus is on a roll here. At this rate, she may not have any teeth when school stars in a couple of weeks. She still has ONE more loose tooth up top. She's upset because now she can't whistle because she's missing her "whistling tooth".


Time to get on with my day, have a lot to do. It's looking a little dreary outside like we might get some more MUCH needed rain. I'm also thinking this looks like a LIBRARY day!
MOM CIRCUS


















